Hacking Wii U System Update 5.1.1 is out now.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll be waiting a LONG time than in the meantime I'll all be enjoying smash bros ONLINE :P

That's okay, I have real people, roommates and other friends who are willing to play SSB locally :creep: Enjoy your abundance and frequency of communication errors, the lackluster eShop/VC releases and other random disconnects lol.

I'll enjoy SSB just as much as you will :P

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's okay, I have real people, roommates and other friends who are willing to play SSB locally :creep: Enjoy your abundance and frequency of communication errors, the lackluster eShop/VC releases and other random disconnects lol.

That's if SSB doesn't require an update to be played. Which I'm fairly certain that it will

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's if SSB doesn't require an update to be played. Which I'm fairly certain that it will

Oh, most likely, but that isn't for quite a while, but so far, no games have require system updates per se, but have in-disc update data on them. I hope that between now and winter, something happens in the hacking scene. At the very least MK 8 can be played without being online. I sincerely hope that nameless users on here don't rub that in our faces.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

don't have any of that it's called a lan cable. and sure you can play with friends offline but sooner or later you will always beat them and than you'll get bored of playing them and need someone with more skill to challenge you only online will do that. oh and the 5.1.1 will be on the disc too count on it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't have any of that it's called a lan cable. and sure you can play with friends offline but sooner or later you will always beat them and than you'll get bored of playing them and need someone with more skill to challenge you only online will do that. oh and the 5.1.1 will be on the disc too count on it.

Yeah I think I'm done discussing this for today. That may work well for you, but I prefer the company of people when playing games and no, I've never gotten bored playing with others, not since the days of Mario Party in 1998. Not to mention my last roommates never really played multiplayer, but my new ones however do so there. I hate competing with people online because my skills are....well I'll leave that for another topic. I honestly am baffled at your take on this whole "waiting for a very long time" for a hack. No one knows for sure, you don't know for sure, so no need to assume something will take a long time, you don't know that as fact.

Maybe it's my imagination, but lately, judging form your posts, it's almost as if you never want there to be Wii U hacks or webkit exploits, etc, almost as if you never want to see it flourish :unsure:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
from what i've seen happen in the past with this exploit i know nothing is going to happen this year anyway. but we'll see anyway i won't be updating until smash bros is out. after than i'm done waiting.

also answer me this why are you waiting for homebrew? what do you expect to be able to do when it's finally available? emus are working fine on vwii what do you expect to change in them on wiiu?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i've seen happen in the past with this exploit i know nothing is going to happen this year anyway. but we'll see anyway i won't be updating until smash bros is out. after than i'm done waiting.

also answer me this why are you waiting for homebrew? what do you expect to be able to do when it's finally available? emus are working fine on vwii what do you expect to change in them on wiiu?

Primarily, better N64 and PSX emulators, because the current developer seems to have all but ragequit on developing them. Snes, Megadrive, well, 16-bit and 8-bit consoles work nearly perfectly on Wii. The Wii VC only had 21 N64 games, that, and disable region locking because it's for "control" (*cough* BS *cough*). I just want to see actual region lock circumvention for legit imports, I couldn't give a damn about a backup loader. So summary, better N64, PSX and GBA emulation as well as region free games. The PS3 was region free, why not this?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
ask iwata :creep:

1399859563653.gif

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also answer me this why are you waiting for homebrew?
Once we have a viable homebrew scene then we will likely have the ability to spoof our firmwares to the latest version, once again enabling online features but with the benefit of homebrew. That's what I'm waiting for, anyways. Those who update now will likely have to wait an extensive amount of time for a working exploit to be released. I have my PC to game on now and Xenoblade and Smash Bros. to look forward to later.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're so dedicated to poopooing homebrew on the Wii U. What have you seen happen in the past with this exploit? And when's the past? lmao like it just got ported up to 5.0.0 and 5.1.0, 'the past' would be the five seconds since that happened.
I'd say there's less than 15 people working on this total, since the skillset one would need to help is (kinda?) specific. We're all working pretty hard, within living our actual day-to-day lives.
Maybe people need to be more patient.
This exploit isn't, nor has it ever been, immediately useful as a homebrew exploit. It's a launcher for a higher-level once that's finished, and a research tool to create a higher-level one till then. And yeah, it's patched. So when we have kernel access we'll find and build for another one, big whoop.

As for the actual usage of Cafe OS homebrew, here's a few thoughts. First, emulators for vWii suck. Like, a lot. I own a lot of actual SNES and Genesis titles, so I can immediately pick up on emulator inaccuracies (Especially on the Genesis. There's a lot to mess up there.) As great as libretro and its cores (like Snes9x-next) might be for quick emulator goodness with not very much effort, they suck. 9x-next, for example, is based on ancient snes9x code, with extra loads of speedhacks piled on top. no thx
With the extra power of the Wii U, I'd love to try and port bsnes (higan now) to the Wii U. Even in its least accurate mode it's miles beyond snes9x 1.52, and even 1.53. Not even so I could play games on said port, but so others could have a not-terribly-inaccurate SNES experience. 16 bit is some srs stuff.

Also, homebrew for hax. Messing with games has been my favorite thing since I was like eight. Halo hacks are pretty much the reason I know how to reverse engineer embedded systems now.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're so dedicated to poopooing homebrew on the Wii U. What have you seen happen in the past with this exploit? And when's the past? lmao like it just got ported up to 5.0.0 and 5.1.0, 'the past' would be the five seconds since that happened.
I'd say there's less than 15 people working on this total, since the skillset one would need to help is (kinda?) specific. We're all working pretty hard, within living our actual day-to-day lives.
Maybe people need to be more patient.
This exploit isn't, nor has it ever been, immediately useful as a homebrew exploit. It's a launcher for a higher-level once that's finished, and a research tool to create a higher-level one till then. And yeah, it's patched. So when we have kernel access we'll find and build for another one, big whoop.

As for the actual usage of Cafe OS homebrew, here's a few thoughts. First, emulators for vWii suck. Like, a lot. I own a lot of actual SNES and Genesis titles, so I can immediately pick up on emulator inaccuracies (Especially on the Genesis. There's a lot to mess up there.) As great as libretro and its cores (like Snes9x-next) might be for quick emulator goodness with not very much effort, they suck. 9x-next, for example, is based on ancient snes9x code, with extra loads of speedhacks piled on top. no thx
With the extra power of the Wii U, I'd love to try and port bsnes (higan now) to the Wii U. Even in its least accurate mode it's miles beyond snes9x 1.52, and even 1.53. Not even so I could play games on said port, but so others could have a not-terribly-inaccurate SNES experience. 16 bit is some srs stuff.

Also, homebrew for hax. Messing with games has been my favorite thing since I was like eight. Halo hacks are pretty much the reason I know how to reverse engineer embedded systems now.

ur totally right omg i would love my wiiU as a media center :D

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WulfyStylez
and how long till we start seeing these available...6 months, a year? and how long till their working properly, bug free and running at full speed year and half to 2 years? also will they be continuously worked on or just half assed versions thrown online and never worked on again like in the past? :glare:

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WulfyStylez
and how long till we start seeing these available...6 months, a year? and how long till their working properly, bug free and running at full speed year and half to 2 years? also will they be continuously worked on or just half assed versions thrown online and never worked on again like in the past? :glare:

LOL I'm convinced you never want to see a proper homebrew/hacking scene for the Wii U, at least, one that will never flourish for years to come.:P I could be wrong about your assumptions, but who are we kidding? :lol:

headpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of you guys have over 10.000 posts; I just assume whatever frustrations he has about the scene not moving fast enough just spill straight from his brain onto the website. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Reactions: the_randomizer

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WulfyStylez
You have to be patient and optimistic. How in the world would he know? It's a small team working in their free time. If you're too impatient then update and wait for the next eventual exploit.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ur totally right omg i would love my wiiU as a media center :D

That too for most people, though I just let my PS3 handle most of my media stuff.
WulfyStylez
Well, I can tell you that nobody is gonna want to make and update homebrew if the people they're making it for are so doubtful. The Wii U handles lots of media formats quite well natively. H.264 stands out. You could easily make a player for blu-ray content (though not the disks as easily) and have it work smooth as heck.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That too for most people, though I just let my PS3 handle most of my media stuff.
Well, I can tell you that nobody is gonna want to make and update homebrew if the people they're making it for are so doubtful. The Wii U handles lots of media formats quite well natively. H.264 stands out. You could easily make a player for blu-ray content (though not the disks as easily) and have it work smooth as heck.

Nah, Bladexdsl is probably the forum's official pessimist, the rest of us are quite hopeful about seeing Wii U homebrew ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k