Wii U won't appear on TV screen (No signal) & Gamepad cannot connect to Wii U

TJMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, so the Wii U turns on but there is no signal on the TV (tried multiple HDMI cables) on-top of this the gamepad (whenever I click on the various apps) says it cannot connect to the Wii U.

Disclosure: this was the 1st time turning it on in years (just to play BOTW) I attempted to go into the Nintendo store and at some point it had to do an update. Left it alone for awhile (1.5 hrs give or take) while it was on the Wii U logo screen but I turned off the Wii U believing it was frozen. This is the result of attempting to turn back on.

I appear to be in purgatory, is there any advice or help available? I'm exploring the CEMU route for PC as an option.

Am I bricked? What are my options to repair this brick if any?

NewLoveMachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, first off, did you hack the console? If you did hack it, did you make a NAND back-up?

If you did not hack it, what color is the power buttons light when you turn it on? Is the light blinking or is it steady?

jedi23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I experienced the same today. When I turn the console on, the led turns blue and the fan inside start to run like normal. But no signal will appear on screen and GamePad doesn't connect. The console worked earlier the day and I did nothing special with it.
My console is hacked and I have a NAND back-up. So what can we do now?
Post automatically merged:

Okay, while searching for solutions I found about the hard mod. This will be a lot work but I will try this if there's no other way.

Last edited by jedi23,

Sombersnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I experienced the same today. When I turn the console on, the led turns blue and the fan inside start to run like normal. But no signal will appear on screen and GamePad doesn't connect. The console worked earlier the day and I did nothing special with it.
My console is hacked and I have a NAND back-up. So what can we do now?
Post automatically merged:

Okay, while searching for solutions I found about the hard mod. This will be a lot work but I will try this if there's no other way.
same problem, did you find the solution?

jedi23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do the hardmod to reflash your backup or contact Nintendo to reset your Network ID so that you can use it on another console to access your eShop purchases.
There is no other solution.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you forgot the email or birthdate, if you need them, you can find them in the account.dat. it will have the email or username iirc, plus birthday, but birthday is written in hex, so mine says 06 13, which equals June 19th.

Reactions: jedi23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol