Hacking Wii's Homebrew Channel & CFG USB Loader Bring Up 'Stack Dump' Error (Exception DSI)

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edit: Solution. The nunchuk was plugged in.

I think my Wii is corrupted somehow and I don't know why.

One day, I booted up CFG USB Loader via the forwarder to play a game and I was met with the stack dump error and DSI Exception in the spoiler when trying to launch it. I thought my SD card was corrupted so I backed it up and reformatted it. I was still met with the stack error as soon as I clicked on the game. I tried using a different SD card freshly formatted; it still didn't work.

As a test to see if the problem was from the SD card, I took the SD card out of the Wii's slot and tried to launch Homebrew Channel. After a few seconds, Homebrew Channel loaded but then immediately brought up a new stack dump error and ISI Exception (see below). So, I know it's not the SD card.

It's worth noting that when I loaded CFG and the Homebrew Channel, my Wii pointer on screen was extremely laggy.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I hope that posting the stack errors in the spoilers will provide some information. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

(removed spoilers)

Last edited by HaloEffect17,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently, it was the nunchuk I was using that was causing the problem. I switched to a new nunchuk, and poof... no stack errors. I found the solution here. I still don't know why having a plugged accessory while booting CFG or Homebrew Channel causes these stack errors (exceptions), but I'm just grateful that it now works.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Third-party controllers can sometimes cause problems with homebrew because the open source SDK doesn't have the device IDs for those controllers and doesn't handle unknown values well.
All of my nunchuks and Wiimotes are first-party controllers, so I still don't understand why the homebrew channel didn't like one of my nunchuks.

ThisIsVerse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem but it’s with WiiDoom and I don’t have Third Party Controllers just First Party and The error only happens when I start Doom1, Any Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o