Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
drama whore
rolleyes.gif

there is no exit bug

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Version 1.0.7 Released http://www.wiimc.org/

August 15th,
QUOTE said:
Version 1.0.7 has been released along with an updated WiiMC Channel (no longer uses IOS202 and no longer requires a trucha-bugged IOS for installation), and brings with it many changes and improvements. Most notably, IOS202 support has been removed in favor of IOS58, YouTube support was added (this release will overwrite your onlinemedia.xml, just like 1.0.6 did), and playback of MKVs has been fixed. Full changelog:

CODEIOS 202 support removed
USB 2.0 support via IOS 58 added – requires that IOS58 be pre-installed
WiiMC channel updated – requires IOS58 and does NOT require a cIOS to install. Thanks to megazig and svpe for help with this
DVD support via AHBPROT – requires latest HBC or latest WiiMC channel
Synced to MPlayer r31961
YouTube support (thanks to lukegb and ataraxis for some help)
Picture zoom, rotate, pan, auto-rotate via exif data (thanks ataraxis!)
Fixed seeking for local FLV files
Fixed black-screen video issue with videos having widths over 1024
Fixed playback of MKV files
New YUV->RGB conversion in TEV for videos up to 720p (thanks sepp256!)
Restrict video loading to 720p (1280×720)
Enable caching of DVD CSS keys. They are written to the ‘css’ folder (created automatically).
Fixed playback of files with mono sound
Fixed issue with HTTP over-buffering
Other minor improvements/corrections

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS58 works fine for me. It even can autodetect when the hdd is plugged in or unplugged.

Edit: usb doesn't work when launched by channel.

DVD works fine when launched from HBC. (Didn't try from channel)

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Yay 1.07 is out and fast forwarding/ skip scenes works on my FLV files. Finally I can get rid of M Player CE from my apps!

Great work Tantric and thanks a bunch!

I almost forgot...thanks Rodries too!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, I have two Problems:

1. The new Forwarder simply restarts my Wii. The directory of the PLayer should be right, since I updated through the player itself...

2. I didn`t read the changelog before I updated (made the update at night, when my PC was off already) and after updating I noticed, that usb 2.0 was not used anymore with my current cIOS installations. As far as I can see cIOS 202 is not supported now but I don`t really know what is meant with using IOS58 for usb 2.0... Currently I have Waninkokos cIOSx 19 with 58 as the base installed.

Would appreciate any help, since I use this Player daily!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
luminalace said:
^ You should really change your slot for CiosX and get a clean unpatched ios58!
So when I change the slot to another base will ios58 get cleaned up (unpatched) automatically?

I´m really not up-to-date with all these ios-cios-things
blush.gif

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you use DarKcorp you should have an unpatched ios58...err atleast I think!

You should probably get Cios20 then install on base 56!

Then just in case use Any Title Deleter and delete ios58 and reinstall using Tantric's ios58 installer HERE

Also from what I've heard it's version 6175 of ios58 and you may have an older version anyway.

UPDATE: DOH please forgive me but I thought about this and yes your ios58 is patched and just running a cios installer in another sslot won't make it any less patched! Do what I said above from the 2nd line onwards and you will have an unpatched ios58 again!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
^ OK, I installed cIOSx 20b on 249 with 56 as the base and I also installed IOS58 with Tentriks updater (It wasn`t even listed in the title deleter - I previously had said, that I had installed cIOSx 19 with 58 but it was 57
wacko.gif
) .

Now the forwarder does forward me to WiiMC and I guess USB2.0 would work as well but unfortunately now my HDD (WD Elements 1,5TB) and my USB-stick (8GB) both aren`t recognized by the program anymore... I guess that could have something to do with compatibility
frown.gif

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
^ OK, I installed cIOSx 20b on 249 with 56 as the base and I also installed IOS58 with Tentriks updater (It wasn`t even listed in the title deleter - I previously had said, that I had installed cIOSx 19 with 58 but it was 57
wacko.gif
) .

Now the forwarder does forward me to WiiMC and I guess USB2.0 would work as well but unfortunately now my HDD (WD Elements 1,5TB) and my USB-stick (8GB) both aren`t recognized by the program anymore... I guess that could have something to do with compatibility
frown.gif

Try launching it from HBC

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Master Mo said:
wacko.gif
) .

frown.gif

I still use my 16Gb SD card (HDD has only games) so cannot help you there. Still it's weird that 1.06 worked with your HDD and 1.07 doesn't. Maybe you should post in the wiimc forum about your issue and go back to 1.06 until it's sorted!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lexip; said:
Master Mo said:
...Now the forwarder does forward me to WiiMC and I guess USB2.0 would work as well but unfortunately now my HDD (WD Elements 1,5TB) and my USB-stick (8GB) both aren`t recognized by the program anymore... I guess that could have something to do with compatibility
frown.gif
Try launching it from HBC
Strangely this solves the problem with the HDD recognition but it still doesn`t seem to use USB 2.0...

So as far as I can see I have successfully installed cIOS20b base56, the newest Forwarder (1.3) and successfully updated IOS58 through Tentricks Updater and WiiMC (1.0.7) itself and like this my HDD is not recognized by the Player when launched through the Forwarder and when launched through the homebrew-Channel it recognizes my HDD but doesn`t use USB 2.0... Over all very strange.

I think I`ll stick to 1.0.6 for now, since it seems to be compatible with the Forwarder 1.3.

EDIT:
QUOTE(luminalace @ Aug 16 2010, 01:33 PM)
I still use my 16Gb SD card (HDD has only games) so cannot help you there. Still it's weird that 1.06 worked with your HDD and 1.07 doesn't. Maybe you should post in the wiimc forum about your issue and go back to 1.06 until it's sorted!
I just saw, that there are 3 or 4 people at the forum, who are having the same problem so it might be a problem with the app itself. I will watch the thread and maybe Tantrick will give feedback on why this happens.

Thanks for the quick help.

EDIT2:
Tantric said on the WiiMC-Forum, that the issue has been resolved with the newest update... Nice! Here`s to Tantric
grog.gif

naraku00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed and resintalled the wiimc channel and it gives me some ios patched error. After that I can't see my usb anymore when I load through the channel.

If I load from HBC the USB devices loads fine...I hope this is not some piracy bs like making HBC upside down.

Bugs 1.0.7 :

FTP doesn't work anymore. I know my username password server ip etc they're correct. It's working for MPlayerCE and it worked for 1.0.6.

MKV files that didn't load before loads now but the picture freezes after 1-2 seconds and sound still continues. The whole system is unresponsive. Had to power off the Wii to exit. But sound keeps playing just fine...

I already set frame dropping to always since the default is "No".

MPlayerCE plays this file just fine...

Reverted back to 1.0.0.6 and the old channel. Sure mkv files doesn't load at all but better than handling my Wii all the time after freezes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye