Hacking wii u sdk leaked

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two others that were all about helping and being a part of this front and then sold all the info they got to modchip makers and fleed?

D

Deleted User

L-look! Theres the light at the end of the tunnel! This is a miracle from God, I thought everyone gave up on Wii U hacking

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Its real, but so old, the hardware wasn't finalized and it doesn't look useful much in terms of any confidential info about the system, at a quick glance over the files. just will be useful for people to compile with when/if code can run. But it is out there maybe someone else can have a look.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Its real, but so old, the hardware wasn't finalized and it doesn't look useful much in terms of any confidential info about the system, at a quick glance over the files. just will be useful for people to compile with when/if code can run. But it is out there maybe someone else can have a look.

Did you get the 47kb file? it's a zipbomb.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
understandable by the hoax's played before.

but now with the web hack and the Ukey, i am sure intrest in homebrew stuff will increase....
look even JoostinOnline , who is very against piracy, has developed stuff for vWii and is interested in WiiU , who's to say he doesnt port WiiCraft, and if hes fiddles around i am sure others will too
If things go "as planned", many moral and legal issues of the past shouldn't be a problem. In the past, homebrew has been made by reverse-engineering official libraries, then creating custom ones. libogc, libnds, libgba, and so on are essentially just Nintendo's copyrighted code with different function and variable names. In both legal and moral terms, it is a very dark shade of gray.

This time around, we can hopefully set up a Linux system. The system has enough resources to run an OS in the background (that's what it already does) while supporting very powerful homebrew. With Linux, there would be no need to use Nintendo code.

Btw, multiple reports that the supposed SDK is just a zip bomb.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If things go "as planned", many moral and legal issues of the past shouldn't be a problem. In the past, homebrew has been made by reverse-engineering official libraries, then creating custom ones. libogc, libnds, libgba, and so on are essentially just Nintendo's copyrighted code with different function and variable names. In both legal and moral terms, it is a very dark shade of gray.

This time around, we can hopefully set up a Linux system. The system has enough resources to run an OS in the background (that's what it already does) while supporting very powerful homebrew. With Linux, there would be no need to use Nintendo code.

Btw, multiple reports that the supposed SDK is just a zip bomb.

Linux would incontrovertibly be a much better option in the long run, as many programs have been already compiled to work with the OS, with the Wii U, I would imagine that once we have full Linux access to all three cores, powerful apps could be ported over like you said, and speaking of TriLinux, I haven't heard anything about that in quite a while.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This time around, we can hopefully set up a Linux system. The system has enough resources to run an OS in the background (that's what it already does) while supporting very powerful homebrew. With Linux, there would be no need to use Nintendo code.[/URL].
Good to see that at last we will have a linux system on a videoconsole such as OS in the background. Finally the homebrew will stop using libogc. Marcan's dream begins to come true B-).

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

However, this time is different, since we can just link to Nintendo's existing SDK without taking code from it.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
I was searching for Wii U SDK and found the official nintendo page
https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/

There you see that Wii U supports Unity

If you only want homebrew it should be enough, but if you want piracy....
But you still need a way to launch your apps.

Unity requires a license, which is very expensive and you have to be registered as an official developer through Nintendo so it's no longer homebrew at that point.

It would be great if a crack was released so we could export games made in Unity to Wii U, but AFAIK it doesn't exist.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unity requires a license, which is very expensive and you have to be registered as an official developer through Nintendo so it's no longer homebrew at that point.

It would be great if a crack was released so we could export games made in Unity to Wii U, but AFAIK it doesn't exist.
Sorry, I saw there was a free version on unity website.
http://unity3d.com/unity/download

And licenses informations
http://unity3d.com/unity/licenses

Oh, and don't forget that Unity is free and we have fully-functional 30-day trials available for Unity Pro and Unity iOS Pro!

When you see homebrews and the "Free" unity version restrictions, it seems to be really much more advanced.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I saw there was a free version on unity website.
http://unity3d.com/unity/download

And licenses informations
http://unity3d.com/unity/licenses

When you see homebrews and the "Free" unity version restrictions, it seems to be really much more advanced.

I would like to develop for a console suck as the Xbox 360, PS4, or Nintendo Wii. What do I need?
Console publishing is not included with Unity Pro - you will need a special Unity license for each platform on a per-title basis. First, you will need to be a registered developer with the console manufacturer or license holder, such as Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. After you are registered and approved by the console manufacturer, you will need their devkit hardware and software tools. At that point you can purchase a console license from Unity Technologies for use on a per-title basis. Please use our contact form for more information.

i.e what ieatpixels said. You need to be a registered Dev, buy a Devkit, and purchase a console-specific Unity Licence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@