Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So I guess no one knows the answer to my concerns about eShop access? @TotalInsanity4 @VinsCool Do we still need to use the exploit to access eShop even with a DNS and/or router blacklist setup?
I don't think It would be an issue. My setup works fine on 5.3.2 if I run the NNU patch before going to eshop. I would assume it would work right away on 5.5.1, and block future updates.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess no one knows the answer to my concerns about eShop access? @TotalInsanity4 @VinsCool Do we still need to use the exploit to access eShop even with a DNS and/or router blacklist setup?
nope, it's just a matter of getting the data, DNS blocks eShop access even on latest so you'd need to disable it but it'll let you access it fine, it's vanilla 5.5.1 =P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, it's just a matter of getting the data, DNS blocks eShop access even on latest so you'd need to disable it but it'll let you access it fine, it's vanilla 5.5.1 =P

@NWPlayer123 I currently don't have any form DNS blocking, only router IP blocking set up in the WiFi options; to be honest I don't exactly trust DNS blocking by itself. Would I have to disable the IP blackist on my router instead to go on there?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NWPlayer123 I currently don't have any form DNS blocking, only router IP blocking set up in the WiFi options; to be honest I don't exactly trust DNS blocking by itself. Would I have to disable the IP blackist on my router instead to go on there?
Just try opening up the eShop and giving it a try without shutting off the router filtering :P you really don't have anything to lose

Reactions: the_randomizer

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, so Parental Control is enabled, I'm on 5.5.1, eshop works just fine.
Using the exact same setup from 5.3.2 :)
The only thing I despise about 5.5.1 is that the Google search engine for the browser redirects you to a Nintendo webpage for a custom search instead of opening the keyboard.

Switched to Yahoo search, fuck that setup Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www-cbsnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/news/new-hampshire-dayc...