Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I knew it would take one of the Cafeiine methods, either SD card or network, but I haven't even worked with either program, yet. Once I get the time, I'll eventually use them.
Quick note for future reference: you'll need a dump of the game if you want to do anything other than music mods. Use DDD and dump the game overnight to get all the files you need. Once you get the dump, check out the Smash Wii U modding thread for the programs you need.

Reactions: brienj

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
About the retroarch thing (it was me that started a shoddy conversion) Quark has been teaching me the finer points of libretro and Im trying hard to learn about it. This means it is going to take a long time because Ive a lot of things in life to juggle around and learning about the API is unfortunately difficult for me. I do hope to do something for the scene, but dont expect anything complete or polished lmao.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Wii Sports Club problem solvable? I don't have a Smash Disc, only the eshop version. Is the next version of Loadiin going to fix this, or will this be unplayable for a long time?

Also, with my old SD card, I could use the one step Loadiin boot. With the new card, I seem to have to run the kexploit separately.

Last edited by Slartibartfast42,

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maintenance =/= System update.
Most of the time is just servers clean up and other shit like that, which doesn't involve a Firmware update at all.

Ease up a bit with the "Homebrew's end" and paranoia, geez

Reactions: WeedZ

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maintenance =/= System update.
Most of the time is just servers clean up and other shit like that, which doesn't involve a Firmware update at all.

Ease up a bit with the "Homebrew's end" and paranoia, geez
homebrew wont end if the 5.5.1 people got tubehax or other blocks but we all know most dont have and when it happens we will see alot of threads saying wiiu updated itself lol.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use MrRean's new cafiine that works also on 5.5 and let you choose the IP
Alright I downloaded the server and got cafiine to boot from a website hosting all the exploits. What the heck do I do from there? I put in the ipv4 from ipconfig, and nothing happened. Where and how would I put the files on the sd card?

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright I downloaded the server and got cafiine to boot from a website hosting all the exploits. What the heck do I do from there? I put in the ipv4 from ipconfig, and nothing happened. Where and how would I put the files on the sd card?
1. Check your computer IP (ipconfig)
2. Put cafiine_server.exe (you can find it in cafiine repo on github) in a folder and in the same folder create a folder named cafiine_root; inside the cafiine_root folder create a folder named with the title id (enter the title id without '-')you want to mod and inside that folder create a folder named vol
3. Put the modded files in the correct path inside vol folder inside the correct tile id folder
4. Start cafiine_server.exe
5. Launch cafiine on your wii u (first the kernel exploit mapped 0xA0000000 and then MrRean's cafiine payload
6. Enter the computer IP and press A to install cafiine
7. Launch the game to mod
8. Enjoy!

Hope it helps :)

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
emulators of older systems like snes or something.
Read through the last 5 pages or so, sth like that was mentioned as being in development, but not even coded yet!
Well, and also there's LiteNESU, but... that's not the best of the best to put it nicely! ^°^'
But better, than nothing, right? :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described