Gaming Wii U - Mario Kart 8

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll wait for Mario Kart 8.1. :P

Ahem...joking aside: I'll wait for reviews. Sonic & Sega all stars racing has put up quite a standard, and I'm not convinced yet Mario Kart can improve on that. It'll be fun...yes. But I already have a very fun racer right now.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait for Mario Kart 8.1. :P

Ahem...joking aside: I'll wait for reviews. Sonic & Sega all stars racing has put up quite a standard, and I'm not convinced yet Mario Kart can improve on that. It'll be fun...yes. But I already have a very fun racer right now.

Sonic made a pretty good racing game but... to me the courses felt too active / detailed. Sure, after playing them a few times I was able to memorize the layout and play with more concentration to focus on opponents, but again I have trouble playing anyone I know since the same issue is a handicap to them.

Also, there is still the occasional freeze mid-race / spawning as the wrong vehicle in the non-racing modes... I don't even understand how a glitch like that occurs.

D

Deleted_171835

So I actually bothered to take a look at some footage of MK8 and goddamn, visually this actually looks really impressive (1080p@60FPS). Did not expect this for a Mario Kart game.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look out Xbone & PS4 because the WiiU is coming back into play with some serious vengence. I love Nintendo systems for a reason & this is why.

Your not just fighting a Super Saiyan your fighing Super Saiyan God Goku.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh... they dont need to remove the blue shells, they NEED TO REMOVE SNAKING... That thing is just annoying and frankly Its nice to win cuz you know the game not cuz you break your controller trying to make the kart go faster...

Oh and another thing, its time to add new third party characters like they do on smash, for example pac man like they did on that mario kart for arcades some time ago. Also add Link and kirby to the mix...

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh and another thing, its time to add new third party characters like they do on smash, for example pac man like they did on that mario kart for arcades some time ago. Also add Link and kirby to the mix...

that one had pac man because namco was developing the game.
and its MARIO kart, not super smash bros.

JiggyEyeJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I played it today at the gamescom in Cologne. I was very impressed how smooth the game is and the graphics are great.

1237437_708671675813249_1461648709_o.jpg

decemberchild

latecomer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, when I saw it's called Mario Kart 8, I instantly thought of Windows 8. I mean, who could blame me, same number, same pattern (windows had names before, now it has numbers, which ironically are 7 and 8, same as Mario Kart), same blue color style... I just hope it won't be as bad as Windows 8. But from the looks so far, that's not gonna happen.

Windows 8 actually isn't that bad of an os once you put "start menu 8" on it. It is quite faster than 7 was in my experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.