wii u locked with nnid

AdonMrGveret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
i've recently bought a used wii u that was locked with an nnid password and parental controls. ive tried contacting nintendo of america, nintendo uk and tried to talk to the original owner, but they wouldnt be able to help me. at this point im willing to perform a factory reset justto get the thing to work, so any help will be appreciated

AdonMrGveret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I don't think so. you'd need something that plugs into a usb port of the wii-u. I think you can do it with a hacked switch.
i did find a raspberry pi pico for sale where i live, however it would likely take a week or two before it would arrive, so ill keep yall posted. kinda sucks i have to pay to use a console that i already paid for, but i guess its better than throwing it away.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can reset the parental control this way:
Yeah, but OP still have Nintendo Network ID to deal with too.

Edited: Hey, OP. Do you get "Add New User" option when you boot up the console? If you do, then the mkey option might work. At least you can unlock the parental control and creat a new account.

Last edited by Ettino,

AdonMrGveret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yeah, but OP still have Nintendo Network ID to deal with too.

Edited: Hey, OP. Do you get "Add New User" option when you boot up the console? If you do, then the mkey option might work. At least you can unlock the parental control and creat a new account.
yes, i do have the "add new user" option, but when i open it it asks for parental controls and doing the + - Y combo there didnt work so i cant get a master key unless i guess the password

AdonMrGveret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
the recovery menu should fix this. it's by @GaryOderNichts . you'll need something like raspberry pico to initiate it. those are only like $5-$10.
ok, i got my raspberry pi pico. what should i do now
Post automatically merged:

is there a guide i should follow or something like that?

ok, i looked up how to install the recovery menu and now its running on my wii u, what should i do next?

ok, ive turned off the parental codes and formatted the console, thanks yall for your help!

Last edited by AdonMrGveret,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hey guyz