• Total voters

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Where did you read that?
My pal WiiU /vWii has 480p output. There's no difference between pal and ntsc
I didn't mean the output but the resolution in games (specifically mkw) is more crappy on pal and jpn vwii I have seen the difference comparing my old wii and i dont remember where I saw that USA vwii are like the old wii's without the crappy resolution (I am using HDMI)

Last edited by GR-DRACULA,

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Last edited by AboodXD,

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't mean the output but the resolution in games (specifically mkw) is more crappy on pal and jpn vwii I have seen the difference comparing my old wii and i dont remember where I saw that USA vwii are like the old wii's without the crappy resolution (I am using HDMI)

Dunno where you've seen that difference. But about 98% of the pal games run with 480p (yes i mean ingame resolution). There are just a few (pal exclusive) games that are forced to 576i.

The difference between a real Wii and the vWii depends on the HDMI connection and the crappy upscaler which scales 480p to 1080p.
You could force your console to 480p output in systemsettings or use a component cable and the picture will exactly look like on a real wii.

Last edited by MHDestination,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Video Streamer Like Kodi".
Since when is Kodi (formerly XBMC) a video streamer?

Since genesis/exodus/phoenix etc etc plugins sullied the "Kodi" name with piracy.

We know it as XBMC player. Noobs know it as a way to watch movies online without paying or downloading the file.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
Since genesis/exodus/phoenix etc etc plugins sullied the "Kodi" name with piracy.

We know it as XBMC player. Noobs know it as a way to watch movies online without paying or downloading the file.

I guess me being an add-on dev for Kodi I must be a noon as you call it lol

Seriously tho, Kodi is not a streamer it's a very handy software media centre. Calling it a streamer would mean you can stream media files from it and as anyone knows you can't, you can only stream to it.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess me being an add-on dev for Kodi I must be a noon as you call it lol

Seriously tho, Kodi is not a streamer it's a very handy software media centre. Calling it a streamer would mean you can stream media files from it and as anyone knows you can't, you can only stream to it.
You sir are quite mistaken. I stream content FROM my kodi devices all the time. What do you call this?

kodi%20share_zpslwk3fcf7.png

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KODI can stream files, but that's not it's primary function.
You can browse your computer files with the webrowser, but that doesn't make it a file explorer.
That's not what you said. You said and I quote "Calling it a streamer would mean you can stream files from it..." (and here's my favorite part) "...as anyone knows you can't"

Quite an absolute that leaves little to interpretaion. Don't make definitive statements that are just flat out wrong. Real simple forum etiquette.

For many people that's exactly what they use Kodi for.

Hell even Kodi says it's a "streamer". It has a UPnP server built right into it.

fraret

A puffin
Trophies
Website
localhost
XP
Country
That's not what you said. You said and I quote "Calling it a streamer would mean you can stream files from it..." (and here's my favorite part) "...as anyone knows you can't"

Quite an absolute that leaves little to interpretaion. Don't make definitive statements that are just flat out wrong. Real simple forum etiquette.

For many people that's exactly what they use Kodi for.

Hell even Kodi says it's a "streamer". It has a UPnP server built right into it.
You are confusing people. I wasn't the one who said that. Reread the messages and you'll find out that I only said:
"Video Streamer Like Kodi".
Since when is Kodi (formerly XBMC) a video streamer?
I know that kodi can stream files, and as I told you, that's not it's primary function. It can also act as a frontend for TV recording, but that doesn't make it a PVR (and I use it as such).
KODI is a media center (according to their website, its now a Open Source Home Theater Software). So call it however you want. It seems I am not correct either.

Anyways, this is GBAtemp, not KODI forums. And this is getting off-topic.

And please, correct you post. I never said that. It was @MartinDocNewland who made that statement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@