OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
About Wiimmfi Shutdown
At December 30 we updated the server system. This included a SQL server upgrade. In the evening/night we detected 2 issues, and the combination crashes the SQL server.
  1. The forums database has some fault relations between the tables. The old SQL server ignores them and so we didn't know anything about it.
  2. The upgraded SQL server has a bug and crashed many times for different events. After a time we found out, that always the forums db (forum.wii-homebrew.com) was the reason. So the forums database becomes more faulty. Because of the crash, all other systems (like Wiimmfi) had also problems.
The analysis took much time until we found both issues deep in the night. It was difficult to find out, that the combination of both problems were the reasons for the crash.

In the afternoon of Dec 31, we downgraded the database software and the database itself. Now the new system with the old SQL server runs since 11 and the problems of above are gone.

Last edited by Wiimm,

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
2 extensions for the Wiimmfi portal, both related to sessions:
  • At login, a user can decide to allow IP changes for the session. See checkbox below the password.
  • All open session of the active users are listed at status page. They can be closed by one click.

MjSonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please help me? I have an Action Replay code for my DS Lite and I followed the directions of how to connect, but every time I connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi (on Mario Kart DS) it keeps saying "Connecting to Nintendo WFC. Please wait a moment." I literally waited an hour and 30 minutes for it to connect and it's still connecting! Someone please help me!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please help me? I have an Action Replay code for my DS Lite and I followed the directions of how to connect, but every time I connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi (on Mario Kart DS) it keeps saying "Connecting to Nintendo WFC. Please wait a moment." I literally waited an hour and 30 minutes for it to connect and it's still connecting! Someone please help me!

Nintendo WFC for Wii and DS are shut down and no longer available. Are you trying to use it or Wiimfii?

Reactions: Deleted User

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo WFC for Wii and DS are shut down and no longer available. Are you trying to use it or Wiimfii?
I'd take it he's trying to use Wiimmfi dude. ;)

Point being though, doesn't wiimmfi require a DNS redirect for DS games and not an AR code? I know altwfc needed a patch, but...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd take it he's trying to use Wiimmfi dude. ;)

Point being though, doesn't wiimmfi require a DNS redirect for DS games and not an AR code? I know altwfc needed a patch, but...

He only had 6 posts and I assumed maybe he was confused about what thread he posted in. I don't even know if Wiimmfi has support for DS games. I don't see any references to it on the web site. :/

EDIT: Well, apparently it does. :P Just in case he checks back here is the info on how to do it.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, I could use that as well, as I need to re-do my setup (finally found a tool that dumps my cart, so I can ditch the US ROM files I've been using!)

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
competitions are now available from the server

Although, will there be a fix for backup loaders (like USB Loader GX)?

Edit: sorry @Wiimm, i thought this issue would be something that you could possibly address.

Last edited by LWares87,

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about physical copies of games? I'm not using ISOs.

Edit: Found MrBean's video, I can play with disc games online now.

Last edited by MegAmi24,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is the server or not but, while I am playing Mario Kart Wii I get some ocasional lag spikes from other players. Causing confusion to where I am, or others...

I'm curious if it could be fixed or resolved. Although it's virtually impossible what's the best way to fix it?

Zanemc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really want to play animal crossing wild world online but when i input the action replay code and dns and try to talk to copper to get my FC he starts to connect to wiimmfi then it half way freezes (its still going but the visual in the game has frozen) then he says to me "... im terribly sorry Zane! but you cannot go to that town!" what am i doing wrong? is there a tutorial for ds wiimmfi so i can check if i did something wrong?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it applies to DS consoles but there is a 7 day waiting period after you register before your console ID is active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1