Misc Wiimmfi announcements

D

Deleted User

They use nintendo wifi, at least my WBFS. iT says the error when the servers are down. Does anyone know a wiimmfi alternative for WaW?
They use NintendoWifi PID+Matchmaking servers, that's why

Can this be used with DS too? If so, how?
You need an Action Replay or an R4.
R4 - patch the rom with WfcPatcher and change DNS to 46.4.79.141
Action Replay - make the AR code with WfcReplay, DNS to 46.4.79.141
(AC:WW Requires US v1.1 ROM, Action Replay codes will not work)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd just like to say that today is a test for the new C server Wiimm has coded.
The test starts at 13:00 UK Time (Type '13:00 UK' in google for the time in your timezone) until 19:00 UK time (6hrs)
You need to set your DNS to 78.46.60.24 but set it back afterwards - the DNS server will be gone after 7 UK time.
You cannot make any new profiles, as that can cause an issue. So you need to use existing Wiimmfi saves - the PIDs are being copied.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Error 238xx : Consoles are activated 7 days after registration now.

The situation until now:
A Dolphin player cheated and was banned. Then he creates a new generic NAND, logins in with a new console, creates a profile and cheats some minutes later again.

To get this problem under control, I have changed the console creation rules again:

If a new console is registered at Wiimmfi, the user gets a new error message:
* 23899: Console successfully registered. Wait 7 days for activation.

Trying to login and to create a new profile will result in an other 238xx error:
* 2388y: Wait y days for console activation.
* 238xx: (xx=01-79) Wait xx hours for console activation.

This is not a problem for old registered consoles. Only very few new and honest players has a disadvantage: They must wait 7 days before entering Wiimmfi. But in deed, they haven't played online 400 days before, so that 7 more days is only a small loss.

Reactions: LWares87

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Takes 1 bad apple to ruin things for everyone else :(
Really?

I see 3 classes of players:

The honest one with already registered consoles (majority of players):
For those the only difference is, that they have a chance to meet less cheaters.

The honest players with new consoles (very rare):
The haven't used Wiimmfi in the last 60 week and must now wait 1 more week with a chance to meet less cheaters.

Cheaters:
It now more complicated to enter Wiimmfi minutes after a ban.

And where are "ruin things for everyone else"?

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Really?

I see 3 classes of players:

The honest one with already registered consoles (majority of players):
For those the only difference is, that they have a chance to meet less cheaters.

The honest players with new consoles (very rare):
The haven't used Wiimmfi in the last 60 week and must now wait 1 more week with a chance to meet less cheaters.

Cheaters:
It now more complicated to enter Wiimmfi minutes after a ban.

And where are "ruin things for everyone else"?

He means it takes a few bad apples (cheaters) to affect everyone else (honest w/ new consoles)

Reactions: Wiimm

James Blackburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, sorry to bother but I'm a new user of wiimfi and to start I wanted to say a HUGE thank you for doing what you are doing. Second of all I have a slight problem with animal crossing lets go to the city. I never obtained my friend code and now with wiimfi when I go to ask for a friend code it says: Either the Nintendo wifi servers are experiencing high traffic volumes or the service is down. How can I enable my wiimfi account and play get a friend code on animal crossing? Many thanks.

D

Deleted User

Hey, sorry to bother but I'm a new user of wiimfi and to start I wanted to say a HUGE thank you for doing what you are doing. Second of all I have a slight problem with animal crossing lets go to the city. I never obtained my friend code and now with wiimfi when I go to ask for a friend code it says: Either the Nintendo wifi servers are experiencing high traffic volumes or the service is down. How can I enable my wiimfi account and play get a friend code on animal crossing? Many thanks.

What error code? What is said by the game can be wrong because we changed the error codes :P It's probably 23899, 23887 or 23879, which means you need to wait 7 days. Wiimm added his to slow down hackers using dolphin and that disgusting unbanner.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but if someone plays legit for a whole month, while also making new ones every day, they can then be ignorant with the other ones for the whole next month and so on. ^^

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After the new 7 day registration period... I'm still getting the 23915 error again (although... i seem to not be having any problems with altwfc though, as i can connect to that just fine).

I registered to the wiimmfi server last Saturday in the late evening, UK Time.

D

Deleted User

After the new 7 day registration period... I'm still getting the 23915 error again (although... i seem to not be having any problems with altwfc though, as i can connect to that just fine).

I registered to the wiimmfi server last Saturday in the late evening, UK Time.
I can already guess - DOLPHIN
YOU NEED TO SET YOUR MAC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1