Wii VC Injector Shows "???" on Wii U

nitorinitori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've made a several backup using my Wii, when I use TeconMoon WiiVC Injector, some of them works and some of them had errors.

It couldn't download boot image and shows "Fail to download images from GameTDB" error. So I just proceed to Generate image from title, and then Build it.

Back on Wii U, I get "???" and it says the game is damaged.

I've already validate the dump are good according to Dolphin, and it always happen to games that unable to download image from GameTDB.

Games that I tested are
Tales of Graces (J) (Wii) [STGJAF]
Harvest Moon Wonderful Life for Girls (J) (GC) [G4GJ99]

And I'm using Japanese Wii U with Tiramisu mod on.

Is it because the VC Injector doesn't work with some Japanese games ?

Is there anyway to fix this ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ??? can occur if the images, such as the icon or tv/drc images, do not have the correct settings. it's possible it happened from using the game to generate the images.

Reactions: nitorinitori

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, but that's what that generally means. one of the images is likely corrupted. the game will not boot if they are, unlike say the ps3, which could have no image, and would still work iirc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOAH Thanks guys !!

I tested Tales of Grace now it works perfectly with the gamepad !
btw, you can fix games that have those ??? by going into usb or mlc usr/title/high id/low id/meta. all those images, btsnd (boot sound), and meta.xml (contains the name displayed on the home menu in multiple languages) are in that folder, so you can swap them out to fix it if you've already installed the app.

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would you mind to share the settings to make this game playable? I've always gotten a

Would you mind to share the settings to make this game playable? I've always gotten a black screen
I discovered that if some Japanese games are injected into the American Wiiu the screen goes black and the game does not work, but if you change the region of the Vwii, dumping its setting.txt via ftp and using settingEdit, and changing the language to JP and the region to JPN, save and replace these files there on the vwii's nand, the games that stay on a black screen, it will work however, you won't be able to play some injected American games, in short it's better not to do that, and wait for someone to read what I said, and that you can create an aroma plugin that makes injects or games on the Wii disk become region free when using them, that would solve the problem because if you had something that emulated this setting.txt so that it stays the way each game was run, this would be resolved and every Wii inject region would work on any Wii U.

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would you mind to share the settings to make this game playable? I've always gotten a black screen
Hey friend, being able to find a definitive solution will help you install games from any Wii region injected into the Wii, Tales of Graces worked for me
Here's the thing, download UWUVCI 3 Z from this link: https://github.com/stuff-by-3-random-dudes/UWUVCI-AIO-WPF/releases

install it when opening it will download the tools after that go to the wii icon then you will choose the base "RHYTHM HEAVEN US" download it next to you you will see "VIDEO PATCH" clicking on it you will have two more options "REGION PATCH" and "EXTRAS " you will do the following for tales of graces to work on your console USA/EUR:

VIDEO PATCH = NONE

REGION PATCH = TO JPN (I always left it in the region of the game that wants to run, that's the secret)

EXTRAS = JP PATCH

and then you go to:

USE GAMEPAD AS = CLASSIC CONTROLLER (to play this game via gamepad)

Now just inject the game, if you prefer, the cover and icons in the game are up to your taste and when you open the game for the first time and the image doesn't appear, just press A until you hear the game noise, restart the console and open the game Again, everything goes fine (I'm reporting this because that's what happened when I installed it using the nusplii installer, which installs faster, here's a tip).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo