Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not exactly like that. You should have the game INSTALLED on the USB device, not simply copied and encrypted....

That will only be possible when we can use System Config Tool (and bypass signature checks).
No, we can put content on it without "installing it" and use it. And we don't need System Config Tool. This is why I said, it's not what everyone wants when they say USB access.

Most people mean hook it up to pc, put games on it, play/install them, I'd imagine.

wii94

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
@Hykem or othes devs, is there any difference between the 8gb and 32gb console regarding upcoming iosu and other homebrew? I have each of one on 5.3.2 and dont now wich one i should keep. The white one has quiter fan, but only 3.5gb free space on internal storage.

D

Deleted-355425

@Hykem or othes devs, is there any difference between the 8gb and 32gb console regarding upcoming iosu and other homebrew? I have each of one on 5.3.2 and dont now wich one i should keep. The white one has quiter fan, but only 3.5gb free space on internal storage.

keep both, thats what i did :D

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Maybe you could format a USB, then someone could use a USB loader program on ze laptop similar to how the Wii program works
No, that doesn't work. You can ask @Marionumber1 if you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uh, yea, you could call that USB access without IOSU. He isn't wrong.
No, what we mean by USB access is running games with loadiine from a USB for example, which isn't possible yet.

Last edited by AboodXD,
Reactions: gbamix

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my tests, I discovered that IOSU has registered a class driver for USB storage devices, meaning that any USB storages devices plugged in will be immediately claimed by it, and the PPC can't use them. Other USB devices are perfectly usable from the PPC, but to access USB storage, IOSU access is required (well, that or changing the class of the device).

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
since there is already a iosu hack in the works
the private exploits should be released
Why lol ?
Hykem said he's preparing the exploit to be usable for up to 5.5.0
Releasing the private exploits will just make them patched in the next firmware, hence we would have no other possible entry point after Hyklems exploit...

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what would be the point?
Yeah. What if Nintendo would be able patch IOSU exploit in 5.6 firmware, but Nintendo can't find the private exploit by themselves. Why do Nintendo a favor by needlessly letting them kill all exploit in one go?

Last edited by Sicklyboy, , Reason: Removed reply to trashed post
Reactions: I pwned U!

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Both consoles are the same (only change in hard drive's size and color) i think you should keep the black one if you will sell one

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I see that as expected the exploit wasn't ready for christmas. I was just wondering what kind of time frame are we looking at for a release, days, weeks, months?
I'd say we're looking at a release for either the end of next week, or just about anytime during January. He did mention doing maintenance for it during the first month of 2016.

If he doesn't deliver on New Years, then it will be a complete surprise in January when he suddenly slaps it to the site one day. So it may have not been an exciting christmas present, but it'll be a fun surprise either way later on.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMm6wIktNk