Hacking Wii u freezes when trying to create a user or link a NNID

MontyMole98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any updates on this? also when you deleted the account (im assuming with ftp) did the users mii get deleted from the mii maker?
I tried to re-create the accounts and this happened again:
I tried putting the users back and editing the common.dat file to have all the accounts added back in, but it deleted my one remaining account and instead put one in that didn't have a Mii linked to it, so its username was appearing as "???", its profile picture was a mii silhouette with a "?" in its face and the default Mii was appearing for it on the user select screen. All my Miis that were linked to users were also deleted, so I only had one other Mii to link the user to.
So yeah as I said the miis did get deleted.
Post automatically merged:

And you deleted the linked user / NNID, so you can't run these games without sigpatches anymore anyway.
Actually, it has been discussed on other threads that although manually "deleting" accounts removes them from the user select screen, the Wii U still registers that account as linked to the device, so it can't be linked to another Wii U, and any eShop apps purchased on that user will still work without sigpatches.
Why not? It will just remove coldboot for Tiramisu/Aroma but that can be fixed with ease.

I would highly suggest to reinstall all the titles you messed with. These language changing guides are all other than reliable (this thread is actually a good example of this).
Yeah I've kind of reconsidered, but I'm probably just gonna reinsert the files over FTP as that worked on a corrupted Mii Maker copy that literally made the crash buzzing sound when launched. If that doesn't work, I will just reinstall a WUP for it. The problematic app is definitely the Wii U Menu, as mentioned earlier:
I just figured out that the broken app is actually the Wii U Menu, not Account Settings (well we don't know if the app is broken or if it's saves or something but you get the point lol) as the application is translated by my translation pack yet the pack doesn't touch Account Manager. Inside of the Wii U Menu's AllMessage are the text files for user creation and Nintendo Network ID creation/linking, so that's how I'm sure.

Last edited by MontyMole98,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto