Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
Skizzo said:
UranusKiller said:
Don't start posting compiled builds, as this will make people start moaning about bugs which are present in the beta! instead of the official releases on the tracker.
Again, because we're all fucking stupid and/or lazy and wouldn't be able to understand a simple request that only bugs in the official releases are to be moaned about...
rolleyes.gif
FFS, give people some credit. The DS emu and related thread don't seem to be suffering from any terrible problems by having the latest builds compiled and available...

Easy for you to say, you're not the developer. No, you're certainly not ALL stupid or lazy. But some people are. Those people pester developers without reading existing issues, or without realizing they're using a beta version. Unless you want to respond to the emails in my inbox... Remember this is a project in its early stages. SVN is our 'testing ground'. Some changes may completely break some or all functionality. This is why I don't recommend using SVN at this time.
Well the idiots should simply be ignored then. I guess the DS emu team must just be lucky as I haven't seen them doing a lot of complaining. I'm sure someone will come along eventually and set up a system to automatically make builds every so often as is done with the emu. How difficult would it be to add a big, bold BETA disclaimer, etc. that gets displayed (and perhaps requires a certain button combination be pressed to proceed past) for the non-official builds

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Skizzo said:
Again, because we're all fucking stupid and/or lazy and wouldn't be able to understand a simple request that only bugs in the official releases are to be moaned about...
rolleyes.gif
FFS, give people some credit. The DS emu and related thread don't seem to be suffering from any terrible problems by having the latest builds compiled and available...

Then why don't you compile it, send the guy a link, and just stfu? God you're a prick.

To borrow some of your words from you petty tirade...

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Nov 5 2009, 08:54 PM)
OH NOZ!!!! I GOT SHOT DOWN ONLINE!!!
ohmy.gif

Quit you're whining & complaining man.
It's really getting old, but I guess if you have some sort of "virtual reputation" thing you feel you need to uphold... then go for it.

Have I been perfect? Nope... but I could care less if you say anything else. And I sir, am done with you and this entire bit of nonsense.

LOL.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, no flaming. The next flame will get a warning.

Either argument was valid, you just have to keep it civil. And please, no more off-topic. Thanks.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Guys, no flaming. The next flame will get a warning.

Either argument was valid, you just have to keep it civil. And please, no more off-topic. Thanks.
Yeah, sure. You seem to be a very fair moderator...either that or I just don't know what a flame is...
rolleyes.gif

"This post has been removed by a moderator.
Reason: no flaming toward other members"

Yet...

D34DL1N3R said:
...I'm pretty sure you are just a natural asshole.

...not removed...so, I'm putting this one down in my book of GBAtemp acceptable conduct not considered a flame...

and...

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ May 3 2010, 04:54 PM)
Then why don't you compile it, send the guy a link, and just stfu? God you're a prick.

another for the book...unless of course the moderators are anything but fair...please let me know which is the case. Perhaps I'll have to start another book... Useless, biased moderators on GBAtemp...

Seeing as how this guy has also gotten away with calling people dickfaces, retards, telling people to "Grow at least HALF a brain to replace that reeking gob of ass spooge you have in your head.", etc. without a single fucking thing said or done by the moderation staff, I'm guess it's going to be the latter... Of course, ironically, I'll probably get banned again for pointing all of this out.
laugh.gif

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
so.....

I just got a hold of WiiMC, works really well for me so far.

I have alot of DVDs on my HDD, copied from DVD Shrink - so there are .BUP & .VOB file in a Video_TS folder. I can play the indivdual files from these in 'Video' mode, but its a bit of a pain because some movies are split into 5 or 6 files, and i have to play each one indivdually. There is also no funtioning menus & it just makes everyting more complicated.

I was hoping that in 'DVD' mode it would have the option to 'Play from Folder' or 'Play from Disc' but it doesnt seem to.

Am I missing something or is this feature not implemented? (and if so - would i be able to request the function from the devs?)

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
have u reported those comments? If not, how do u expect a moderator to be aware of EVERY inappropriate post

i'm not taking sides, i don't care about what u guys say to each other, but don't complain about mods if u haven't mentioned anything to them.
I have reported several comments that were considerably 'worse' than anything I've said that's gotten deleted as 'flaming' and nothing's happened. The posts remain. And the ones I just quoted were only a page or two back and judging by the mod's comments here, it sounds as if he's perfectly aware of them but only found it necessary to delete my post, which didn't actually contain anything nasty, and was in fact simply a direct quote of something DEADLINER had said in the other thread I was talking about, and which of course, still remains. LOL.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
somewhat offtopic, dvd shrink has an option to rip the disk to a SINGLE file instead of 5 or 6 etc.

It most certainly does.

QUOTE(vengfulr3ap3r @ May 3 2010, 05:20 PM) Im sure this has already been asked. but i kinda dont wanna read 22 pages of replies o_0.

but, is/ will it ever be possible to listen to a shared itunes library with this app?
like.. will you be able to see it in the "music" section or w/e and then be able to browse/listen to all your playlists and stuff.
or will i only be able to share out my music folder??

-D

Edit: I cant share out my entire folder, it causes wiimc to crash. not sure if its a known problem or not (most likely cause i have over 6000+ tracks) but thought id try to be of some help.
I've got about 10k tracks in my music folder and they seem to play without any issue. I have all of my music separated out by artist/album though, so at most I'm displaying 30 tracks at a time. WiiMC has a pretty intuitive on the fly playlist creator built right in, so it's still easy to quickly setup my tracks.

Is your music folder separated out similar to mine or do you just have all of your audio files lumped into one single folder? Do you recall any of your songs not playing properly in another player? Maybe there is a corrupt file or something that is causing the crash, just thinking out loud here...

vengfulr3ap3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midnightzak said:
I've got about 10k tracks in my music folder and they seem to play without any issue. I have all of my music separated out by artist/album though, so at most I'm displaying 30 tracks at a time. WiiMC has a pretty intuitive on the fly playlist creator built right in, so it's still easy to quickly setup my tracks.

Is your music folder separated out similar to mine or do you just have all of your audio files lumped into one single folder? Do you recall any of your songs not playing properly in another player? Maybe there is a corrupt file or something that is causing the crash, just thinking out loud here...

Nu uh, I keep all my stuff sorted pretty good. it usually goes like this, Music folder -> itunes music -> artists -> album's -> tracks of said artists/album. all of my files are mp3's and usually decent quality, and i've never had any problems playing my tracks in another player. it'll show the folder list for about a second. then crashs out. *shrugs* i tried to access another music folder that was on a different network share. and it only has around 1000 songs on it. and it crashs when i try to scroll down the list. so i really have no idea whats going on.
maybe its a mac issue? thou it has no trouble with my video shares (tvshows/anime/movies and their probably over 1000 individual files there)

vasili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
version 1.0.2 is out but it has some issues, at least for me. Stoped recognizing USB flash drive and I can't enter the menus under Navi Xtreme, on Online Media. Another thing. Since the update, made directly on the wii, i can't go back to the channels menu by pressing the home button, anymore. When i do that i get a black screen, even with the version 1.0.1, that was working just fine.

Anyone with the same problems?

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EnigmaXtreme said:
when im browsing my smb's it refreshes over and over

That's been fixed for 1.0.3. That means you have a WBFS-only drive plugged in and WiiMC is trying to mount it, over and over. Every 2 seconds.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after fixing the lang,
freezing stoped on a lot of files. the only file it wont play is my cleveland show, but i belive it has to do with the hi def (1080p 0r some crap il find new ones that work).

couple of issues,
i have 2 drives one of games one for media,the problem is it still uses the port for my game hard drive and not the other.i ame useing 202v4(triiforce) could this be the problem?

the only thing i realy see this needing is a video playlist that feature would make this app alot better.

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
SMB video play is more stable but have always some crash...
This version is better, continue the hard work, thanks Tantric !

Some request :

-Need also folder play (or playlist) for videos (like mplayerce).
-Zoom option to enhanced 4:3 video to 16/9
-Timer to shutdown the Wii at the end of the movie or after some hours
-Show covers if a image file is availlable with the same name of the movie

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
awesome work!! didn't even know it had autoupdate , what a great app , thanx guys!

couple of freezes about half way through a movie , had to unplug the wii .. their is a wbfs drive plugged in so that may have something to do with it i dunno.

thanx again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also