Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time to shoot this rumor down before the confusion kicks in.

We do not have a way to execute code on 5.5.0 whatsoever, what was shown in the video was real firmware spoofing on 5.3.2

Then surely, there's nothing preventing end users from being able to do the same?

Reactions: Margen67

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, "you aren't going to need it" sounds good enough, doesn't it? ;) Trust these guys, they know what they are doing ;)
Well that all depends on if we've been waiting on 5.4 for a reason. We were told to stay on 5.4. Then we were told that it only works on 1 out of 10 consoles. Then we were told that only two people have it. Then we were told the 11th. So again, :glare:.

Last edited by Zap Rowsdower,

TopazPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"you aren't going to need it" Definitely sounds interesting. To me, it seems that either A)The "exploit" is no longer centered within the browser (if it's userspace one) B)A userspace exploit is no longer needed to run kernel? If we aren't going to need a userspace exploit (I presume that's what he means) then something exciting and new is coming. I could be completely wrong though. C)The team will wave their magic wands.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Already one day into launch, I've already stared at the level data and figured out small chunks. Sending a test to NWP and if this works, the game is editable.
Slighty off topic, but damn your sig is epic! :D

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giphy.gif

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1