Hacking Wii U NOOB PARADISE - Ask & Answer questions here.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It gets them for you in WUP Installer format. If for some reason you want them in loadiine format you'll need to decrypt them
WUP Installer said it couldn't find WUP files in the downloaded thing. It appears to download in Loadiine format, as /GameName [TitleID]/updates/v#/code , /content , and /meta , though.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh really? I didn't know that jnus downloaded in loadiine format. I know there is a java based downloader that will work on Mac that will download in WUP Installer format.

You could always try parallels or a virtual machine of windows. Wii U USB Helper really is the shiznit. You should try and find a way to launch it

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh really? I didn't know that jnus downloaded in loadiine format. I know there is a java based downloader that will work on Mac that will download in WUP Installer format.

You could always try parallels or a virtual machine of windows. Wii U USB Helper really is the shiznit. You should try and find a way to launch it
Wine doesn't work with downloading, and running a VM brings my computer to it's knees. =/
Also, Loadiine goes to a black screen. Running CHBC... 1.2 or something.

johnestan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to play n64 games now? I'd love to inject them on the wiiu home screen like the gamecube and wii games, but I've heard compatibility is a little spotty.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a RedNand on the SD card, will you always be forced to it? Is there a way to boot into SysNand (without removing SD card)? Also, I have a 64 GB SD card, but I still want to have room to make occasional NAND backups, is it possible to create an 8GB RedNand if you have a 32GB Black Wii U?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a RedNand on the SD card, will you always be forced to it? Is there a way to boot into SysNand (without removing SD card)? Also, I have a 64 GB SD card, but I still want to have room to make occasional NAND backups, is it possible to create an 8GB RedNand if you have a 32GB Black Wii U?

do you mean cbhc? push home when it says autobooting. I don't think you can make a smaller NAND than what your console is.

Paccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aquired a Wii U with Brain Training already gifted to the current NNID,
however the NNID is associated with another country.

I can still change the country and languange of the console,
but the NNID can not be moved (barring that NNID from more eshop access?)

So once I have downloaded Brain Age and used it will
the NNID country affect anything or can I happily create new Mii's with my language?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean cbhc? push home when it says autobooting. I don't think you can make a smaller NAND than what your console is.
Darn! Are you sure? Is it because you copy the data from the SysNand to the RedNand on creation! =/ Is it possible to create a newly formatted RedNand, ideally 8GB?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn! Are you sure? Is it because you copy the data from the SysNand to the RedNand on creation! =/ Is it possible to create a newly formatted RedNand, ideally 8GB?

yes, that's the reason. I think it's due to console keys. theoretically, it might be possible. when building redNAND, the system uses the sysNAND as framework. it's just a dump of the NAND. the fw.img, afaik, is what patches it.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, that's the reason. I think it's due to console keys. theoretically, it might be possible. when building redNAND, the system uses the sysNAND as framework. it's just a dump of the NAND. the fw.img, afaik, is what patches it.
Ah, I see, so the fw.img sorta links to the RedNand partition? And will you go to RedNand or SysNand by default?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it links to whatever is partitioned on the sd card. even though a smaller redNAND is probably possible. the problem is the per console keys. the size of the redNAND is caused by the mlc (the internal flash for storage). the system software is only 528MBs iirc. the same size as the virtual wii's. however, the virtual wii doesn't even work in redNAND, so that's pretty pointless.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it links to whatever is partitioned on the sd card. even though a smaller redNAND is probably possible. the problem is the per console keys. the size of the redNAND is caused by the mlc (the internal flash for storage). the system software is only 528MBs iirc. the same size as the virtual wii's. however, the virtual wii doesn't even work in redNAND, so that's pretty pointless.
What? I think you accidently went off on a tangent. I know you can't use vWii in RedNand. But, is it possible to create a RedNand, format it, patch the SEEPROM to make it think it's 8GB, and then format it again? Would that work?
Format as in, not the SD card, but "format system memory" from within RedNand.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install what you want with sysNAND without fear of brick as long as it's not a system title. a special version of wup installer can install system titles, so be careful using that one. redNAND was for people fearful of a brick. I can't recall exactly as it was a long time ago. system config tool allows you to modify how the wii u behaves, install titles, and even backup saves. I think it's a debugging tool used by Nintendo, but I'm not positive about that. I think that's why it's not allowed to be posted on temp - it contains Nintendo code.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install what you want with sysNAND without fear of brick as long as it's not a system title. a special version of wup installer can install system titles, so be careful using that one. redNAND was for people fearful of a brick. I can't recall exactly as it was a long time ago. system config tool allows you to modify how the wii u behaves, install titles, and even backup saves. I think it's a debugging tool used by Nintendo, but I'm not positive about that. I think that's why it's not allowed to be posted on temp - it contains Nintendo code.
I see. Hmm, I'm not sure if I should, because if I install redNand, I won't be able to backup my NAND.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redNAND is your real NAND. however, using the previous methods causes the NAND to be incomplete. if you want a complete NAND dump, use eyekey's tools. the largest part of the NAND, the mlc, should be fine from the redNAND dump. the other two, the slc, and slcmpt, will be off though, so I'd suggest using that tool for them. you can extract redNAND with sdio extractor btw. if you install a game or app to redNAND, you'll have to install it again on the real NAND making it not worth it once you switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Dont forget to leave a like