Hacking WiiFlow

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
very nice work , no glitch or bug so far , load game like guitar hero 5 , the background music that switch when you look at another game is very very cool , per game setting is also a good add-on ,

edit: work well with preloader as well

keep it up Hibern you rock HARD !!!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have issues with Version 1.0B as well
frown.gif
games that were working 100% now Black Screen, i tried all different combinations of IOS and settings 222 223 249 different Revs, the games work in all other loaders normal, i redoanloaded 1.0 and all the games work as normal again. Am i doing somthing wrong or is anyone else experiencing this with 1.0B?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern said:
I don't understand why we'd need a forwarder channel for choosing between 222 and 249. Seems completely useless and i suppose it takes a little more time to launch wiiflow.

Actually, after incorporating it into my hybrid channel/forwarder for Configurable USB Loader, it takes no more time to load into the loader than normal....simply passing the command to load specific IOS to the dol. It works out nicely for the channel (since it is meant for situations in which you have no configuration files on the SD or USB) and works equally as well for the forwarder. I guess it just eliminates the need for "special" 222 versions to have to be compiled, and a good option for the incredibly lazy at best
smile.gif

Good job on 1.0B. Glad to see the ehcmodule from Hermes v4 incorporated. I have yet to experience a black screen on any games as I had previously, but of course more testing is needed. Thanks for the update!

Posts merged

QUOTE(Skater4599 @ Sep 24 2009, 11:23 AM) I have issues with Version 1.0B as well
frown.gif
games that were working 100% now Black Screen, i tried all different combinations of IOS and settings 222 223 249 different Revs, the games work in all other loaders normal, i redoanloaded 1.0 and all the games work as normal again. Am i doing somthing wrong or is anyone else experiencing this with 1.0B?

Heh, just got done saying that I did not experience any balck screen issues (yet). These games were working 100% in the 1.0 release? Which games are in question?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games seemed to be random, but i could get MP3: Corruption to black screen everytime, mario kart and i belive punch out!! there may have been more but i switched back after those didnt work for me, and they 100% work again, ive never had an issue with those games until 1.0B

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Narolez said:
@Hibern: What is an "automatic "anti-002-fix" ?

The anti-002-fix is designed for older cIOS less than rev14.
QUOTE(tj_cool @ Sep 24 2009, 05:49 PM) Anti002 fix won't cause problems when you activate it (even when the game doesn't need it)
And Anti will automatically enable the "normal" 002fix
Someone's wrong here...I guess it's you, Narolez
wink.gif
I guess it's me...sorry
shy.gif
. This fix is needed for some new games like Ghostbusters, etc...(a "new" 002-Error, I think), and does also fix the normal 002 (like described above).

Anyways...I've been using this loader now for a few days, and it's realy stable, like promised
smile.gif
. All that I miss is to downoad and activate cheats, like CFG-Loader can...meh, but I can switch between those two...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Narolez said:

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Sep 24 2009, 05:49 PM) Anti002 fix won't cause problems when you activate it (even when the game doesn't need it)
And Anti will automatically enable the "normal" 002fix
Someone's wrong here...I guess it's you, Narolez
wink.gif

Narolez is absolutely correct. Anti-002 is a method of stopping the internal 002 fixing (which was bugged) on older cIOSes so that the loader can use it's own 002 fix method. Rev14 does not have an internal 002 fix method, so enabling "anti" is not doing anything at all.

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Skater4599 said:
frown.gif

Thanks a lot for this quick report. This is what's annoying with this bug, it's volatile, so whenever i touch the code it moves, you get it and someone else doesn't have it anymore. I've tried as many games as i could and couldn't get that bug. I don't have enough free time these days to fix it, i think i'll be able to fix it next week.

zektor said:
Good job on 1.0B. Glad to see the ehcmodule from Hermes v4 incorporated. I have yet to experience a black screen on any games as I had previously, but of course more testing is needed. Thanks for the update!
Skater4599 said:
frown.gif
Heh, just got done saying that I did not experience any balck screen issues (yet). These games were working 100% in the 1.0 release? Which games are in question?

It doesn't matter what game gets a black screen, the bug isn't related to it. It's puzzling, because nobody's found any bug in wiiflow itself or in games (excepting bad ehcmodule), yet there is that very random bug that can prevent any game from starting.
Wiiflow 1.0 had an ehcmodule designed for rev4 but it was the buggy one from uloader 3.0A, which i found in the source of 3.0B.

QUOTE(Narolez @ Sep 24 2009, 08:25 PM)

It's the patch without the parameter, if you have an old ios 249 and ask for error 002 fix, wiiflow applies the "anti-fix".
This option should be useless, people should update their cios, so it wasn't worth adding an option.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
funny thing is my black screens have gone !

i tested nearly 100 games and only one black screened , so one out of 100 tries is very very stable for me ! 1% black screen here

just to add i did delete the existing cache and also the ini file !
i also deleted ios 249 with ATD and reinstalled 38 rev 14 !

although i still cant get MPT ( 3 ) to work , but hey no great deal to me

superb as always Hibern

and a quick thankyou to Benjay aswell , your channel is excellent with your carbonik theme

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
this loader is sick! loving the bg music add on
Me too. And hopefully, since Hibern isn't taking feature requests, a future developer can add the option to display song information and fade in/out the music when WiiFlow plays the banner audio.
smile.gif

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've just made the cleaner build of wiiflow.
Wiiflow 1.0C : http://hibernatus34.free.fr/wiiflow/wiiflow1C.zip
Changes : none, except it's cleaner. I was still using a wrong lib and wrong headers.
I've updated wiiflow1B.zip and uploaded wiiflow1C.zip, they both contain the same version in fact.
I'd like you to test this version until i get around to having another look at the code.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
@Spayrosam (or whoever made the HBC logo for WiiFlow):

Is there any chance that I could have a higher quality version of the logo?? I tried vectorizing it, but it turned into a big blue blob (you cant even read "WiiFlow" on it)
Preferably around 600PX wide (450 at the least) - 800PX will be even better. (I am working on a surprise for Hibern - and I need a higher quality version of the logo to complete it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?