Hacking Wii U - Save Files Compilation

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do your folders look like, does yours contain a folder named 8000001f and not 80000013 like mine?

If i find a working solution i will definitely share it with you, i share your frustration ha ha!
u know what i cant remember
might try it again but outta all of the saves this is the one game that never worked for me.

i even tried downloading the US version but the game crashes in the loading menu screen,.

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have never used Gecko even though ive owned an original Wii on homebrew for over a decade lol, i need to look into it for the Wii U but there seems to be loads of different versions and i dont know what i need let alone how to use it :rolleyes:
I've been out of the loop for awhile, i just remember the app being tcpgecko and needing a software running on a pc, it injected the codes to the wii u through the internet. I'm sure i got the codes here on gbatemp, I can't remember the thread though

u know what i cant remember
might try it again but outta all of the saves this is the one game that never worked for me.

i even tried downloading the US version but the game crashes in the loading menu screen,.
It's not mario kart 8, but i had problems getting tekken tag tournament 2's save file working on my eur console. granted the save (from this thread) is for the us version, this game seemed particularly problematic when importing other people's data, i managed to get it working by doing something in saviine, it was some time ago so i'll just copypaste my previous message:

The Tekken Tag Tournament 2 US save is compatible with the EU game as well. To import it wipe your save using savemii mod, then restore the US save and it should work. It will not work if you just select restore, it will just corrupt your existing data.
Maybe it can help with mario kart 8, I'm not sure, just bare in mind this will destroy the data that's already in there, and it isn't granted to work

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not mario kart 8, but i had problems getting tekken tag tournament 2's save file working on my eur console. granted the save (from this thread) is for the us version, this game seemed particularly problematic when importing other people's data, i managed to get it working by doing something in saviine, it was some time ago so i'll just copypaste my previous message:

Maybe it can help with mario kart 8, I'm not sure, just bare in mind this will destroy the data that's already in there, and it isn't granted to work
i figured out the need to wire data before trying to apply a save when i attempted to put my original save back and it still wouldn't boot MK8, i thought i would try a wipe and then load it and i was back in business but sadly that wont get any of the downloadable saves working with my EUR version of MK.

There has to be a solution out there somewhere, i just have to keep searching.

Reactions: krueger96

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i figured out the need to wire data before trying to apply a save when i attempted to put my original save back and it still wouldn't boot MK8, i thought i would try a wipe and then load it and i was back in business but sadly that wont get any of the downloadable saves working with my EUR version of MK.

There has to be a solution out there somewhere, i just have to keep searching.
That's strange, what kind of save are you looking for? I never uploaded mine, but i have backed it up sometime ago, i could upload it for you

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do your folders look like, does yours contain a folder named 8000001f and not 80000013 like mine?

If i find a working solution i will definitely share it with you, i share your frustration ha ha!
that 8xxx.... folder is the user iirc, so it may not look the same for everyone. mine is 80000001, since it's the only user that's ever been on my system. I think that's what it starts with. don't copy over that folder but rather its contents.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's strange, what kind of save are you looking for? I never uploaded mine, but i have backed it up sometime ago, i could upload it for you
im looking for a EUR save that has everything unlocked and hopefully all the cups done, i have DLC 1 and 2, if you have a EUR save that works it will be more than the status of mine, ive done nothing but play online and not done a single GP race.

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
im looking for a EUR save that has everything unlocked and hopefully all the cups done, i have DLC 1 and 2, if you have a EUR save that works it will be more than the status of mine, ive done nothing but play online and not done a single GP race.
I think i did unlock everything, as i've played single player alot. I'll upload it tomorrow

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that 8xxx.... folder is the user iirc, so it may not look the same for everyone. mine is 80000001, since it's the only user that's ever been on my system. I think that's what it starts with. don't copy over that folder but rather its contents.

Hmm, what would cause mine to have more than one user, do all Mii's count as a user?

My Wii U was factory reset when i got it and i have only got one Nintendo network ID linked to it but when found i couldn't edit my Mii for some strange reason, i created a new one but the dam thing wont even let me change to the new Mii, that one has me baffled lol.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is that the user account isn't reset after a factory restore. I know that the ps3, with nor consoles, the xregistry continues to increase by 1 even if you format the hdd on the system. the only way to reset it is to format it on the pc. my guess is that something similar happens with the wii u, and there's no way to reset it.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my guess is that the user account isn't reset after a factory restore. I know that the ps3, with nor consoles, the xregistry continues to increase by 1 even if you format the hdd on the system. the only way to reset it is to format it on the pc. my guess is that something similar happens with the wii u, and there's no way to reset it.
mine ends with F and not a number which adds to the confusion lol

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
waiting..... patiently for that upload lol going to have to remind myself of how the whole save/import process actually works.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waiting..... patiently for that upload lol going to have to remind myself of how the whole save/import process actually works.
wii u saves iirc are much easier to manage than say a playstation's save, since they don't even seem to be encrypted beyond the encryption of the file system, which is meaningless with ftp or homebrew.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
me too, someone over at wii-hombrew has also said they will upload their save, ive been refreshing both that thread and this one like its my religion lol

Reactions: Psd99

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol i dont even have the dlc for mario kart
I mean where do i get that, how do i install and what is included in that for example?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean where do i get that, how do i install and what is included in that for example?
just download the free dlc from the eshop, install the rest of the purchased dlc with wup, transpose the tickets to where the free dlc appears first in the ticket bucket, then you have all dlc free and without cfw.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i downloaded it from USB Helper, its CFW only but i dont get the issue with CFW, i thought a hacked Wii U was running it period but maybe im wrong?

I installed Tiramisu and its set to boot to that automatically.

Having DLC blows the game wide open, sooooo many more tracks and it would seem more people have the DLC than dont as full races are more common since i installed DLC

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just download the free dlc from the eshop, install the rest of the purchased dlc with wup, transpose the tickets to where the free dlc appears first in the ticket bucket, then you have all dlc free and without cfw.

So i understand how to download via usb helper and then install via wup

But i didnt understand the rest of that? I got a feeling i have downloaded and instaled a lot of dlc but couldnt work out why it is not in the games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/fNfnBcB-2jY