Wii U Possibly Released @ USD $249.99

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah cuz Nikkei was totally right about the 3DS redesign too. We should believe everything they say.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiimote and nunchuk are sold at 50 dollars each. I have never seen them sold together ever except for the cheapy off-brands that break in week or 2. The wii-mote+ is 60. So that's 100 "worth" of handware nintendo gives u with the Wii already.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah cuz Nikkei was totally right about the 3DS redesign too. We should believe everything they say.
They said that one is in the works, not that it would be revealed this E3.
Nikkei have been right with numerous things in the past like the DSi XL, they were spot on with the screen size, and later they even leaked pictures of it too.
btw It's an XL model, it's not necessary to upgrade like it was from DS to DS lite for some people.

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They managed to sell the Wii at £179.99 in the UK at launch, and I got a bundle deal with Zelda & Red Steel thrown in for free at that price. I can't believe that technology hasn't advanced enough that 6 years later it would have to cost so much more for improved graphics... in all honesty, considering the difference graphically I would have assumed it would actually be cheaper to produce the hardware itself (minus tablet). With that in mind, the tablet simply can't cost more than £99.99 when sold individually, and I would say that £249.99 should be the utter max price. £199.99 MUST be achievable. It just must be for this console to be a success.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
The wiimote and nunchuk are sold at 50 dollars each. I have never seen them sold together ever except for the cheapy off-brands that break in week or 2. The wii-mote+ is 60. So that's 100 "worth" of handware nintendo gives u with the Wii already.
Huh? The wiimote is sold for $40 and the nunchuk for $20.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They did a price drop on them then. When I looked for a second controller (back in 2009) they were 50 dollars each at walmart, kmart, gamestop and toys ur us. Needless to say I never bought a second controller.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I serious don't remember it being that high even at the beginning. :unsure:

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

They did a price drop on them then. When I looked for a second controller (back in 2009) they were 50 dollars each at walmart, kmart, gamestop and toys ur us. Needless to say I never bought a second controller.
They were at the price I mentioned since launch. You were ripped off.

D

Deleted_171835

Nikkei is a shit rag for pimping 3DS XL lies, $250 is on the absolute edge of a reasonable price, $250.01 would be r@pe territory
Nikkei never said it was going to be announced at E3. Just that a 3DS XL is in development. And since Nikkei said it, I would believe it.

As for the price, don't expect $250. That's a tad bit too low for a new console.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like most other people in this thread, I think 250 is a pipe dream. 300-350 is much more realistic. Im also hoping we get Nintendo Land as a pack in, but that may be doubtful, as the Wii was the first system in a while to come with a game.

And chartube, you definetly got ripped off. I remember buying another nunchuk after getting the Wii Xmas 2007 and it was only 20$ then.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nikkei never said it was going to be announced at E3. Just that a 3DS XL is in development. And since Nikkei said it, I would believe it.

As for the price, don't expect $250. That's a tad bit too low for a new console.
/me prepares forum ban hammer.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like most other people in this thread, I think 250 is a pipe dream. 300-350 is much more realistic. Im also hoping we get Nintendo Land as a pack in, but that may be doubtful, as the Wii was the first system in a while to come with a game.

And chartube, you definetly got ripped off. I remember buying another nunchuk after getting the Wii Xmas 2007 and it was only 20$ then.

reread my post people. I never bought a second set cause of the ridiculous price of them. And I was at walmart yesterday. The wii-mote price is still 50 and the nunchuck are being sold at 25. Don't know how you guys are getting the controllers so cheap w/o buying cheap off-brands.

saviorkross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

reread my post people. I never bought a second set cause of the ridiculous price of them. And I was at walmart yesterday. The wii-mote price is still 50 and the nunchuck are being sold at 25. Don't know how you guys are getting the controllers so cheap w/o buying cheap off-brands.

Going by online, Walmart has them at about $34 for the Wii Remote Plus, and $16 for the nunchuk. Both seem to be official.

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Iwata signaled the WiiU will likely be priced at more than 20,000 yen ($250) in Japan when it goes on sale next year, the Nikkei newspaper reported today, citing an interview with the president.
e84453ed_Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Meme-Template-Blank-300x295.png
Holiday 2012 release my ass.

Reactions: 1 person

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Iwata signaled the WiiU will likely be priced at more than 20,000 yen ($250) in Japan when it goes on sale next year, the Nikkei newspaper reported today, citing an interview with the president.
READ SHADOWSOLDIER'S POST

The original was written last year before the previous E3, this 'on sale next year' was carried over from that quote. Same with the rumoured prices, old news, no more relevant than my little brother's guesses at a launch price.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
202526-dumb-rage-face.jpg
READ SHADOWSOLDIER'S POST

The original was written last year before the previous E3, this 'on sale next year' was carried over from that quote. Same with the rumoured prices, old news, no more relevant than my little brother's guesses at a launch price.
Fixed the image to be more appropriate.

I seen the "on sale next year" part after E3 2011.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Being that I was just at walmart, couldn't resist:
gallery_133031_1261_89271.jpg

Back to the topic at hand, 250 is probably not going to happen. Also, we might see the end of new games for $50. Gamestop listed a bunch of WiiU games after e3 for $60. Now granted, they are just guessing at this point, but it makes sense since they are $60 for ps3 and xbox and 3ds games did get a price bump from ds games.

Edit: Fixed Image

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto