Hacking Wiimms SZS Tools

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure but I think MF needs to be disabled after the dol is loaded into memory, but if you launch it via the WiiVC it probably uses the apploader on the disc image and MetaFortress may partially be embedded in that, too.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm not 100% sure but I think MF needs to be disabled after the dol is loaded into memory, but if you launch it via the WiiVC it probably uses the apploader on the disc image and MetaFortress may partially be embedded in that, too.
Would need to patch apploader.img then?

LinuxCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey, i want to use this tool for a wii game that is not mario kart wii, which should work, however extracting a brres file gives me a file without extension and i don't know what model it is. does anyone knows anything?

LinuxCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did indeed forgot a lot of information. I am trying to extract 3D models from TrackMania Wii, specifically the stadium blocks. Those files are brmdl, which decompress to brres. To convert those, i am running "wszst EXTRACT file.brres" on a Ubuntu 20.04 computer. It extracts to a folder named "3DModels(NW4R)" with inside of it a file without extension attached to it. My question being what type of model type (obj, 3ds, stl, dae, etc...) it is.
I can also display and convert those models in brres viewer, however converting all models 1 by 1 would be too long and this is why i'm searching for a command line tool (because you can do for/while loops).
If i can provide any other useful infomation, feel free to tell me.

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u can do it manually you could use autoit or similar automation software to simulate the button clicks to get it done in bulk. Far from an ideal solution but it's all I have to offer. Hopefully someone else can offer a more elegant solution

Edit: I had to do something similar with modmii in order to run the official sneek installer via the script

Last edited by XFlak,

1ROP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use these tools for games other than Mario Kart? I downloaded and installed the Linux x64 wit and wstrt tools, and I can extract the main.dol for Paper Mario: TTYD using wit extract, but when I try to analyze it (wstrt analyze main.dol), I get this message: "unknown main.dol found." When I try to patch the .dol with a .gct file (wstrt patch main.dol --add-section G8ME01gct), I get this message: "main.dol not modified."

What am I doing wrong, or is what I'm trying to do not possible for Paper Mario TTYD?

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While WIT works for every game, WSTRT has been specifically written for Mario Kart Wii and will not work with other games, so if you do want to add a GCT to another game you'd need to do that manually with a hex editor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone +1