Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so, this is pretty vague to me.
I have a question:

How can the Wii U brick if there's an out of region game installed? What does the NAND do?
Is it like the banner brick?

Can something else brick the Wii U?

Thanks.

EDIT: Seems the OP is suspended, so is this real?

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried installing Donkey kong tropical Freeze with a modified .tik. The installation stopped at 49% and when i went to my hdd (in wii u system settings) it said it found unneeded space. Should i try installing it again or did i do something wrong?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tried installing Donkey kong tropical Freeze with a modified .tik. The installation stopped at 49% and when i went to my hdd (in wii u system settings) it said it found unneeded space. Should i try installing it again or did i do something wrong?
Did you try waiting? MK8 did that when it was installing then jumped like 40% and finished. I didn't try Tropical Freeze though.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a question:

How can the Wii U brick if there's an out of region game installed? What does the NAND do?

Thanks.

If you mean playing games of a USB and launching it from the Home Menu, yes it is.

I'm confused about how it can brick if you do install out of region games. Oh well, it's best to stick with your own region.

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question:

Thanks.

As far as i know, only installing out of region games bricks the wiiU. This is real, i've installed 6 games trough this method.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you try waiting? MK8 did that when it was installing then jumped like 40% and finished. I didn't try Tropical Freeze though.
It just sent me back to the first screen you see (where you can select X or A) so it just stopped installing and kicked me back to the first screen.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as i know, only installing out of region games bricks the wiiU. This is real, i've installed 6 games trough this method.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It just sent me back to the first screen you see (where you can select X or A) so it just stopped installing and kicked me back to the first screen.
I'd redownload the title then retry. Every once in a while nusgrabber doesn't download something right. I remember I downloaded Assassin's Creed 5 times to get cdecrypt to work last october. It's probably NUS tho, not nusgrabber itself.

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd redownload the title then retry. Every once in a while nusgrabber doesn't download something right. I remember I downloaded Assassin's Creed 5 times to get cdecrypt to work last october. It's probably NUS tho, not nusgrabber itself.
Will try that thank you.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully people start dumping games on WUD from now on. It's infuriatingly difficult to find one, since everything is "Loadiine-ready". Even "scene" releases are decrypted :/

Reactions: KiiWii

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hopefully people start dumping games on WUD from now on. It's infuriatingly difficult to find one, since everything is "Loadiine-ready". Even "scene" releases are decrypted :/
Such a dumper only became possible recently, with the IOSU exploit.

(and we're still for this dumper to developed)

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any way to check if the tick is Eur or USA?

Downloaded a tik already modified, says USA, but wanted to check if it's even USA

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems there is a video tutorial on YouTube made by AydenTheKilla and looks legit with minor edits though. On the Wii U side at the end of the video, there are major edits, not even live made, so I don't know what to think lol

But I think it's better to wait for Flare Games ^^

Last edited by thekarter104,

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I keep getting this error when trying to download NUS with Nusgrabber 0.4
Does anyone know how to fix this?
(spoiler because of big image)
78b64ee50b1b748b37698f56f7310ae9.png

Site & Scene News