Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure you need IOSU hack to spoof the firmware, but I didn't explore much the spoof topic =). But maybe ..

Nop I can't load the game complety, it always crashes at some point.
In the video it doesn't crash because I skipped the loading of one file with cafiine, so it can't loads till the end (when the file is retrieved by network, just after retrieving the data, the wiiu can't communicate anymore, I don't know why, maybe network problem, maybe thread problem, maybe i didn't implement well some filesystem function ...).
It also happens with other games I tried. Still investigating ...

For the moment it's still in development state with most of the stuff done by hand. I'll try to make easy tools when everything will be released.
note : cafiine doesn't do the dump, it is only used to send the game files and mirroring the filesystem functions.

Why don't you let others test it with faster networks to try and see if it is a network issue?. It might just be down to the fact your local network is not fast enough to send data to your wiiu? It would be a shame if its just down to that problem cause it could affact many with slower networks.

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Reecey, your attempt to get his unfinished work sounds a bit on the early side. And whatever your connection, the bottleneck will always be the Wifi chip of the Wii U, which i presume you did not overclock ..?

Reactions: bache

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
@Reecey, your attempt to get his unfinished work sounds a bit on the early side. And whatever your connection, the bottleneck will always be the Wifi chip of the Wii U, which i presume you did not overclock ..?
Don't be silly, I'm making no attempt to do anything like that, I'm just here to help that's all!. All I thought was if I have a fast network and he wanted to test that theory out I would of helped him, its not as though I would grab his "unfinished work" as you so put it bluntly and make a big thing about it!

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're assuming Wifi is the only option. It's entirely possible a USB ethernet adapter could outperform wireless.

Reactions: OncleJulien

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't be silly,

You're assuming Wifi is the only option. It's entirely possible a USB ethernet adapter could outperform wireless.

did not want to sound offensive, just i don't see the point of a fast internet connection in the deal.

And indeed, a USB ethernet adapter could be a good option, even if i'm not aware of the capability of the wifi chipset Vs USB ethernet. I assume it would be better anyway

Reactions: Margen67 and Reecey

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did not want to sound offensive, just i don't see the point of a fast internet connection in the deal.

And indeed, a USB ethernet adapter could be a good option, even if i'm not aware of the capability of the wifi chipset Vs USB ethernet. I assume it would be better anyway

It's very hard to predict. Based on my experience with other consoles, all of them underperform relative to the specs of their ethernet chipsets--the bottleneck always seems to lie somewhere upstream. We'll find out eventually.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

That's cool, I'm too old in life now I think, to be playing childish games :rolleyes:

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
RPX loader almost working :)

Not fully functional, but it's a good start!
Also able to dump games rpx

Awesome!
The .rpx is unencrypted/in ppc asm, isn't it?
If this is the case I'd try to inject my costume code into it as like as I did it to create the Wind Waker- and Twilight Princess Chaos Editions :P

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we could in theory convert DOL to ELF to RPX and kickstart Wii U homebrew now through Loadiine?
No, it doesn't work like that, for one you'd need to rewrite the whole graphics backend since Wii/GC just shoved everything into the DOL, now we have dynamic linking with libraries and a brand new GPU.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't USB support via IOSU be the best replacement for loading files through Loadiine instead of streaming them?

Well you need to get there first ... and who knows if it will be released once the devs got a hold of it?
Loadiine as of right now is the best that could happen to us, so take what you can get ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Hello