Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyan why did you ban op

just curious

I have the same question. Not only curious, but with banned OPs, I most likely think it's fake and plain trolling. Not to be rude, but it's just that I don't trust suspended and banned users.
I'm so glad most people confirmed it's real, so it's ok with me ^^ Finally a real thing instead of a fake troll lmao

D

Deleted-384698

It looks like the tik was in fact modified and switched as byte 0x01 is in fact set to 0x01, going back to the thread the original poster of the two files has deleted the files, so I think he did mix them up and I'm just lucky for some reason.
Apologies, you can verify I'm not full of shit by looking at page 28 on that thread and see that the files were deleted now.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Corredor

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same question. Not only curious, but with banned OPs, I most likely think it's fake and plain trolling. Not to be rude, but it's just that I don't trust suspended and banned users.
I'm so glad most people confirmed it's real, so it's ok with me ^^ Finally a real thing instead of a fake troll lmao
I highly doubt a thread that says last edited by cyan and has nearly 100 pages would still be open.

Reactions: sup3rgh0st

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, maybe a stupid question but Id appreciate a quick answer.

Which port do I connect my HDD with Y cable in? Front or back? does it matter?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You made an account just to say that? And you stole my avatar too?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most recommend back.

Reactions: suzsuzuki

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I finally have this thing working after much trial and error. A few words of advice:

1. Use NEW-NUSGrabber to download the files, NOT UWizard (the format UWizard downloads is incorrect) https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-the-new-nusgrabbergui.411228/
2. Use tik_modifier v1.2 to modify the title.tik file https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-ticket-modifier.445553/
3. Use NexoCubes WUD installer the files: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wupinstaller-added-safety.442103/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wupinstaller-added-safety.442103/
Now for a question. I understand you should move your save file to the USB HD BEFORE installing the game. Is this true for the DLC and Updates or can they stay on the local HD?

Thank you all for your feedback. This has been an exciting 24 hours!

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan there is a YouTube video tutorial about this in English, but I don't know if it can be added.
The video is by AydenTheKilla. The reason why I think it can't be added is because the video description links to that i** site.
But it would be cool to finally see a tutorial in English instead of most people doing it in their own language, since the OP video is in Spanish.
The video looks so real and everything he says, going to try it out when I get back to my Wii U.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is this true for the DLC and Updates or can they stay on the local HD?
sorry, I don't know yet :P
Can you move DLC to USB too ? I never used a WiiU HDD so I don't know what's possible to moved on it.

The port shouldn't matter. if you have vWii on the back, plug WiiU HDD on the front ;)

Reactions: gamecaptor

MrFlooD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now for a question. I understand you should move your save file to the USB HD BEFORE installing the game. Is this true for the DLC and Updates or can they stay on the local HD?

The Wii U doesnt let you pick and choose what to transfer. The system will automatically transfer the DLC and updates with the saves. This shouldnt cause any problems.

Devrim

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It would be really nice is someone could make a full step by step tutorial for dumping our own discs to get it working with this method. For now most people are stuck with external "suppliers".

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I finally have this thing working after much trial and error. A few words of advice:

1. Use NEW-NUSGrabber to download the files, NOT UWizard (the format UWizard downloads is incorrect) https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-the-new-nusgrabbergui.411228/
2. Use tik_modifier v1.2 to modify the title.tik file https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-ticket-modifier.445553/
3. Use NexoCubes WUD installer the files: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wupinstaller-added-safety.442103/

Thank you all for your feedback. This has been an exciting 24 hours!

Thanks for the tips. +1 on moving DLC and Updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, ik