Homebrew Wii64 won't save anything

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, I've been having this problem for a long time now and it's the only thing that keeps me from using my Wii to play N64 games.

Basically, I can't save anything on Wii64. Controller settings, settings.cfg, nothing saves. They say they do, but they don't. And everytime I press 1+2 to go back to the menu, it says "Failed to save".

I honestly don't know what could be that problem and I've seen other people with this problem too, like my friend.

I'm using version 1.1.1 with the USB mod to load roms from USB.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First of all, do yourself a favor and use Not64 (it's an improved Wii64 fork).
http://files.extremscorner.org/wii/apps/mupen64/latest
Second, have you set up a save device (SD or USB) from the options of Wii64?
Third, in your SD card or USB have you set up a /not64/saves folder? That's where the savegames will be read from/written to.

Finally, some games that have the : character in their name do not save. Remove the : when running thm with Not64.

P.S. Oh and one more thing: if you save on an SD card, make sure it is not write protected (i.e. the lock switch of the SD card is not enabled)

Last edited by nakata6790,

Pacheko17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Third, in your SD card or USB have you set up a /not64/saves folder? That's where the savegames will be read from/written to.

Finally, some games that have the : character in their name do not save. Remove the : when running thm with Not64.

P.S. Oh and one more thing: if you save on an SD card, make sure it is not write protected (i.e. the lock switch of the SD card is not enabled)

I'll try out Not64 now and tell you if it works later.

And that thing with the : is weird, lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not64 doesn't work either. Same problem as Wii64.

Doesn't have my button configs, neither does the game SRAM nor save-states. I do have a /not64/saves folder, and there are saves there, but they don't load at all, and not64 doesn't remember that I choose to load them from there.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well i can only see an issue on your end, either an IOS one or with your SD/USB.
Can you save/load in other Wii emus?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Then it must be an IOS issue. Does the issue persist if you boot Not64 via the Homebrew channel as well?
Just for test, try to have everything (the /app/not64 and the roms and /not64 folder on one device, either SD or USB) and load the app from the HBC.

Pacheko17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then it must be an IOS issue. Does the issue persist if you boot Not64 via the Homebrew channel as well?
Just for test, try to have everything (the /app/not64 and the roms and /not64 folder on one device, either SD or USB) and load the app from the HBC.

I only boot stuff from the Homebrew Channel. And still giving me the errors. It's probably because my Wii doesn't like emulators with that menu...

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I've been having this problem for a long time now and it's the only thing that keeps me from using my Wii to play N64 games.

Basically, I can't save anything on Wii64. Controller settings, settings.cfg, nothing saves. They say they do, but they don't. And everytime I press 1+2 to go back to the menu, it says "Failed to save".

I honestly don't know what could be that problem and I've seen other people with this problem too, like my friend.

I'm using version 1.1.1 with the USB mod to load roms from USB.

you need to set your saves location in the settings to your sdcard,or wherever you want your saves to be.

thatG

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This thread is kind of old, but I just had the same issue and I fixed it. The problem was that I was actually using the not64 plugin instead of the wii64 plugin. So you have to create a not64/saves folder in the root of your sd/usb. Voila.

But I have to say 64 emulation on the wii is very bad.

Last edited by thatG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: