Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even need to talk technical to prove your understanding is wrong:
- you can't swap discs because after putting disc in, it spins constantly (even if you take out the disc there will be an error, you can't do that stealthy)
- security checks aren't done only when you put your game into the drive
- communication between console and drive is encrypted so you can't do MITM without knowing encryption keys
- do you think people will mess their drives just to play games from other regions? I highly doubt it, even if it works but requires some steps every time you want to play other region disc, it's not worth the hassle

Good luck omitting that.

Even if you are stubborn enough to give it a try, keep in mind that it's not as simple as cutting some traces and soldering a switch or something. It faaaaaar more complex, it requires a lot of reverse engineering etc. It's impossible for person without experience and knowledge...

EOT. After all, I didn't want to be a prick so I'm sorry if you felt insulted.

Disc swapping is not my intention for the chip. That was just a side thought. As for the chip, it will be programmed to pass the correct region info whenever requested. The switch is only to power it off completely for when you want to go online so that ninty doesnt detect it.

Also as for the encryption, everything that runs on the hardware itself is straight up machine language.

I can rig a usb cable up various serial ports on the appropriate ic and read the outputs in matlab to find the correct info while a domestic game is booting. Sure it will take a lot of work and tons of trial and error but its not impossible. Then a simple ASM program needs to be written to monitor for when a request is made for the region info. Once the info is requested, the program will inject the said info. It can set up in a loop so that everytime info is requested, the proper output/input is given.

As for ppl messing with their drives to play imports, use google my friend....

Reactions: nonameboy

hdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is not as easy as you think. Have you considered that UARTs and JTAG might be both disabled for security purposes? Do you have datasheets for ICs? Who the hell would use matlab for such application?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not as easy as you think. Have you considered that UARTs and JTAG might be both disabled for security purposes? Do you have datasheets for ICs? Who the hell would use matlab for such application?
Let it go, lol. I was once harsh on TeamScriptKiddies (TSK) but then let it go. Being mean accomplishes nothing although it can be therapeutic. There was a guy on here, "Shadow Lag" who was going to do a dual boot nand and had all of these great ideas including using some 360 Linux "stuff" for the Trinux or whatever name it has now. He posted pictures and had lifted caps and it was ugly. He said he had a friend who could help him fix it. BUT then I think he asked about ways to solder it?

Anyway, he disappeared BUT I am fairly certain some guy with an "Oak" in his name looks EXACTLY like that guy. TSK is really an overall POSITIVE. He is risking his stuff for what he enjoys doing (just my view of it).

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Datasheets are just a click away :P. Again, google is your friend... As for choosing to use matlab im only looking for binary streams of data. There is no need for anything fancy. I will likely use one of the alternatives anyway (freemat or octave) . As for jtag and uart ports, i never even mentioned either of those. Im talking about the internal serial ports on the ics themselves using the pinouts for it.

Clearly, you know very little about microcontrollers and how they are designed. I would be utilizing ports that are already being used to authenticate the region info. So in other words, they are always enabled, otherwise, no games would boot do to incorrect region info (or lack thereof).

If you're so all knowing like you imply, lets see you working on some hacks for the wii u

hdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you're so all knowing like you imply, lets see you working on some hacks for the wii u

I do not need to be working on anything Wii U related to have sufficient knowledge to know it won't work. Just show us ANYTHING to prove you you're right about your thesis. There are TONS of arguments you're wrong and NO ARGUMENTS you're right.

Do you think google have all the datasheets? I'm pretty sure Wii U drive uses some proprietary ICs and technical documentation is unlikely to be public. Again - without proper documentation you won't make any progress since it is not about "trail and error", it requires a lot of experience and knowledge to find out how these things work. And I'm not talking about some ridiculous microcontrollers like arduino or PIC you stated is everything we need (pfff... have you heard of FPGAs? this is more likely to be a better hardware for things you want to achieve).

You know what? I've already made BETTER progress than you. At least I've searched for pics of the drive guts: http://www.consoleopen.com/forum/wii-u-hardware/10167-foto-lettore-ottico-wiiu.html Now I'm passing it to you. Can you tell us the pinout of main IC inside wiiu drive? I'm pretty sure you can't since there are no datasheets to be found online.

Also seeing your messy soldering skills I'm sure you aren't even capable of soldering to those tiny legs.

Reactions: Deletedmember331810

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read an article on IGN that the 3DS NINJHAX exploit is now ruined and Nintendo had a response to it in the form of 9.3 System Update... Should we be concerned? What does this mean for potential Wii U Homebrew?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but wouldn't Nintendo just patch out an exploit or release a System Update if they found anything out? I thought for a possible exploit to be useful, it had to work on latest System Firmware?

lolno, that's not even close to true. It's equally useful on ALL firmwares, it's just that most people wouldn't be able to use it :P

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we were to find another use after free webkit bug would it be interchangeable with the current exploit or does the spray/payload have to be ported to work with a different use after free?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag