Wii U Won't Boot to Main Menu

Whitewater123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii U suddenly won't boot to the main menu. When I turn the console on, I get no response from the gamepad nor any output from the HDMI or AV, but the power LED indicator turns blue like normal. To turn it off, I have to hold down the power button, tapping it gives no response. Turning on the gamepad makes the console turn on, but otherwise the results are the same. If I select any application from the gamepad's quickstart menu, it sits on the Nintendo logo for a little while and then displays the "Could not connect to the Wii U console" message.
I've tried calling Nintendo support, who suggested unplugging the power supply from both ends. I also tried replacing the battery that helps the internal clock keep time and I even tried booting the system with the gamepad in a separate room out of range, none of these tricks produced any different results.

I do run mods on my Wii U, but I don't have any homebrew boot launchers installed; I always boot my Wii U into CFW by navigating to wiiuexploit.xyz on its web browser. Thus, it seems weird that any mods could be causing it to fail to boot, but just in case I decided to try booting it with no sd card inserted and with an empty sd card. No difference.

Can someone help me determine whether this is a mod problem or a hardware failure, and perhaps offer a possible fix? Here are some screenshots of my sd root and the wiiu>apps folder in case they reveal any potential culprits:
1676688623745.png
1676688523953.png

Attachments

• 1676688541585.png
    1676688541585.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 1676688614914.png
    1676688614914.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: WesMods

Whitewater123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading this thread: "unbricking wii u black screen of death" by tiger1234
I think this is the problem I'm having. The last time I used my Wii U before it bricked, I was trying to update my system but it wouldn't connect to the server properly. I must have shut it down while the update process was underway.

UDPIH doesn't seem to be booting, though. I've tried with both the recovery_menu and recovery_menu_dc_init files. The message on the Switch screen gets to "Stage 2 connecting" but then it just says "Error" after a few minutes.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you hear the Disc Drive initializing?
Do you have a NAND Backup? otp.bin?
Is this a 8GB or 32GB Wii U? When was it bought?

Sombersnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have the exact same problem, it got bricked when I entered miiverse for the first time. Did you find a solution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol