Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure piracy could be achieved with the kernel exploit anyway..........The more people that get on board & the more devs that take an interest in the scene it's bound to happen. It happens with every console. There's no point in moaning about it. I'm just happy there is going to be some homebrew in wii u mode for now.

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm one of those who doesn't want to see piracy before the end of the console time life ...
Arguing that piracy is bad on a forum and website that regularly advertises flash devices on the front page is dumb. Piracy is inevitable, deal with it. The only question is when. Maybe it should be after the consoles life .....

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look what Gateway etc on the 3ds managed to do with kernel access.

Saying similarites here then to do the same we would need an ODE for Wii U,Gateway is still a device you need to access piracy.

If you want to point to out a same situation might as well go for ninjhax that doesnt need anything to run than a game.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point was that all your posts here seem to be against someone. No contributions.

Nah actually just you. Let's face it just about all the posts here aren't contributions, the devs are doing the contributing. I'm a programmer and I've made stuff for wiibrew and various other things, but this is above my head.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
f0f DID help out, at the beginning, if that means that in exchange we'll have to wait longer for the exploit then cool. Especially if piracy comes with it.

With that, NWP you mentioned we could have access to eshop without updating. Are there any others, potentially? Would connecting to individual game's servers be difficult?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
f0f DID help out, at the beginning, if that means that in exchange we'll have to wait longer for the exploit then cool. Especially if piracy comes with it.

With that, NWP you mentioned we could have access to eshop without updating. Are there any others, potentially? Would connecting to individual game's servers be difficult?

I'd have to see the actual code for myself to give exact details, so that's as good an answer I can give right now is that it should be possible to modify code for doing stuff such as for the popup to tell you you don't have the latest version so you can connect.
Anything you do with the kernel exploit has to be real-time, nothing is permanent.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'd have to see the actual code for myself to give exact details, so that's as good an answer I can give right now is that it should be possible to modify code for doing stuff such as for the popup to tell you you don't have the latest version so you can connect.
Anything you do with the kernel exploit has to be real-time, nothing is permanent.

Good enough for me, thanks!

Now to wait for the derailing.

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ENOUGH. This has been going on for 4+ pages now. Enough with the bashing each other, if you're gonna do that you may as well not even do it in this section because you all won't get along enough to make a scene for homebrew in the first place!
1) If you're going to talk about blocking updates with routers or anything else not progress related, do it here. That's why I made the thread.
2) The only stuff that should be in this thread (at the moment, anyways) is progress based updates, as deemed necessary. If you're just saying you found a crash, great! Figure out if it's exploitable and if it is THEN post in this thread. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on the kernel exploit (which MN1 summed up quite nicely a bit ago, we're basically working on timing issues right now). If you found out that you can backup NANDs and flash it back, great! Post it! Made a tool to modify game files? Awesome! Post it here. Otherwise, keep it out of this thread.

Ahem

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't care if piracy comes or goes. I'm just happy MN1 & NWP are putting a lot of effort in for all of us to enjoy the kernel exploit when it's ready. What ever happens after that is just a bonus :) Let's just get back on track here folks.

Reactions: VinsCool

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marcan knows his stuff... If he says he thinks/predicts USB loaders within 6 months of the common key leak, then that's the timescale I would expect
Common key leaking is irrelevant to USB loading, it was already inevitable.

Mods need to ban kids that keep spamming bs.
Including you, considering you're contributing to the off-topic by complaining about it being off-topic :P

Also, everyone needs to chill and listen to some relaxing music.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Did we really just do this again? One second this thread is fine and the next I see a ton of deleted posts. Just don't do the whole flaming thing. There are clear people who are starting problems here, maybe just stop saying stuff that might cause that. Put a filter on your keyboard, and don't always act like you're in the right in every situation here.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any kind of warning system at GBATemp? I feel it would be awful handy in this thread alone haha.

Marcan knows his stuff... If he says he thinks/predicts USB loaders within 6 months of the common key leak, then that's the timescale I would expect

Even if the common key had anything to do with USB loading, it would still require people with the know-how to code said loader. Nobody has even said they were working on it, so claiming that a project that hasn't even began will take 6 months to complete is pretty irrational.

The news to me is that someone has found an IOSU exploit? Who and when did this happen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone