Hacking Wii won't boot straight to SysMenu anymore [possibly bricked]

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, make another nand backup of my bricked Wii (that doesn't make sense but whatever), after that install the IOS236 v5 thingy. After that install the wads, then after that install priiloader. ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I must mention that the ModMii installer downloaded the following:

• A crap ton of IOSes, including normal ones and custom ones
  • System Menu 4.3U
  • Mii Channel
  • Photo Channel
  • Wii Shop Channel
  • News Channel
  • Weather Channel
  • IOS236 v5 Installer
  • HackMii Installer (I don't need it because I already have BootMii and Homebrew Channel)
  • Priiloader installer (I will use this one because it seems like it is a newer, customized, version)
  • Mmm (Not sure what this is, I suppose it is the WAD installer)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That's not even close to what I said (but would probably work too because ModMii has got brains built into it). Try re-reading my advice.

You have a partially bricked wii. With even just your keys.bin (assuming it's not currupted) fully bricked wii's can be repaired with the right hardware and skills (even on wii's without bootmii installed as boot2). That's why I suggested making another nand backup so worse comes to worst you still have options.

You will need to the hackmii installer again at some point, you homebrew channel will need to be reinstalled after you install IOS58 so that the HBC will use that IOS instead.

Last edited by XFlak,

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Why all wii cannot have bootmii in boot2 ?
Because the HackMii installer uses a bug in boot1 that allows unofficial programs (a.k.a BootMii) to install into boot2

But Nintendo fixed this issue in mid-2008 Wii's, so the HackMii cannot install BootMii into boot2 anymore, only on IOS

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I wanna know, the nand can't be restored via priiloader/bootmii with certain type of brick, there is a way to restore a nand backup via hardmod on wii ?
I'm pretty sure the NAND can be restored in almost all cases scenarios. If System Menu is damaged, but have BootMii as boot2, or Priiloader WITH BootMii as IOS. You can probably restore it

I think only BootMii as boot2 can restore NAND's

But if you bricked your Wii, and don't have BootMii or Priiloader. You are screwed.

Also I'm not sure about this, but I think you can save hard-bricked (unrecoverable) Wii by manually desoldering the NAND chip and putting in one of another console. I'm not sure if this works, but it is not worth it trying because it is a really complex procedure.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You guys totally hijacked this thread, lol.

So you can restore a nand backup with any version of bootmii (ios or boot2), but there's a risk of power loss causing brick when bootmii installed as IOS.

If u have a fully bricked wii on a new wii that cannot install bootmii as boot2, u can recover eith hardware as long as u have keys.bin, but it makes it a ton easier if u also have a nand backup. This can be done by nand swapping with another working wii (@DeadlyFoez actually built a clip onto his development wii so he can swap nands without soldering which is a pretty cool but custom solution). But the more common method is to use an infectus modchip.

If you have an old wii capable of installing bootmii as boot2, u can actually recover even if you have nothing. No bootmii, no nand backup, no nothing, but again requires hardware and skills.

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There, fixed.

Wux9KMV.jpg

wogwBhQ.jpg

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I would like to run games off USB, but I'm pretty sure it's very annoying to set-up. I have some ISO's laying around. Can it read CISO files though?

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok so I copied a New Super Mario Bros ISO I had laying around in my laptop to the USB using the Wii Backup Tool thingy, then I launched it on the Wii and it worked.

Right now I am ripping Mario Kart Wii because Nintendo had the great idea to use a disk reader that isn't designed for dual layer discs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok not just