Hacking WiiU game dump's list and nfo

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no ones mentioned this but the eShop release is just 2397.3 MB.

If you take a look at any of the Wii U games a lot of them are around that size. It seems they just ripped the entire disc without actually compressing or removing anything. Most likely because they don't know how yet.

I remember back in the day when Wii games were that big and then they came out with ways to remove a lot of the unneeded junk. Games that were just a couple hundred megabytes would take up 4GB.

I wouldn't bother downloading anything yet until then. It's completely unnecessary to download 23GB when the games only 2.3GB.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

markehmus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is from the same people that leaked the SDK I believe.
YCW08I1.png

yes indeed and in that last nfo you can see

'see you soon mario' with the games title key from this release

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no ones mentioned this but the eShop release is just 2397.3 MB.

If you take a look at any of the Wii U games a lot of them are around that size. It seems they just ripped the entire disc without actually compressing or removing anything. Most likely because they don't know how yet.

I remember back in the day when Wii games were that big and then they came out with ways to remove a lot of the unneeded junk. Games that were just a couple hundred megabytes would take up 4GB.

I wouldn't bother downloading anything yet until then. It's completely unnecessary to download 23GB when the games only 2.3GB.

Something doesn't seem right with the numbers. Why the hell is it ten times bigger?

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
23GB. It would take at least 03:02:56 to download. (Three hours, two minutes and 56 seconds). I have no need to download this yet.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a 1:1 rip from the disc, Wii U discs are 25GB.
That explains the size of it.
I'm going to assume that someone will release a trimming tool that converts the ugly .00x into a sexy .wiiu
Why not just use iso, like for every other disc-based console ever?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the "scene" is usually very closely connected with the flashcard/modchip developers (if not the same people) i think people are getting excited about the dumps for the wrong reason...........its more likely these releases are just to support the ode manufactures, gone are the days of free hacks its all about making a product......even if it isn't technically needed

Reactions: Margen67

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
yea finished with ps3 ages ago. bored.com . but on the other hand im guessin there will be a simular thing as is with the wii games (SCRUBBED) so then u dont need to waste hundreds of GB space on shite. also there was a simular thing you could do with ps3 games if you new what you where lookin for. (languages exc)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
possible for the fact you wont need to convert them to another format after you've ripped or downloaded it. so simple drag and drop on hhd. but also means they gonna need splitting

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you do realize the extension has nothing to do with the format of the disk.....if anything the images being called .iso is technically incorrect as very few consoles use the ISO format, pretty much all the recenct console use their own disk format, i think .iso just became a standard file extension as everyone thinks of a disk image is a iso also for console that require the disk to be burned off the .iso file name means you can use it with existing programs

possible for the fact you wont need to convert them to another format after you've ripped or downloaded it. so simple drag and drop on hhd. but also means they gonna need splitting
pretty sure its has ntfs support, i dont think people would want to be using fat32 for storing such large files

Reactions: FireGrey

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
depends on how much stuff you want on it!! including things like gamceub games/wii games and wiiware and wii u!! you need some of those things on a fat32 i think.............

and before you say about havin 2 partitions..... NO lol wiiflow is better with 1 partition. so each user is probable gonna want a slightly different setup

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well nobody knows yet, but im sure they will be able to deal with split files if you really want to keep the drive formatted as fat32,but anyways i have a drive with a fat32 partion and a NTFS partion and it works fine in wiiflow.....also for what its worth it says it works with wii games too, so seeing as the drive will have to be plugged into the ODE rather than the wii u itself, it may be easier to run the wii backups directly from the ODE rather than switching the drive over to play them from wiiflow

Reactions: jammybudga777

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay