Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Nice walls of text, let me just delete your child bickering for you.

The Wii U isn't that bad a console really, it's just that the original Wii was so fucking horrendous it put a lot of people off of Nintendo consoles for life. As OP said they are pretty much worthless dust collectors now that nobody cares about.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice walls of text, let me just delete your child bickering for you.

The Wii U isn't that bad a console really, it's just that the original Wii was so fucking horrendous it put a lot of people off of Nintendo consoles for life. As OP said they are pretty much worthless dust collectors now that nobody cares about.

My walls were better..... tootally jk.

I have to disagree though, with the horrendous bit. To me the OG Wii > Wii U simply because of the game library. Sure, a lot of it was shovelware or featuring gimmicky nonsense to utilize the controller in a new way... but there was also A LOT of gold in its lineup. Definitely more so than the Wii U. Its sad to see the Wii U fail like it is.. but its also a bit disheartening people treat the OG Wii like it has the HIVs or something. It was the weakest of the 3.. but it had the most heart <3

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you so angry? There is no need for it. This was meant to be a sensible and reasonable conversations without getting worked up.
it is a joke...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With the leak of the 5.5.x exploit, those systems will probably start selling more now
NO.
gen is gone...
edit:
also Nintendo is stopping production, accessories are already stopped, forecast for wiiu are at max 800k.
NX is approaching, wiiu gen is gone.
edit2:
Also Nintendo doesn't want to make a price reduction for wiiu.
edit 3:
also 5.5 kex is nothing, iosu is the thing, and should have been released last year to make the thing arrive to casual gamers, nerds like on this forum are not moving enough consoles.

Last edited by nintendarium,

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The concept of having moldable buttons on a controller based on the game's program is cool, but everyone knows, using the touch screen as a gaming controller is FUCKING garbage.

There's a reason why I just bought a gamepad for my android.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I personally do not like the Wii U because it has no third party support/multiplats. Nintendo games are declining in quality IMO, so I wouldn't buy it exclusively for the first party titles. Hell, even the Wii got better/more multiplats with games like Call of Duty, Godfather, Bully etc. I like to play all my games on a single console, and I don't like PC gaming (my PC is only for work and research).

Also, everything Nintendo related is 2x as expensive as Sony or Microsoft here in Brazil, so there's that.

Last edited by guisadop,

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally do not like the Wii U because it has no third party support/multiplats. Nintendo games are declining in quality IMO, so I wouldn't buy it exclusively for the first party titles. Hell, even the Wii got better/more multiplats with games like Call of Duty, Godfather, Bully etc.

Also, everything Nintendo is 2x as expensive as Sony or Microsoft here in Brazil, so there's that.

brasilian government taxes are crazy, we cannot blame nintendo for that, i read some time ago that Sony here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth...ice-in-brazil-is-bad-for-gamers/#754f7e796499

videogaming in brazil is more or less liek videogaming in northern european countries, very costly.

on the other side Nintendo ins brasil was always second behind Sega.
I remember crazy unoffical games for sega like the brazilian version of ISS on megadrive.
http://segaretro.org/Mega_Drive_consoles_in_Brazil

if you do not find Nintendo games on quality then you should avoid even in the future the console since they are switching to a more agile developing mostly oriented to mobile quality, always at their manner but still more a mobile approach (in a way more arcade) than what you find on Ps4.

Last edited by nintendarium,

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
brasilian government taxes are crazy, we cannot blame nintendo for that, i read some time ago that Sony here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth...ice-in-brazil-is-bad-for-gamers/#754f7e796499

videogaming in brazil is more or less liek videogaming in northern european countries, very costly.

on the other side Nintendo ins brasil was always second behind Sega.
I remember crazy unoffical games for sega like the brazilian version of ISS on megadrive.
http://segaretro.org/Mega_Drive_consoles_in_Brazil

if you do not find Nintendo games on quality then you should avoid even in the future the console since they are switching to a more agile developing mostly oriented to mobile quality, always at their manner but still more a mobile approach (in a way more arcade) than what you find on Ps4.

I agree, it really isn't favorable to be a gamer here in Brazil, and I mostly don't blame Nintendo for that because Brazilian market isn't really fond of Nintendo I guess, but they're the only one of the "Big Three" not to have official releases in Brazil. And our taxes make everything worse, too.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be rude. But this is true, it's the worst video game console in the 2012 - 2016 era of games. Granite the games look good graphicly but it's very pricy, and it made me just wanted to avoid the console when I found out the only true "new aditions" were just first party games. (Sorry Nintendo Fans)

The fact they never improved graphics for third party games just shows how bad Nintendo wants to keep the console "exclusive" to Nintendo. It just shows they are not curtious to the other companies they are agasint (PS3 & Xbox in this case.) But reguardless they are working on the originality on the Wii U due to it not working out so well.

What confuses me even more is if Nintendo NX will even be worth upgrading, or if they will be moving their services on the Wii U to the NX. (Like they did with online Wii services to the Wii U.)

Last edited by petethepug,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes and no.
You mean in that time period?

if we are speaking of "console" meaning the exact term then:
in that period the worst selling console was the Ouya.
among the "official" not counting the korean ones.

you should not be sorry for nintendo fans since they bought the console as definition for those games first and then for third partys ones.

On the fact they do not care about what others follow is a fact from n64 era, when they decided to ditch cd thing.
It's a thing you accept or not.
if you agree with their vision of gaming then oyu enjoy a lot their consoles.
if you do not like their vision at least you buy the console and then regret(you were right on buying the console) of on the worst side you read the first pages of this thread to find some armchair CEOs whiners...

like the IOSU whiners!
they cry like kids on this forum for IOSU but they do not help in any way the scene.
amrchair CEOs cry all the time "nintendo should do this, nintendo should do that".
it's 30 years of gaming now that i read these poor guys over the internet...
they should try found a company and make their own Ouya ... EHEHEH

let's make a little Q&A:

is nintendo a profitable company?
YES

is Nintendo firing people or closing studios like Sony and Microsfot did these years?
NO

then the rest are only wishes, people wish nintendo to do this or to do that... they look at nintendo for their personal love or hate...but they are a normal company, if they get the first place in console race is nice but the important for them are numbers to be profitable.

I'm just going to clear this up. I know my post was a little misleading.

The topic is only being related to the Wii U. I brung up the NX seeing, or noteing if it was even worth upgrading, and if they will move their services to the Wii U --> NX.

I mentioned 2012 - 2016 due to it losing value, and to try and be on topic. There are some ways Nintendo can show their laziness sometimes, and granite a lot of video game companies are like that at times. That's mostly my opinion considering the Wii U is $50 USD (American Currency) for the controller, and $200 - $600 USD for the console.

They do a good job with making the games, and I do like them, but money in count and making new things "development" wise with the content they have is not as great. They pretty much reimprove a games graphics make it a little more pricy and say it's new when it's really not new. Same thing with only Nintendo only allowing mostly 1st Party Games to work, instead of 3rd. Which is where I see a lot of Nintendos laziness at hand. And "new ideas" for games.

Again I am a Nintendo Fan (I use a modified Wii) I just do not like the new and constant updates for games, and consoles they have. Saying "Hey! You have to buy this if you want to still enjoy Nintendo!" If you get what I mean. But it is debatiable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1