Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What about a Wii category? it will be a previous generation console, and could be loaded as a Virtual Console.
Or would they want to still sell Wii games from Disc only?
Gamecube games were bigger than what the Wii allowed (40MB limit), but now they won't have any size limit, they could provide Wii games on eshop too. There are a lot of short games (Mario Galaxy is only 200MB).

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What about a Wii category? it will be a previous generation console, and could be loaded as a Virtual Console.
Gamecube games were bigger than what the Wii allowed (40MB limit), but now they won't have any size limit, they could provide Wii games on eshop too. There are a lot of short games (Mario Galaxy is only 200MB).
Personally, I don't think Nintendo will be motivated enough to provide Wii VC.There's all the discs, a great amount of people who will buy the Wii U will already have the Wii, and hence many Wii games, and above all Nintendo will want to push sales of their new games above all. In short, they don't want their old games competing with their new ones. Maybe in a few years, but even then I feel it's unlikely.

And Mario Galaxy is only 200mb? Sheesh! :blink:

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if the Wii to WiiU transfer-tool could be exploited to let us run Wii Homebrew on the WiiU Wii-Emulator.

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Super Mario Galaxy is no where near 200MB. You may be thinking of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Super Mario Galaxy is no where near 200MB. You may be thinking of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
or new super Mario bros 2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh, yeah I mixed the games, it was new super mario which is not big.
But it was to show that there are some "little" games which could be available on eshop too. People could prefer buying games from Nintendo Network instead of buying a game Disc+box+manual.

That's the main purpose of the new politics from Nintendo regarding the Nintendo Network for WiiU. I don't see why Wii games couldn't be added. They just sell WiiU games on both format, why not Wii games? that would be ridiculous not to take full advantage to that new selling plateform.
The WiiU is not released yet, they could add compatibility for downloaded Wii games by designing the console that way. it could be harder to add it after release, with firmware updates only.

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
would love to see some of the gamecube library on the Wii-U VC, but the lack of a controller with analogue triggers is a big deal.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
would love to see some of the gamecube library on the Wii-U VC, but the lack of a controller with analogue triggers is a big deal.
Perhaps they could work around it for games that use it. For example, maybe games like Super Mario Sunshine would require "double taps" to differentiate "lite" and "heavy" nozzle spray.

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps they could work around it for games that use it. For example, maybe games like Super Mario Sunshine would require "double taps" to differentiate "lite" and "heavy" nozzle spray.

doesn't sound like a good option. for example i think F-Zero GX is more or less unplayable without the GC pad.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping that they could maybe "HD" some titles. Proper remakes rather than putting out ROMS, using original assets or maybe even redoing the sprites as 2D art like with the Super Streetfighter II remake of several years ago. Maybe they could get the Earthbound/Mother series done, I know the only reason they haven't re-released those is because of licensing issues with the music.

I really love what they're doing with GB titles on 3DS and putting out the not so popular but just as great games on that service. This time around we could see some upscaled GC/Wii titles on the service, Capcom and others have done well doing PS2/Xbox titles on PSN/XBLA but Nintendo could do even better plus they would do them with more thought and quality. I can't imagine how beautiful Wind Waker and Mario Sunshine could be with them putting some effort into upscaling the games, these games still look great now.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
doesn't sound like a good option. for example i think F-Zero GX is more or less unplayable without the GC pad.
Ah. I haven't played F-Zero GX (despite F-Zero being one of my favorite Nintendo franchises), so I wouldn't know. Does it use pressure to determine acceleration, or something?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah. I haven't played F-Zero GX (despite F-Zero being one of my favorite Nintendo franchises), so I wouldn't know. Does it use pressure to determine acceleration, or something?
Nope, use accelerate with the A button. I could see GX being played with almost any gamepad with sholder buttons.

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country

the shoulder buttons are for drfiting/sliding round corners, more press being a more severe turn. you can play it without, but it's hard to be any good and ruins the experience of the game IMO. i've tried it with the CC Pro and would never want to play it again with on/off triggers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc