Hardware Wii U official Gamecube Adapter...

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

A friend lend me his Wii U Gamecube Adapter, so I thought to try it out.
So I did, I put both USB cables to the front USB ports of the Wii U.
I've tried the following games:

Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 64 (N64 Virtual Console)

According to this thread, it should work with Super Mario 64. But it didn't work...

I'm sure it works because we've been playing Smash at his place the day before.

So how do I get it to work and what is the issue?
Thanks.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it works great in Nintendont. But can the adapter be used to play Wii games on the vWii that allowed for gamecube controllers? I'm guessing not, but recently I downloaded Project M Ex, which is project M with a bunch more fighters and stages (And not nearly as ridiculous as Smash Infinity), and it'd be pretty cool if I could play that game with gamecube controllers on the vWii.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So it's actually a $30 piece of junk which only works for Smash... LMFAO. I'm glad I never bought it back in the day.
If you have homebrew you can also use HIDtoVPAD to use a gamecube controller as the Wii U gamepad (I've tried this with all my games, and it does it's job pretty well..)

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it works great in Nintendont. But can the adapter be used to play Wii games on the vWii that allowed for gamecube controllers? I'm guessing not, but recently I downloaded Project M Ex, which is project M with a bunch more fighters and stages (And not nearly as ridiculous as Smash Infinity), and it'd be pretty cool if I could play that game with gamecube controllers on the vWii.
There are no patches or anything to make vWii support the adapter, but a hardware solution is this: https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii-Nintendo/dp/B00YH3NWTW

I have a few of them, they all work great except for the start button (which has considerable delay between being pressed and the input being sent to the game, because the adapter looks to see if you're holding it and then sends a Home button instead)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-