Hacking Wii U image (WUD) compression tool

tony_p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been a few years since that was posted, so there may be some additional changes needed to compile with the latest versions of GCC at this point. I compiled a while back using the mentioned fixes and the binary still works fine for me. You can download my copy if you'd like.
I appreciate the offer Nitro, unfortunately I need a 32 bit for ARM (armel) compile; I downloaded the image onto my old Seagate nas and work with files there. It's a great little box apart from the fact it's running a rather old 3.10.72 kernel, however there's Entware and many Debian ARMel binaries work on it. It's no problem, I'll use it so rarely it's easier to just copy it to a Windows machine, the only problem was I had no idea it would inflate to a full Bluray disk size and use the /temp directory, I had to change the temp location to E:\ - it's my first foray into the WiiU scene and I'm learning as I go (from you all, everyone here is a big help). Thanks.

Maceika

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Lol, good work man but when i compressed skylanders trap team from wux to wud the game doubled in size, it was 12 GB now its 24 GB when i used this, still good though

Last edited by Maceika,

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What OS does this program run on?

Trying to drag and drop on Windows 10 and it doesn't allow it.

HelpfulHooty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm quite novice with these kinda things, so please forgive me if my questions are stupid.

If I understand correctly, this is compression tool for .wud files that are the ones that only the WiiU emulator on pc uses?
Or can one use this tool to save disk space by compressing wuds before installing them onto a extrenal hd thats hooked into WiU?

Since I have gotten the impression that .wuds are for emulator and .wups are for actual WiiU?

DesertSnakeReptile

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Will mosdef try this asap. Good job! Small things like these are what helps out in the long run. I myself am glad the Wii U scene is healthy lately.
s
Post automatically merged:

s

s
You say your algorithm made them incompatible with DiscU, does that mean it worked differently than Exzap's program does? He claims his program allows them to still be compatible, so I'd assume it's different, but I'd still like to be sure before I go around compressing my WUD folder.
s

Wow, excellent work!
s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head