blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes

your media must be FAT32 and use wii backup manager to manage your games
Of course, but Wii Backup Manager converts the file into wbfs. I want it to stay in the untrimmed iso format, for a specific mod. The alternative would be to format my disc to ntfs, but I would rather use a split iso if this is possible.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Seems USB Loader GX will fix the "Kirby in SD" issue in the coming release. Is it possible to put that fix into WiiFlow Lite ?

Dubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully a basic question ...

I'm currently playing all my Neo Geo games through a stand alone .dol of RetroArch 1.7.5 with "FB Alpha 2012 Neo Geo v0.2.97.29"

All games seem to run perfect but I get frustrated with navigating the menu and having to choose the core every time.

I was hoping to try running this through WiiFlow, adding box art and possibly have it return to WiiFlow after exiting each game.

I'm relatively new to WiiFlow and using plug-ins / bios ... how can i go about doing this?

I have downloaded WiiFlow Lite but cannot figure out how to really get started. Unsure how to find and select my specific plug-in. Is the bios/plug-in for my current set-up the .dol itself?

Any help is greatly appreciated

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
At home some of us play Japanese versions of the games, some play European versions, both for Wii and GC games. Having the two versions of a game listed together is not nice, since we have that for plenty titles and the list then ends up being a whole bunch of seemingly dupes, when the person browsing is not at all interested in the ones from one of the two regions.

How would you set up WiiFlow Lite and the storage (I'm using an SD Card) to be able to switch between two sets of game lists, for Wii and GC?

Last edited by comokepa,

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I need help setting this on wii, installed homebrew , cios using d2x, wiiflow , loading games from sd, nothing is working, i must go to each game separately and force it to use cios 250, i went to settings page 2 : startup settings > force load cios on , force cios revision 250.
it is not working globaly. HELP

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks very much, here is my log from SysCheck :

Code:
http://syscheck.rc24.xyz/view.php?id=xJATAVrr
249 is installed correctly. If you are having hdd compatibility issues with 249 but not 250, perhaps just install what you have currently in slot 250 to slot 249 (i.e. base 57 to slot 249), this will mean you don't need to switch everything from 249 to 250

alternatively I think there's a global setting you can change that will apply to all, default is Auto on the latest GX, but you can set this to 249 or 250 or whatever

Reactions: MO35AB

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
installed base 57 to slot 249, It is not working :(
I have another wii, everything went perfect, for this one, i still have to set each game to its own compatible cios
used the csv generated by syscheck on modmii installer, got a list of cios as wad to install, done, still same issue.
I must use sd card only, no usb, so wiiflow is the answer here.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak @MO35AB the new 'auto' cios/ios feature doesn't seem to be working as well as the one in usblgx. i've had several users say that have to select a cios number and not use auto. unfortunately i don't have the time anymore to find the problem and fix it or simply revert that commit. it might be caused by people having hermes cios installed or maybe by d2x v11 but i'm just throwing guesses out there.

razor9119

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@XFlak @MO35AB the new 'auto' cios/ios feature doesn't seem to be working as well as the one in usblgx. i've had several users say that have to select a cios number and not use auto. unfortunately i don't have the time anymore to find the problem and fix it or simply revert that commit. it might be caused by people having hermes cios installed or maybe by d2x v11 but i'm just throwing guesses out there.
Wiiflow literally doesn't work for me for any game at all while usb loader gx works perfectly. I installed homebrew using modmii with usbloadergx option. Yesterday wanted to try wiiflow, but doesn't work at all. UI and features are amazing, but unfortunately doesn't load games. Tried Kirby's epic yarn with auto, 251, 250, 249 none worked. I don't know what is wrong.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've had several users say that have to select a cios number and not use auto...it might be caused by people having hermes cios installed or maybe by d2x v11 but i'm just throwing guesses out there.

I don't think d2x v11 is causing the issue, reverting back to d2x v8 for 249, 250, 251 and testing, the issue still exists.

All games i have tested successfully boot and play normal when using HDD, testing both d2x v8 and d2x v11.1 with 249[56], 250[57], 251[58].

I do have Hermes installed in 202, 222, 223, 224 on all 3 Wii's so not counting out that possibility. Select cios is required on all 3 Wii's but works perfect with Auto cios using WiiU vWii.

Edit:
I may have found the WFL Wii cios issue after some testing......
Removing/UnInstalling cIOS 248 [38] fixes the issue of forcing cios (at least for MKW and HOTD Overkill) which required 249 [56] forced cios.

Again, on my side, everything worked as expected through USB using Auto cios. Using SD only, many games needed forced cIOS using the "Wii". This issue does/did not exist using vWii ever, i stress only using Wii does this occur.

I will test further to confirm if this has fixed WiiWare issues also.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Sounds like the auto setting likes base 38 for those games, and as that base isn't currently available for vWii cios it makes sense there would be no issues there but only on the wii side

Base 38 may still be a good thing to have for specific cases, like usb keyboard support on animal crossing for example. So it would be better to fix the auto setting, if that is indeed the confirmed issue, rather than uninstalling 248 base 38

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
249 [56] forced...
HOTD Overkill = Fixed
Mario Kart Wii = Fixed
Mario Kart Wii Deluxe = Fixed
Kororinpa Marble Mania = Fixed
Kororinpa Marble Saga = Fixed
LOZ Twilight Princess = Fixed
NSMBW = Fixed
Newer SMBW 1.30 = Fixed
Resident Evil 4 = Fixed
Super Mario Galaxy = Fixed
Super Paper Mario = Fixed
Super Smash Bros Brawl = Fixed
Tatsunoko vs Capcom = Fixed
WarioLand Shake It = Fixed
WarioWare Smooth Moves = Fixed
Wii Sports = Fixed

250 [57] forced...
Metroid Prime Trilogy = Fixed

Every Wii game tested has been fixed uninstalling 248 [38], WiiWare results i hope will be golden also.
Post automatically merged:

Yes WiiWare is back to normal as well, testing only first 6 games, all are functioning correctly using Auto cios...

Alien Crush Returns
And Yet It Moves
Art Style Cubello
Bit Trip Runner
Blaster Master OD
Bomberman Blast

What a relief this is an easy workaround until a proper fix is applied hopefully.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...