Hacking WiiFlow

overlay_watch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mat03111984 said:
Works fine for me. pal wii pal game. all i had to do was put 002 fix. all working great

I still cant get this bastard working in either CFG or WiiFlow. I erased the hdd rip made by WiiFlow and re-ripped it using CFG. Booted the game up again with the Error #002 Fix enabled in both and it still wont work.

This time it just freezes during the developer’s logo at the introduction, specifically as the skull’s teeth come into view.

I don’t understand why it’s working for others and not me. I’ve ripped the game twice, I own a PAL Wii and the game is PAL. The disk works fine and dandy as I’ve nearly completed it just through normal usage. But the bloody thing will not load through either CFG or WiiFlow.

It annoys me that there are no doubt pirates out there enjoying the game through a loader, giving nothing back to the developers, while legitimate buyers like myself cant get it to work.

I’m trying to finger the cause of the problem. Should I try and rip it a third time? Any loader settings I should toy around with? Could it be a problem with my IOS installations?

The only other game I’ve ever had a problem with was Monster Hunter 3, which I easily got working by putting in some very specific settings. Otherwise every single other game I own works perfectly. This is the first one to not load at all.

I should note I’m using the original release of WiiFlow, and not any of the more recent releases.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
overlay_watch said:
..snip...
This is going heavely Off-Topic, since this has nothing to do with the loader, but here are some last Ideas. Try:

-To dump and delete it with the official 1.5 Loader from Wanin
-To use the newest 1.0c Release of WiiFlow
-To use Hermes cIOS (222/223) for this game
-To get another copy from a Friend, and dump it
-To download the game, and put it on the HD via WBFS Manager (legal, since you own the game)

That's all that comes in my mind...I think something is wrong with the Disc or during the Dumping-Process...it can't be the loader...try the underlined ones, these make the most sense. Good luck
smile.gif
!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern, got some time to test out 1.0c today to test for black screens randomly and i got none, i didnt run every single game i own but i tried 40~ish of them and they all played just fine, infact with 1.0c i noticed wiiflow starts faster (I use a forwarder) and games load much quicker, i see the please wait text then normally have 2-3 seconds of black screen before the game loads but now its down to 1 or less, some smaller games are instant almost its great, much faster than any other loader out there now. Thanks for all your hard work! i love this program

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran a good 70 or so games between yesterday and today, and finally got a black screen on one of them. So, the bug still exists...although quite hidden
smile.gif

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overlay_watch said:
It annoys me that there are no doubt pirates out there enjoying the game through a loader, giving nothing back to the developers, while legitimate buyers like myself cant get it to work.

If it's 'legitimacy' you value so much, perhaps you should just stick to using the game the way it was legitimately intended to be used. The box specifically mentions that there's a chance it won't work if you've done unauthorized modifications to your Wii, no?
laugh.gif
Seriously though, on a board undoubtedly full of these so-called pirates, you do yourself no favors around here by putting them down.

QUOTEI should note I’m using the original release of WiiFlow, and not any of the more recent releases.
Why? I'm a big believer in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' motto myself, but WHEN THE AUTHOR of this app has said himself that the earlier versions are broken, it's time to fix it, don't you think?
wacko.gif

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
-To download the game, and put it on the HD via WBFS Manager (legal, since you own the game)
Really?

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he/she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

I can only imagine that Nintendo has a much greater understanding of the law than either you or I do, after having undoubtedly paid for the legal advice necessary to understand it.
wink.gif

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To tell you the truth, I get a lot more black screens with version 1.0C. With 1.0B I didn't seem to get any and also only very rarely with the original 1.0.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
Skizzo said:
Blue-K said:
Really?

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he/she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

I can only imagine that Nintendo has a much greater understanding of the law than either you or I do, after having undoubtedly paid for the legal advice necessary to understand it.
wink.gif

movee to canada
tongue.gif

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Skizzo said:
Blue-K said:
Really?

wink.gif

You already bought the game, there's nothing wrong with downloading the goddamn ISO, and that's what matter. Download the game and stop wasting everyone's else time. Who cares about laws when they don't make sense? Not even one jury. No one will sue you or anything, stop being paranoid.

overlay_watch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
If it's 'legitimacy' you value so much, perhaps you should just stick to using the game the way it was legitimately intended to be used. The box specifically mentions that there's a chance it won't work if you've done unauthorized modifications to your Wii, no?
laugh.gif
Seriously though, on a board undoubtedly full of these so-called pirates, you do yourself no favors around here by putting them down.

Pirates can stick it and I have no care for looking favourable in their eyes. Pirates will happily bitch and whine about the lack of quality games on the Wii without ever giving back to the developers who make quality titles. They're part of the problem. I love gaming and respect the time, money, and talent required to make top quality projects, and I actually care about giving something back.

And I know the methods I’m using are far from legitimate, but I like to use the loader as it keeps disks and cases in mint condition, and in general just makes for an easier and more convenient management of my games.

QUOTEWhy? I'm a big believer in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' motto myself, but WHEN THE AUTHOR of this app has said himself that the earlier versions are broken, it's time to fix it, don't you think?
wacko.gif

From reading the updates it didn't seem like any of the fixes in the latest versions of WiiFlow were relative to the problem I'm facing, and as I said the problem replicates itself in CFG Loader. That's two loaders with the same problem, which usually indicates that the problem is either the rip or some specific settings are missing.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sarkwalvein said:
You already bought the game, there's nothing wrong with downloading the goddamn ISO, and that's what matter. Download the game and stop wasting everyone's else time. Who cares about laws when they don't make sense? Not even one jury. No one will sue you or anything, stop being paranoid.

Nobody's being fucking paranoid, numpty. But there's a big fucking difference between the goddamn laws and morals. And if nobody's going to get sued, maybe we should stop being 'paranoid' about posting links to ROM sites and whatnot around here, eh? Yeah, didn't think so... Oh, and I'm waiting for the USA release to download.
laugh.gif

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Thanks to Oops' test, i now know it crashes in the game's code, which makes it a little difficult to understand.
Here is a new version to test for the week.
Wiiflow 1.0D : http://hibernatus34.free.fr/wiiflow/wiiflow1D.zip
I've used a trick so that the dol of wiiflow takes much less space in memory (1MB saved), i know other loaders have had unexplained (or wrongly explained
wink.gif
) issues related to that. I would have liked to actually understand what's happening but i've got better things to do. Won't be able to spend a minute on it during the week finally.
Please test, i'll release version 1.1 + source code on the end of the week, with or without bugs.
alt.dol is an alternative version that would be interesting to test too if you have time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c