Hacking WiiFlow

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
spayrosam said:
do you mean

Extracted with wad Extract Images from Wiiflow StarNight Channel IOS249-WSNW

That, with the WiiFlow text in the middle - I am not a WAD editor/modifier, so I wouldn't know how to retrieve it... lol

EDIT: I know I said I needed it bigger than that, but that is PERFECT SIZE

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
That, with the WiiFlow text in the middle - I am not a WAD editor/modifier, so I wouldn't know how to retrieve it... lol

Sorry, that I have thrown my time..#
hate2.gif

mthmob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, thx for the best USB loader i've seen. You made my life easier. Just got my very first nintendo wii, last friday. And since i started researching the net on how to run backups, everything wen't rather fast. Allready 5 hours after i bought my nintendo wiii, i've got a USB HDD connected to it, running my first wii backups. When i bought nintendo wii, i was pretty sure i had to modchip it, yet alone waste tons of DVD-Rs on burning games. What a surprise that was
smile.gif

Anyways. I use 4.1e with cIOS38-rev14. With WiiFlow 1.0 i had some black screens with specific games. Punch Out would only start 1 out 5 times. Wario land shake it, would'nt start at all. Besides from that its been random on all other games, rarely.

Just installed 1.0C, so i'm gonna see if it changes anything.

(and sorry if i sound a little newbish.. I'm still only 1 week old in the wii community)

Your work is greatly appreciated
smile.gif
thx

overlay_watch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up Dead Space: Extraction PAL. Copied it to my USB, but it black screens when it tries to load. As far as I'm aware its the only game in my collection that does this via WiiFlow. It cant be a bad rip because I copied the game myself.

Any way to fix this? It black screens in Configurable USB Loader too :/.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
overlay_watch said:
Picked up Dead Space: Extraction PAL. Copied it to my USB, but it black screens when it tries to load. As far as I'm aware its the only game in my collection that does this via WiiFlow. It cant be a bad rip because I copied the game myself.

Any way to fix this? It black screens in Configurable USB Loader too :/.
Then you're doing it wrong. It works fine here. I guess you have an NTSC-Console, right? And this game is PAL...so play around with the Video Patches, because it probably needs to be forced to something. If that won't work, you have a bad copy.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
geedub said:
funny thing is my black screens have gone !

i tested nearly 100 games and only one black screened , so one out of 100 tries is very very stable for me ! 1% black screen here

just to add i did delete the existing cache and also the ini file !
i also deleted ios 249 with ATD and reinstalled 38 rev 14 !

although i still cant get MPT ( 3 ) to work , but hey no great deal to me

superb as always Hibern

and a quick thankyou to Benjay aswell , your channel is excellent with your carbonik theme

just to update , it seems there was a problem with my 222 rev 4 installation , today i deleted 222/223 with ATD and reinstalled using the cios installer in Uloader 3.0C , and MPT loaded 1st time

so i guess anyone having problems it may be worth deleting 222/223/249 with ATD and doing a fresh install ( please note ATD can be a dangerous app if used incorrectly )

ShadyGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think there´s a bug with the "Patch Video Modes" in the WiiFlow 1b and 1c
If i select normal, more or all, the games (SSBB, The Conduit) are starting in 50hz instead in 60hz.

ShadyGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have problems playing NTSC games in 50hz, so my Wii is set to 60hz and everything in WiiFlow too. It worked in the WiiFlowFinal1.0 so i guess its a bug.(?)

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
thats a better explanation thanks

personally i havent ever needed to mess around with video patches / forcing region as my tv copes fine with both ,so i just leave it on default settings

although i must admit i have noticed a slight blur on the wiimote / nunchuck screen when you come to mention it

overlay_watch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Then you're doing it wrong. It works fine here. I guess you have an NTSC-Console, right? And this game is PAL...so play around with the Video Patches, because it probably needs to be forced to something. If that won't work, you have a bad copy.

Nope, PAL Wii and PAL copy of Extraction. I've been playing it off the disk, but I'd like to get the loader working for convenience and all that jazz. I'll try and play around with the video patch modes maybe, if not just try and rip the disk again. This was the first time I've used WiiLoad to install a disk, and it's the first time I've had a problem like this. Maybe I should rip with CFG instead.

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
overlay_watch said:
Blue-K said:

Nope, PAL Wii and PAL copy of Extraction. I've been playing it off the disk, but I'd like to get the loader working for convenience and all that jazz. I'll try and play around with the video patch modes maybe, if not just try and rip the disk again. This was the first time I've used WiiLoad to install a disk, and it's the first time I've had a problem like this. Maybe I should rip with CFG instead.

Works fine for me. pal wii pal game. all i had to do was put 002 fix. all working great

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ShadyGT said:
I think there´s a bug with the "Patch Video Modes" in the WiiFlow 1b and 1c
If i select normal, more or all, the games (SSBB, The Conduit) are starting in 50hz instead in 60hz.
I forgot about that. I changed it after 1.0.
Version 1.0 : forces video mode and applies patch
Version 1.0B : applies patch instead of forcing video mode
So you can try to use the patch if forcing the video mode doesn't work.
So, if you select PAL 50 and no patch, it's a normal "force PAL 50".
If you select PAL 50 and patch, it will patch the game to use PAL 50. The patch should only be used if the other way doesn't work.

I hope to find people who can easily reproduce the bug with version 1.0c.
Please test.

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tested 1C and the black screen seems to be disappeared! I tested for about 50 games and with version 1 i already had expirenced this error a few times. The bug seems to be disappeared or less anoying, well done Hibern!!!

The only thing i don't understand that there is only one DOL file in 1C. On which IOS (222 or 249) is this dol based??
I have 222 and 249 installed and there is no way to determine wat IOS is used as default in this dol!

mthmob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since i changed to 1C i cant reproduce black screens, used to get them constantly with specific games, like Punch out and wario land shake, in wiiflow 1.0. But they run perfectly now, and no random black screens with any other game from time to time.

Very nice
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next