Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well you all 5.4.0 people only have yourselves to blame, ......
.....So for all 5.4.0 you only have yourselves to blame not the devs not anyone but yourselves now deal with it, if you wanna continue updating its your call if not its also your call, dont blame the devs for your choices.

Relax, no one is blaming anyone here, I would be the first one to criticize that.

Dumb question but, why an exploit behaives so different among different systems?

I believe I read NWP123 said something about the buffer in 5.5.0 that makes it almost impossible to get it to work. But I'm not the expert to give a clearer answer, so that question isn't dumb I believe ^^'.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dumb question but, why an exploit behaives so different among different systems?
This is an example, and doesn't quite apply to the Wii U, but it follows the same basics. This is hardly 100% accurate, and probably some wrong stuff, but it should give you an idea of why things can be so different between the same hardware, and different hardware systems.

Say we have the same computer, but the difference for me is the size of my paging file. A paging file is where anything over your maximum amount of RAM is stored, and then basically swapped out as needed from hard drive to ram and vice-versa with what it's replacing if it still needs that information later.

So, we load the same webpage, with the same browser, both using 500MB over our RAM size, but running different programs in the background. The location of some things may change from where they are on yours, on mine even in a somewhat controlled environment like the Wii U. This is where addresses and sophisticated programming come in. Sometimes a driver or program looks for data/code in a specific location. To do this, sometimes they find the "begining" address, and calculate the new function/data address from there.

So just from that, you can see how two people loading the same thing can be completely different. On a Wii U this could be something the processor does, something the way each console receives packets, slight differences in other hardware (not all hardware is 100% the same, they usually "tuned" to be the "same"). There are a lot of variables that can make an exploit work for you, not work for anyone else, or even not work a second time you try it yourself. Part of this can be seen with the osdriver exploit already. For me, a lower wait time in the osdriver exploit works better for me, and the wait was added because it supposedly helps things.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
well you all 5.4.0 people only have yourselves to blame, i remenber all of us 5.3.2 waiting and manny people were like i cant wait i need splatton online or mario maker, too bad for you, you guys made your choice, and before you say oh my wiiu updated acidentaly, you were told to never have standby mode active becuase if opendns fialled atleast it wouldnt install anything but you guys never switched that off aswhell, not to mention everyone knew opendns did not work with dynamic ips and you kept using it.

So for all 5.4.0 you only have yourselves to blame not the devs not anyone but yourselves now deal with it, if you wanna continue updating its your call if not its also your call, dont blame the devs for your choices.
I used OpenDNS and it failed due to dynamic ip, who should I blame now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I believe I read NWP123 said something about the buffer in 5.5.0 that makes it almost impossible to get it to work. But I'm not the expert to give a clearer answer, so that question isn't dumb I believe ^^'.
I think they improved it, because it worked for MrRean....

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well you lol, why did you had standby mode on? even if opendns failled if standby mode was off you could shut off the console when it started updating when you turned it on, why people have standby mode ON is beyond me.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yourself for not knowing how OpenDNS works... It seems that is the biggest problem around here, people messing around with stuff without knowing what they are doing... anyway, back on topic.

EDIT: Same aplies for the Wii U here..

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Yourself for not knowing how OpenDNS works... It seems that is the biggest problem around here, people messing around with stuff without knowing what they are doing... anyway, back on topic.
Wait, what?? Who said I don't know how to use OpenDNS? Dynamic IPs are windows things not OpenDNS...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Wait, what?? Who said I don't know how to use OpenDNS? Dynamic IPs are windows things not OpenDNS...
thanks for educating us, i will just switch to linux for a static IP, nice to know :creep:

ok just to clarify before someone "blames" me for them updating, (external) dynamic/static IP's are to do with your internet provider it doesn't matter what you are using to connect if your ISP gives dynamic IP's it applies to everything connected to your router, im pretty sure the openDNS guide covered the "risks" of using OpenDNS to block updates anyway, and pretty sure the guides mention to disable standby mode too

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I stop looking at this thread and all I see are debates about who to blame for shit

here's it plain and simple: you updated, you wanted hacks, your fault. plain and simple tbh. You took the risk of using OpenDNS, so it's your fault.

Also, just to let people know, my exploit worked before NWPlayer123, so I don't see where the "improved exploit" rumor came form.

Last edited by MrRean,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Network IPs have nothing to do with a machine's operating system.

I updated thanks to all those "5.4 is safe!" posts made by NWPlayer123. Obviously 5.4+ isn't safe.
Technically it is. There is just no public usermode entrypoint.

So, patience is virtue.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated thanks to all those "5.4 is safe!" posts made by NWPlayer123. Obviously 5.4+ isn't safe.

It should be obvious to anyone that "safe" means exploitable. Nowhere in there exists a statement that a public exploit is available, or will be released by your standard of "soon".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay