Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install injected virtual console games to the system menu? It doesn't seem to be covered in the OP yet it does mention something about being able to convert loadiine games to an install format.

EDIT: Looks like i better just wait until something better comes along, since the NUSPacker only recommends installing to rednand, which i have no interest in using.

Last edited by Nemesis90, , Reason: More information

softstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Haxchi will do signature and region patches. You don't need anything additional. If you get Homebrew Launcher when you run Haxchi (the default), Run Haxchi again and hold B while it loads.

You have to do that after each system restart, before you try to install or run non-purchased DLC or out-of-region titles.
thanx for the infos, but i can't figure it out
haxchi_v2.5u2 is already installed in my ds game on my wiiu
the config.txt content is the following :
Code:
a=fw.img
b=sysmenu
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
you tells me to hold the B button, it only returns me back to the normal wiiu system menu
don't you mean i must push on A ?
anyway i don't have any fw.img with haxchi release
could you advice me a good one ? and is there no risk to run it without rednand ?
thanx a lot for your answers and sorry to be so noob because it's new stuff for me :( (old loadline user)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you get the normal menu. That's what is supposed to happen. Except at that point, the patches are active.
No fw.img required. No redNAND. No risk if you just install and play things.

(I wish Haxchi printed a message like "Patches Now Active", but people complain when CBHC says "Autobooting" for a couple seconds.)

softstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, you get the normal menu. That's what is supposed to happen. Except at that point, the patches are active.
No fw.img required. No redNAND. No risk if you just install and play things.

(I wish Haxchi printed a message like "Patches Now Active", but people complain when CBHC says "Autobooting" for a couple seconds.)
ok, so for example : i have downloaded this dlc with utiketdownloader :
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (EUR) DLC v16 (FakeSign)
i can launch wupinstall, install it, then launch haxchi and hold b button, and it will work ? because i see (FakeSign) in the folder name of this dlc
can i also install other region games on my EUR wiiu with that method ?
thanx a lot for your answers bro :)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can launch wupinstall, install it, then launch haxchi and hold b button, and it will work ?
No, haxchi before install, as I said earlier:
You have to do that after each system restart, before you try to install or run non-purchased DLC or out-of-region titles.
Yes, you can install and run out-of-region titles, but some may crash because of language file issues. Take a look at the loadiine compatibility list to see the kinds of problems/solutions you might need to be aware of. I know you're not running loadiine, but the cross-region issues are the same.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the JPN one even though it's already out officially :(
One of us read @ShadowOne333's question incorrectly. I thought the question was "Are the tickets that are available ready to be installed?" meaning "Are they valid and correct?" That's what I answered "yes" to.

Since there's no comma, it could also be interpreted as "Are there tickets on that site already, all nice and ready for install?" In that case, your reply makes a lot more sense.

Damn English!

Last edited by nexusmtz,

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I have extracted files using DiscU, and c argument.

The first post says I need to fetch files some two different folder.

One of the folders are system/02.

Problem is that the folder does not exist. Only system/03 and system/04 ?

Nudelsuppe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry, kinda new to WUPinstaller and didn't read all 230+ pages of comments to look what i was searching or something
I tried installing TLOZ BOTW to my USB and it did, the USB has lost some space and the files are on it. The thing is, the game isn't popping up anywhere. The only thing i can see when i go to Data Management is that the USB only has 15 GB left and BOTW Update Data. Please help.

BenjamainYuk-Win

Trophies
XP
Thanks for the guide! However, I was wondering if there was a way to load the games from redNAND and in sysNAND. I was looking into it and people have said that you need to "reinstall" the game in redNAND in order to reinstall the tickets in redNAND. Is there a solution available? Thanks in advance.

XemnasXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've downloaded BoTW from Wii U USB Helper and have the game on my desktop, I want to play it from my external HDD. I have Haxchi installed and WUP installers etc. I don't have any available SD Cards that are big enough to store BoTW on so I can install to HDD, is there any other way?

techker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
was there any updates?all the games i downloaded from usb helper when i transfer it says failed not a game or update..

when we download there is a main and an update.i try to install the game first then the update..?or merge in one folder?

furialfil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My external usb is crashing, and I am trying to transfer all the games from my faulty external HD to a new external HD, but every time that I try to do it using the wiiU transfer data
tool my faulty HD crashes the wiiU. Anybody knows how to do this using Windows since every time that I connect my faulty HD to my computer windows don't see the wiiu games files, is there any program that will help me transfer the games files from my old HD to my new HD? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

FaEm66

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to simply transfer games and updates installed to my USB stick to the iternal memory using the wii u data managment? And can I keep my old save files after transferation too? Just want to be sure not to brick or lose anything.

nohmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Installing the same game to the same device will replace the existing one. That's not a problem. If you put the game on both sysNAND and USB, it'll appear on both devices in Data Management, and you can remove it from the one that you don't want it on.
Hey, do you know if you can install DLC's of games with Wud Installer?
Edit: I don't have a perm cfw installed, I just use homebrew launcher from the browser and then use wudinstaller

Last edited by nohmi,

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey, do you know if you can install DLC's of games with Wud Installer?
Edit: I don't have a perm cfw installed, I just use homebrew launcher from the browser and then use wudinstaller
You don't need a perm cfw, just launch mocha everytime you boot your console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4