Gaming ***WII Update 3.0U/E/J - FAQ***

bleh124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
a quote from me from other topic just to make things clear that this update doesn't harm your wii in any way!

setup:
PAL Wii version 3.0E Wiikey

bleh1234 said:
I have tested all possible options last night with my Wii and haven't got any problems besides the ones i already had!!

I checked all things, shop channel, internet channel, mii channel, games original and backup's, photo channel, downloaded games, downloaded new ones, rebooted Wii, removed from power and started it again this morning added and removed some settings mostly wifi.
What i wanna say is that i tested the complete set of options that the Wii has and i haven't found any problem that could be related to this update!

I also heard the 3.0 Update makes it possible to use an USB keyboard with Opera..

Frontpage
wink.gif

gbatemp.net
The update also adds USB keyboard support, however keyboards do not work with the Internet Channel which kind of defeats the purpose.

evilmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated the Wii (NTSC - US) to version 3.0U with a WiiKey installed (or I think it is an original WiiKey, possible is a clone of the Wiikey). I did't get any message about "Technical modified" unit. The update went normally and the backup discs works ok. The one thing that doesn't work is the WiiKey 1.2 DVD, the Wii don't recognize it anymore. The rest works ok with Gamecube and Wii backups.

Good Luck.

bleh124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
i have a cyclowiz v1 and wondering if the update is safe is it for v1?

Again frontpage!
If version 3.0 and 3.5 works why shouldn't v1 work?
NO chip on this planet is harmed by the update, until i have seen proof!

QUOTE1. Confirmed working
Chips working:
WIIkey Pal/NTSC
WIInja V1,V2, Deluxe
WiiFree 2.45
Cyclowiz 3.0 3.5
YAOSM 1.7
CHiip 0.91 Edit:(5 working 1 not working)
OpenWii 2.2 - 4 working and 1 guy claims 2.2b doesnt work, more infos at openwii.org
Someone confirmed 2.2b but with removing the chip before the update
Edit: WiiD NTSC and PAL working!
Edit: WIIMod works!!

To Sum up: Currently no Problems with the Update, there are some story of "bricks" but most are not proven, so it's pretty save to update. If you are doubfull, wait a week, to see how it turns out!

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I think it's pretty cool of nintendo saying nothing worse than "hey guyz, if you chipped your wii, don't update or you will brick it" on the update. Let's hope it doesn't include forced updates in their games, tho.

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has there been any word yet if anyone has gotten banned from playing online? I'm afraid of updating, not because I can brick my wii, but from being banned like Microsoft did right after their spring update.
Virtual Console is pretty important to me, and I'd hate to miss out on some of Nintendo upcoming online games.

FoxMcClaud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Eeeh...I get a bit of a Deja Vu feeling when I look at the posts in this thread. Didn't most of the things that are being said in here also was said yesterday in the other Big topic?

This is wasting my time...

This thread was only to filter out the infos of the other thread, so not everyone has to crawl through 30 pages and ask the same questions all over again!

Yes, this is all the infos of the other thread but compiled in 1 Post (the first one
wink.gif
) Unfortunatly the same questions are asked and the same discussions come up all over again. I Have Compiled the other thread, and all Infos you need to know are on the first post, which i updated like 100 times the last two days!!

Cheers!

mike10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You might want to add something about how some people are having problems with the Newschannel and some of the ways that they have got it working again

fredbileu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a wiikey and since the update backups that I had recorded in TDK DVD+R discs at 4x that worked before stopped working becoming unrecognizable. They did worked before quite well. Did anybody else noticed a difference in the recordable media compatibility?

I hope this is the right thread since i didnt know if i should write here or on the other thread that it's being summarized in this one. :S

EDIT: Oh it was TDK discs with lightscribe. I dont think it does much of a difference but thought i should say.

Aricado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi I'm the one confirmed OpenWii 2.2 with chip removal and installation when 3.0E update is done.It works perfectly I say once again and I also tried all the internet things(shop channel,opera browser,weather,news and blah blah) and they all work like before and much better with the new update"faster loading".Also I played mario strikers online for some time('till I got owned and lose all the time) and there is no change from before.Maybe it's a scare tactic from some users that say they have bricked their wii with OpenWii and Chiip or that the games don't load.But to remain safe removal before update doesn't harm anyone,it's just some more time(better safe than sorry).Also I hope some more OpenWii users confirm update with chip still installed just to rub off the bricking rumor.

fredbileu

Trophies
XP
Country
Well in my case its not a scare tactic.. I used to record my backups in mmore dvdr- that I have and they still work in that media... But I already burnt the backups to the tdk lightscribe media and wanted to know if it was only me...
Maybe its like ziddey said... perhaps the dvd is more more sensitive.

pannet

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Simple solution that worked for me twice:

1 change country from your country to another eg Canada to US, or from Germany to UK
2. goto wiiconnect24 settings and accept agreement
3. goto news channel and you probably still can't download
4. change country back
5. accept wiiconnect24 agreement
6. poweroff wii by holding power button and then power it back on
7. goto everybody vote, it will ask you to set region. set region
8. goto news channel and it works.

Worked for me. In my ccase, problem had nothing to do with modchips being there or not, but with removing the battery. (So this is perhaps off topic, but from experience I know how frustrating this issue can be).

Good luck!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just saw that the American Wiis got a new channel! And it's a Metroid Prime 3 preview channel!!!!!!!! W00000t!!!
tongue.gif
Why don't we get this in Europe?
frown.gif

I can't wait for this channel to arrive in Europe and even more important: I can't wait for more demos, especially playable ones!

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-U w/ Wiikey. Updated to 3.0U. Disc types I had for backups were FujiFilm DVD-R recorded at 4X using imgburn, then TDK DVD-R burned at 8X using Nero.

The ones burned at 4X are giving me problems, but they were giving me problems beforehand because of the speed and app used to burn. But now more often than not.

The ones recorded on Nero at 8X are working fine.

Online is fine for Mario Strikers.

Channels are fine.

Hope that helps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What's his name? The coworker