Hacking WiiU game dump's list and nfo

aphiliac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How long does compression and decompression take? (what CPU)

Compression using single threaded process at Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz :
real time is the execution time and user time is processortime*processes

time xz -9 -k pwr-ninlnd.wud

real 165m26.508s
user 164m26.633s
sys 0m43.435s

time zpaq a pwr-ninlnd.wud.zpaq pwr-ninlnd.wud -method 5 -threads 1

real 331m46.254s
user 334m45.723s
sys 1m21.285s

Decompression, using 4 cores for the zpaq:

time unxz pwr-ninlnd.wud.xz

real 9m35.981s
user 4m19.060s
sys 0m17.453s

time zpaq x pwr-ninlnd.wud.zpaq
zpaq v6.51 journaling archiver, compiled May 30 2014

real 119m30.464s
user 455m22.144s
sys 1m50.931s
XZ is the common linux implementation of lzma2 which is pretty much the same as 7zip. I ran it on highest compression but given the decompression time I guess it's still useful. Zpaq and nanozip are experimental implementations for optimization freaks but might be useful if you really care about space and not time. Nanozip will take even longer on the settings i ran (nz a -cc -m2g pwr-ninlnd.wud.nz pwr-ninlnd.wud) and did not perform any better.
Well, if it can be compress this way. Why the torrents are so big?
The rules in "the scene" forbids any form of compression of releases as far as I know.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course not, A) it's not like they could stop us and B) that's "the scene", hence why he put it in quotes :P and C) once we finally get access to the core of the system and OS and know how discs work we can probably just make a WBFS format for the wii u as well, cutting down on size by removing all the zeros and padding and just having the files.

Anyways, just compressed Nintendoland as well, same settings, making my system basically unusable for the 22 minutes it took and got it from 23.3 GB (25,025,314,816 bytes) to 6.03 GB (6,480,395,392 bytes). I'll put a torrent up for it tomorrow, it's 11:21PM here.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compression using single threaded process at Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz :
real time is the execution time and user time is processortime*processes

time xz -9 -k pwr-ninlnd.wud

real 165m26.508s
user 164m26.633s
sys 0m43.435s

time zpaq a pwr-ninlnd.wud.zpaq pwr-ninlnd.wud -method 5 -threads 1

real 331m46.254s
user 334m45.723s
sys 1m21.285s

Decompression, using 4 cores for the zpaq:

time unxz pwr-ninlnd.wud.xz

real 9m35.981s
user 4m19.060s
sys 0m17.453s

time zpaq x pwr-ninlnd.wud.zpaq
zpaq v6.51 journaling archiver, compiled May 30 2014

real 119m30.464s
user 455m22.144s
sys 1m50.931s
XZ is the common linux implementation of lzma2 which is pretty much the same as 7zip. I ran it on highest compression but given the decompression time I guess it's still useful. Zpaq and nanozip are experimental implementations for optimization freaks but might be useful if you really care about space and not time. Nanozip will take even longer on the settings i ran (nz a -cc -m2g pwr-ninlnd.wud.nz pwr-ninlnd.wud) and did not perform any better.
aphiliac thank you for the info on compression times and options.

The rules in "the scene" forbids any form of compression of releases as far as I know.
I do not believe that statement applies to consoles. The "scene" does not tolerate ripped or gutted releases. But I'm pretty sure n64,wii and 3ds roms are compressed.
Even in The.Legend.of.Zelda.The.Wind.Waker.HD.USA.WiiU-FAKE release the size and packed size do not match meaning there was compression but poorly done compression.
Here is an old link pertaining to ps2/xbox360/wii
http://scenenotice.org/details.php?id=758

Well, if it can be compress this way. Why the torrents are so big?

Because these "groups" (fake/powerup) are shitty wannabee groups that popped up outta nowhere and are nothing more than shills for a dongle called wiikeyu. They most likely have been able to beta some form of the dongle.
I would only trust groups that you have heard of before like venom ect.

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that it is indeed legit, I decrypted it using the key and it does have data, we can't READ it for now, but yes, it is legit. For example I found a bunch of strings for the update section http://pastebin.com/3dni1xRF and the start of the junk data I found was "FST", like here http://pastebin.com/wktNfsAU so yes, you can start the hyping properly now. Haven't looked through all of it, but that should be proof enough for now.

How did you decrypt the iso?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MN1 told me to use OpenSSL and so I did. If you have cygwin and/or linux of some sort it should be installed already. You basically use the title key from the NFO, hence that long hash in the command below. Keep in mind this is a TITLE key, and not all of it will be decrypted/readable when you run this, since it is a title key and because some of it is already decrypted.
openssl enc -d -aes-128-cbc -K E23AEA154F1428156D25BFCC40F63856 -iv 0 -nopad -in pwr-sm3dw.wud -out decrypted.bin

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MN1 told me to use OpenSSL and so I did. If you have cygwin and/or linux of some sort it should be installed already. You basically use the title key from the NFO, hence that long hash in the command below. Keep in mind this is a TITLE key, and not all of it will be decrypted/readable when you run this, since it is a title key and because some of it is already decrypted.
openssl enc -d -aes-128-cbc -K E23AEA154F1428156D25BFCC40F63856 -iv 0 -nopad -in pwr-sm3dw.wud -out decrypted.bin

Mario must have told you more because that is not 100% accurate. Even the update partition (encrypted part) will only be 99.9755859375% accurate if you do it that way.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He actually didn't as far as I know, so do tell. I wouldn't know the first thing about encryption, I just know what it (for the most part) looks like in context and hope that the programs do what they're supposed to.
(Never hurts to be humble)

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bug_Checker_ the VENOM release is actually corrupted, so you have to put your trust somewhere else I guess.

And I don't see how those two groups are helping WiiKeyU, one of the WiiKeyU features is dumping your games.
Once it is out everyone will make compressed/scrubbed dumps and put them up nobody will download those 25GB scene releases.

And yes they should use a different compression, I tried .rar best and it just doesn't detect the repeating patterns.
Xz sounds like a good enough method, got really great results with it.

And does WiiKeyU even exist, anyone has yet to see any videos/pictures of it, for a "soon" release they sure lack in that department.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bug_Checker_ the VENOM release is actually corrupted, so you have to put your trust somewhere else I guess.
To the issue of The_Avengers_Battle_for_Earth_PAL_WiiU-VENOM: I have yet to see it nuked or repacked.
Yes, VEMON could have been fishing sectors out of ram and screwed up (I guess) or missing something while reading it from the drive itself .My point was to not just trust a couple of groups that popped up overnight and start begging for donations cuz they got an exploit burning a hole in their pockets when they can not even compress a disc properly.( I'm sorry I meant not A disc but ANY and ALL discs,properly.) It really would not surprise me if they were the same team under 2 different names.
And I don't put 100% trust in ANY (early) scene releases. The 3ds releases have been mostly incomplete going all the way back to the 1st Legacy releases. Even stuff I do I don't trust a 100%. (I remember when dslinux 1st came out and I tried to dd the dslite firmware, If you didn't read it multiple times you couldn't trust the dump. It would fail 3 out of every 10 times changing a random 32 bytes(IIRC)).
And I don't see how those two groups are helping WiiKeyU, one of the WiiKeyU features is dumping your games.
They are helping by driving interest and pre-orders(right now) in a dongle that has yet to be publicly demo-ed. I mean Crown3ds looked more legitimate. These dumps could have been released in May of 2013 or earlier. In fact, I would NOT be surprised if there were internal releases that never saw the light of day. IIRC the WODE team not wanting to give up an exploit was toying with the idea of having people to send in their wiiu to be modified for some sort of ode/dongle back in early 2013.
Once it is out everyone will make compressed/scrubbed dumps and put them up nobody will download those 25GB scene releases.
People will not be doing much of anything without the wiiu commonkey. Until I see the key released (publicly), I would NOT believe anything these current release groups say.

Finally, I believe that the WiikeyU progress currently is 72%.
But do NOT quote me on that :-)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, without the common key we can't do anything. If it wasn't an issue we might've already had an exploit by now. Also, if it didn't fry my laptop then I would experiment more with compression, but for now all I can offer is a compressed version to download and hope that someone can put it to use. Speaking of which, just released a compressed version of Nintendo Land as well.
Info Hash: E4E4BA4393905D8ABA560E13B5B0EFB1C280F8AF
My issue with FAKE's releases is that they released the ISOs as a bunch of shady mirror links to freemium shitty download sites. At least PoWeRUp tried to make it possible to download by making it a torrent.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
NWPlayer123
The scene doesn't release stuff on download sites lol.

And if PoWeRUp put up the torrents then way are the bitcoin addresses changed on tbb?

It simply means that some people rather try to make a quick buck instead of putting it up on torrent.

D

Deleted User

:: Unknown :: New.Super.Mario.Bros.U.USA.WiiU-FAKE :: Pred 8h 31m 50s ago. : Fri 30 May 2014

2qkp8n5.png

i bought my retail MK8 at 9am but havent opened it yet ... wanna open it with the kids

I got this game on E-shop and I remember its size was only less than 2GB,, and every rip of Wii U games are about 23gb each,, Dummy is so large on Wii U rips :)

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this game on E-shop and I remember its size was only less than 2GB,, and every rip of Wii U games are about 23gb each,, Dummy is so large on Wii U rips :)

It's not necessarily dummy data. Most likely it is redundant files (a disc's worth) in case of a scratched or damaged disc. This goes back to at least the pc-engine days(late 80's) when the cds had the 2 data tracks on the inner and outer rings(non-standard specification ) in case of corruption with unimportant raw audio tracks sandwiched in between.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's not necessarily dummy data. Most likely it is redundant files (a disc's worth) in case of a scratched or damaged disc. This goes back to at least the pc-engine days(late 80's) when the cds had the 2 data tracks on the inner and outer rings(non-standard specification ) in case of corruption with unimportant raw audio tracks sandwiched in between.

Sorry for the noob question, but if the ISOS are 23 GB, and the discs are 25GB, they are 2GB left? or when you burn the ISO it takes all the extras GB from the disc? My Assassin's Creed III original disc itsn't burned at all.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the disc size is inconsistent (AFAIK), IDK why people round it up from 23 to 25 but the actual size you can write to a disc is 23.3 GB (25,025,314,816 bytes). I know that's correct because these ISOs are literally just dumping any and all data on the disc, encrypted or not. The ISO size is how much data the disc holds, the same hold true for Wii ISOs/discs at 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes) and GC ISOs/discs at 1.35 GB (1,459,978,240 bytes)

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noob question, but if the ISOS are 23 GB, and the discs are 25GB, they are 2GB left? or when you burn the ISO it takes all the extras GB from the disc? My Assassin's Creed III original disc itsn't burned at all.

It takes a lot for a bad question. People really,really have to try hard for there to be a bad question. There are a lot of bad answers though.
Since I don't know your noob-ness. I'll make some assumptions.
If you have ever bought some sort of storage media cd/dvd/sdcard/usbdrive/harddrive/bluray discs etc, most manufacturers have told you their version of the truth(while technically true mostly dishonest). Cpus understand Hexadecimal numbers (0x0 to 0xF) (16 different numbers represented by just one character) natively and perhaps "better" than they do decimal numbers(only ten possible choices for a single character 0-9).
So to the average person or storage medium supplier, 1000 bytes will look like this (1000). To a computer well they like 1 Kilobyte(kilo meaning a thousand) to be a multiple of 16. So 0x400 (hexadecimal) is equal to 1024 decimal bytes ( 4 groups of 16 groups of 16 bytes) or (4 times 16 times 16). To get to a million in decimal we would write 1,000,000(which is a thousand groups of a thousand)or (1000 times 1000). A computer would prefer 1,048,576 which is a 1024 groups of a 1024 bytes or (1024 times 1024). So a million bytes or a megabyte could equal 1,000,000 bytes or 1048576 bytes depending on who is giving you the answer.
Finally, look at the true filesize in bytes of the wud and it will be over 25 million bytes.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It takes a lot for a bad question. People really,really have to try hard for there to be a bad question. There are a lot of bad answers though.
Since I don't know your noob-ness. I'll make some assumptions.
If you have ever bought some sort of storage media cd/dvd/sdcard/usbdrive/harddrive/bluray discs etc, most manufacturers have told you their version of the truth(while technically true mostly dishonest). Cpus understand Hexadecimal numbers (0x0 to 0xF) (16 different numbers represented by just one character) natively and perhaps "better" than they do decimal numbers(only ten possible choices for a single character 0-9).
So to the average person or storage medium supplier, 1000 bytes will look like this (1000). To a computer well they like 1 Kilobyte(kilo meaning a thousand) to be a multiple of 16. So 0x400 (hexadecimal) is equal to 1024 decimal bytes ( 4 groups of 16 groups of 16 bytes) or (4 times 16 times 16). To get to a million in decimal we would write 1,000,000(which is a thousand groups of a thousand)or (1000 times 1000). A computer would prefer 1,048,576 which is a 1024 groups of a 1024 bytes or (1024 times 1024). So a million bytes or a megabyte could equal 1,000,000 bytes or 1048576 bytes depending on who is giving you the answer.
Finally, look at the true filesize in bytes of the wud and it will be over 25 million bytes.

Forget it, it was a stupid question, I now have a answer, sorry for this, I can't speak english very well, forget all of this. Thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: How you doin xdq?