Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
i would like to play to yandere simulator on my wii u but i wonder if a way will be found
Your life's dream of wanting to be a murderous anime girl on a Nintendo console is probably still far away. If it's written in an easily-ported engine, maybe you could bug the developer to make a port instead.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your life's dream of wanting to be a murderous anime girl on a Nintendo console is probably still far away. If it's written in an easily-ported engine, maybe you could bug the developer to make a port instead.
it's done on unity so it's really easy
the creator has said that he could port the game but he's too busy to finish the game before

(and i'm not sure he'll do it on wii u XD)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the creator has said that he could port the game but he's too busy to finish the game before

In the early days you needed a special license to port Unity-games to WiiU.
Now it might just spit out a RPX and you're good if you know how to load them! ^^

Reactions: CJB100

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unit

Unity is easy to port because of the way the code is compiled. It is true that Unity is easily ported to the Wii U with the proper tools. It's highly unlikely a homebrew dev would have a lot of those tools because they are on lockdown from Nintendo.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i'm interested to learn how to making games to wii u, i've made a registration request as indie developer with unity to nintendo

i've done that 6 months ago but no responses so i try again

i haven't need of dev kit because the wii u is hacked ^^

so i have just need of the unity wii u version

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'm interested to learn how to making games to wii u, i've made a registration request as indie developer with unity to nintendo

Don't you have to show them concept art of some sort or an Alpha-Build running on PC? o.O

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read a few days ago that 5.2 IOSU was made available privately, now reading that there is also one "in the works" for 5.5.1. I was on the fence of selling my WiiU depending on what the NX is capable of, but with that news I'm definitely hanging onto it. Unfortunately I'll probably still doll out money for that collectors edition Zelda NX they will undoubtfully announce.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Read a few days ago that 5.2 IOSU was made available privately, now reading that there is also one "in the works" for 5.5.1. I was on the fence of selling my WiiU depending on what the NX is capable of, but with that news I'm definitely hanging onto it. Unfortunately I'll probably still doll out money for that collectors edition Zelda NX they will undoubtfully announce.
5.2 ? the wii u got updated ?

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
For those who care, gtx file format is ridiculously(somewhat if you think I'm over-describing it) similar to dds format.

I believe that if you want to convert gtx to dds, you can just grab the data from the gtx file (width, height, number of mips, format, etc... Check my documentation of the GTX file format here for more information on where those are located), write the headers of the dds file and everything needed, then write the data, width, height, number of mips, format, etc at where they should be.
I still have to double-check this information when I go home.

Last edited by AboodXD,

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think they'd just send you the SDK.

You can easily find it these days. ;)
They send you a custom version of Unity that has the required components to compile for the WiiU.

Did you give them your phone number and real address? They phone you to do a quick interview about your plans before sending you the NDA. If they can't phone you, it's unlikely they will bother responding to your request.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They send you a custom version of Unity that has the required components to compile for the WiiU.

Did you give them your phone number and real address? They phone you to do a quick interview about your plans before sending you the NDA. If they can't phone you, it's unlikely they will bother responding to your request.
i sent my phone number but i'm french so i dont know if they call the french numbers

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Contact the dev and see if he'll send the source code to @Voxel Studios so he can port it
Better still ask voxel to share the unity package or plug in required so myself and others can also easily port our games to wiiu. It's going to take me months to port navstar 7 to wiiu, I'm still getting lots of mashed up screens when testing and a lot of interest was shown just for this one title. Absolute nightmare.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Better still ask voxel to share the unity package or plug in required so myself and others can also easily port our games to wiiu. It's going to take me months to port navstar 7 to wiiu, I'm still getting lots of mashed up screens when testing and a lot of interest was shown just for this one title. Absolute nightmare.
But I think that the required license key is unique to each developer account. If this is the case, then if anyone were to (publically) share it, Nintendo would easily be able to determine the uploader and perhaps somehow make the license key invalid from that point forward.

(If anyone knows whether or not this accurate, please let me know.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast