kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
me, djbubba20 and FluffyEmu are currently manning a WiiFlow support channel on EFnet

come to #WiiFlow on EFnet for help, chat and ideas suggestion

we hope to see this channel go from strength to strength

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fluffykiwi said:
Hibern said:
fluffykiwi said:
Hmm had a lot of problems using WiiFlow since I reformated my drive to add a fat32 partition and use that for covers. Everything seemed to be working, but suddenly for the first time began to get those black screens people reported when launching games. a lot of games also seemed to stop playing their music on the game launch screen.
It is a bug in wbfs manager, happened to me too. Try these games in another loader, should hang too. I don't know much about that, but maybe it would work better if you "untrim" the game using. wiiscrubber (i don't even know if that's possible)

Thanks for putting my mind at rest. I was thinking it was wbfs mananger, but now I know for sure, I'll now see if it can be fixed as re-ripping all those games will be time consuming. I had figured out it was not WiiFlow specific as the images wouldnt work on other loaders as you said.

WARNING TO OTHERS. WBFS Manager may mess with your ripped ISOs,when moving from drive to drive.

I was thinking it may have simply been something I messed with. On the night I did this I wasnt in a good state of mind and messed up a few other things in my system. I forgot my usual idea of if it isnt broken dont fix it. Now waiting to get my hands on the television to rectify the self induced errors.

Oh and I'll try to find another method of taking games off and on drives.

Hmm this is interseting, i was planning to create a partition FAT32 on my HDD to use with this and emulators and such, i have like 60 games on my HDD now i was planning to pull them off to my PC, reformat my HDD to 2 partitions and copy the ISO's to my HDD again. But it looks like i'd ruin my ISO's and i dont want/cant rip all my iso's i have again. Or am i missing somthing is there an easier way to do this?

C

CasperH

WiiFlow is saving covers to the HDD but me don't want that.
tongue.gif

How can I configure WiiFlow to save everything on the SD?

C

CasperH

EtherealX said:
CasperH said:
WiiFlow is saving covers to the HDD but me don't want that.
tongue.gif

How can I configure WiiFlow to save everything on the SD?

Did you read the README file?
Maybe...
rolleyes.gif

Sorry lol, will read it now
tongue.gif

EDIT: found, sorry for being ignorant
smile.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
QUOTE said:
WARNING TO OTHERS. WBFS Manager may mess with your ripped ISOs,when moving from drive to drive.

Hmm this is interseting, i was planning to create a partition FAT32 on my HDD to use with this and emulators and such, i have like 60 games on my HDD now i was planning to pull them off to my PC, reformat my HDD to 2 partitions and copy the ISO's to my HDD again. But it looks like i'd ruin my ISO's and i dont want/cant rip all my iso's i have again. Or am i missing somthing is there an easier way to do this?

All I can say is do not do that until someone posts a safe way. Now found this is reported as a low priority minor bug at codeplex for wbfs manager. Hmm the program can render aa whole drive of games pretty much useless...minor.

Still not really the place to discuss this as this is not a fault with WiiFlow

Just warning users wanting to use Wiiflows USB cover support not to make the same mistake. Currently arranging to rerip 125ish games. Oh and I have folder full of pretty useless ISOs, although hoping they can be recovered.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fluffykiwi said:
Skater4599 said:
QUOTE said:

All I can say is do not do that until someone posts a safe way. Now found this is reported as a low priority minor bug at codeplex for wbfs manager. Hmm the program can render aa whole drive of games pretty much useless...minor.

Just warning users wanting to use Wiiflows USB cover support not to make the same mistake. Currently arranging to rerip 125ish games. Oh and I have folder full of pretty useless ISOs, although hoping they can be recovered.

Ya im aware this is not wiiflows fault i was just hoping to get some input from some users who did have this working, im sure there are some. But either way i actually did this already then read your post so i was worried, but i just tested all my games (about 64 of them) and they ALL work perfectly sound and all, i got lucky! i dodged a bullet there lol

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would highly recommend WBFS Intelligent GUI or the more recent release of ncWBFSTool for manipulating your games. I had similar issues with WBFS Manager in the past, moved on and never looked back (and never had an issue again).

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
I would highly recommend WBFS Intelligent GUI or the more recent release of ncWBFSTool for manipulating your games. I had similar issues with WBFS Manager in the past, moved on and never looked back (and never had an issue again).
I use WBFS Manager 3.0.1 on a PC with XP sp3, and I've had a great experience. So far, I've set up three drives, all 500gb Seagate Freeagent Go, and everything went great. One thing I never did was "clone drive." I always used the "add ISO to drive" function, and only did around 20 isos at a time. This was mostly because I didn't want to run my computer for 24 hours at a time (236 games takes a while), but I have tested my results, and they are positive. I simply don't trust any other WBFS program, and can't afford to botch a drive that took countless hours to compile. I realize that results may vary, so I can only recommend that members use what works for them. I love WBFS manager, and will continue to use it.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
zektor said:
I use WBFS Manager 3.0.1 on a PC with XP sp3, and I've had a great experience. So far, I've set up three drives, all 500gb Seagate Freeagent Go, and everything went great. One thing I never did was "clone drive." I always used the "add ISO to drive" function, and only did around 20 isos at a time. This was mostly because I didn't want to run my computer for 24 hours at a time (236 games takes a while), but I have tested my results, and they are positive. I simply don't trust any other WBFS program, and can't afford to botch a drive that took countless hours to compile. I realize that results may vary, so I can only recommend that members use what works for them. I love WBFS manager, and will continue to use it.

Don't get me wrong. I think it is a great tool as well, but it does appear to be "quirky" here and there. I have had success with it, but then again there were a few times where to transfer appeared to be fine but the game was corrupt. Those few times were pretty much enough for me to consider it somewhat unreliable so I moved on.

WBFS Intelligent GUI is simply a GUI for the Wii Backup File System(WBFS) by Kwiirk. Can't get much better than using the tool from the man himself
smile.gif
It also integrates Hermes modifications amongst which allow the ability to extract your games to .ciso for archiving purposes....which I love.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
WBFS Intelligent GUI is simply a GUI for the Wii Backup File System(WBFS) by Kwiirk. Can't get much better than using the tool from the man himself
smile.gif
It also integrates Hermes modifications amongst which allow the ability to extract your games to .ciso for archiving purposes....which I love.

I haven't used WBFS Intelligent GUI in quite some time.. gave up with all the errors with drive cloning. Did that ever get fixed? The thread for it seems rather misleading in responses.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiNG said:
zektor said:
smile.gif

I haven't used WBFS Intelligent GUI in quite some time.. gave up with all the errors with drive cloning. Did that ever get fixed? The thread for it seems rather misleading in responses.

I never had an issue...using v6. I've clones quite a few drives
smile.gif

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think your ISO files are bad. You get the same result if you trim an ISO with wiiscrubber before adding it to the wbfs partition.
Try to add them with another tool.

fluffykiwi said:

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
fluffykiwi said:
Hibern said:
fluffykiwi said:
Hmm had a lot of problems using WiiFlow since I reformated my drive to add a fat32 partition and use that for covers. Everything seemed to be working, but suddenly for the first time began to get those black screens people reported when launching games. a lot of games also seemed to stop playing their music on the game launch screen.
It is a bug in wbfs manager, happened to me too. Try these games in another loader, should hang too. I don't know much about that, but maybe it would work better if you "untrim" the game using. wiiscrubber (i don't even know if that's possible)

Thanks for putting my mind at rest. I was thinking it was wbfs mananger, but now I know for sure, I'll now see if it can be fixed as re-ripping all those games will be time consuming. I had figured out it was not WiiFlow specific as the images wouldnt work on other loaders as you said.

I was thinking it may have simply been something I messed with. On the night I did this I wasnt in a good state of mind and messed up a few other things in my system. I forgot my usual idea of if it isnt broken dont fix it. Now waiting to get my hands on the television to rectify the self induced errors.

Oh and I'll try to find another method of taking games off and on drives.
What about one of the other WBFS programs that are out?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using WBFS Manager 3.0.1 for quite some time. Have transferred ALL isos to and from my PC several times over and have not had one single issue with any games (currently 65). I have also transferred many scrubbed isos and once again, I have yet to encounter a single error.

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Hibern.

Is it possible for you to ad an funktion in Wiiflow (next release) to download and see all the Themes?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
I've been using WBFS Manager 3.0.1 for quite some time. Have transferred ALL isos to and from my PC several times over and have not had one single issue with any games (currently 65). I have also transferred many scrubbed isos and once again, I have yet to encounter a single error.

i agree, ive also transfered games for pc to WBFS and vise vera but the problem only seems to be "WBFS to WBFS" not "PC to WBFS - WBFS to PC"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: