Hacking Wiimotes SURROUND!

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
OP
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Now wouldn't it be amazing if we could take our Wiimotes and place them around us while watching a video or listening to a song on Mplayer or some other hot media players available to us through out our lovely HomeBreWare? Just think for a second... Mplayer WiiSurround Player v.1

Any takers on this idea that know a little somethin' somethin' about coding the Wiiiizzle on the shiizzle dizzzle??

Just thought I would throw that idea up in the air...I mean we already have controll of the wiimote through homebrew.. how hard is it to incorporate a script into an existing open-source media player?

Even if it is done on one of the Linux distros.. .but we probably have more control of it for the time being in the homebrew itself.

Peace my Wizzle Dizzle.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy crap, i never actually thought about this before, but the concept seems decent!

marcan said:
That's got to be one of the most retarded ideas I've ever heard. For many reasons.
at least people are coming up with UNIQUE ideas instead of repeating the same thing over and over again.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be cool.

It would be cool to prank someone with the wiimote though. Like hide it behind a couch and startle someone with it.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't the wiimote sound terrible
no seriously they sound like a car honking its horn at a deaf person during a nuclear war

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimote surround would suck. The speaker in the Wiimote is crappy for anything but sound effects. Sorry.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
kornychaos said:
holy crap, i never actually thought about this before, but the concept seems decent!

marcan said:
That's got to be one of the most retarded ideas I've ever heard. For many reasons.
at least people are coming up with UNIQUE ideas instead of repeating the same thing over and over again.
A truly UNIQUE idea. Now make it happen.

IronMask

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Marcan.. Your just pissed because I pissed on your modded gc controller thingy.. it wasn't that I thought it was a bad idea man.. it was because the way you flamed everyone Brekken about it and other people and you constantly criticize something that you see the least bit interested in. but I have let that go.. I was applauding you for the improvements to the HB1.01...nice job. Anyways... where I was getting with that is... who is to say we can't jack up those speakers on the Wii with attachable speaker maybe through the hunchuck port?!...and maybe even give it a few more batteries to boost sound... Something easy of coarse to reassemble and disassemble. Anyways. I thought it was something cool.. I see it caught your attention anyways Marcan!
tongue.gif

Peace!

IronMask

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
That is sooo not even close to impossible and I am almost willing to juice one up... I don't know how to do the programming but I know I can the hardware portion of it... I used to take cheap walkman's apart and add a few small mods and addons with some really descent headphone speakers and well...let's just say they were pretty cool... I mean.. but think about that possibility... you already have the bluetooth capability... just a little more power and a better speaker and you could get something pretty cool out of it... But I'm not knocking you for your closed mind on this topic... I am just saying it is able to happen alot faster than us getting 6x speed on a softloader...

Yea.. but we're talking about homebrew...macgyvers for the wii... not your basic surround systen hooked up... something to throw in your kids room to give them so surrounded animation to their favorite disney....blah blah blah!

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a guess here, but he might not have surround sound?

Posts merged

Highly unlikely.

Even if you get the hardware modded, whats to say that the actual sound signal is going to get better?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Point of surround sound is to get immersed into whatever it is your watching / listening.

Naturally, the TV speakers will be louder than what the wiimotes will be throwing at you.

Wiimote speakers are not loud enough to immerse you. Its about the same / worse than having 4 cell phones surround you while all of them are on speaker.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hes thinking of a softmod, not a hardmod...

Whatever the Wiimote's capabilities of being used as a speaker have already been pushed to the limit on some of the Wii games that use it.

Any higher and the speaker itself might blow.

That and the batteries on the Wiimote will drain rather fast...

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you kidding me?

IronMask said:
I don't know how to do the programming but I know I can the hardware portion of it... I used to take cheap walkman's apart and add a few small mods and addons with some really descent headphone speakers and well...let's just say they were pretty cool... I mean.. but think about that possibility... you already have the bluetooth capability... just a little more power and a better speaker and you could get something pretty cool out of it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol