Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I read on another thread, it looks like Mario Maker requires a FW higher than 5.3.2. Was really hoping I wouldn't have to choose between game and Wii U hacking... :(
And since it has online features, because of that asshat Ryanrocks, it requires the latest firmware: 5.5.0.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you think it is worth updating system?
Depends on how much you like the premise of Mario Maker.

I do love it, but I don't get overly hyped about it to buy it just yet because of reasons.

Just a suggestion though, I would suggest you wait up until october to see if the IOSU exploit is released or to hopefully have a spoofer up by that month.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really torn about what to do now. I went to play Mario Kart 8 online, and it seems we now need a system update in addition to having the game up to date. I get prompted about updating before I can access Nintendo Network.
The scene is mainly fixated on RAM modification and file replacement at the moment; neither of which interest me. Might be time to just update and move on.
"The scene" isn't fixated on that... Just us end users who like playing around with it since we can't go online :P
I believe Marionumber1, NWPlayer123, hykem, et al are working on various things, including IOSU exploits and firmware spoofing.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe Marionumber1, NWPlayer123, hykem, et al are working on various things, including IOSU exploits and firmware spoofing.

Hopefully we'll get some form of emuNAND or sneekU/uneekU/neek2oU (?) allowing you to run the actual firmware (plus a few strategic patches) guaranteeing 100% binary compatibility. But patience will be required. Mine is still at 3.1.0 so that should tell you something.

D

Deleted-355425

Hopefully we'll get some form of emuNAND or sneekU/uneekU/neek2oU (?) allowing you to run the actual firmware (plus a few strategic patches) guaranteeing 100% binary compatibility. But patience will be required. Mine is still at 3.1.0 so that should tell you something.

because of the surfaced IOSU exploit?

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally disagree with the idea of FW spoofing, mostly for the fact that it allows a direct door to ruining online.

Personally,

I could literally give .02 about online play. I would like the ability to access the eshop though, for DLC and VC games. However, I have another WiiU that is fully up to date so I still get those things, its just on my kids Wii U and not mine.

Reactions: bache

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I personally disagree with the idea of FW spoofing, mostly for the fact that it allows a direct door to ruining online.
there is always the possibility of just doing enough to bypass on disk updates but not bypass online checks, generally speaking the former is easier,although i would like online and eshop access i know asshats would be asshats and ruin it all anyway

Reactions: VinsCool and ploggy

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Also, idk what the differences are... but I just built the osdriver/kernel that FIX94 made edits to from 9/4/15 (link) and it works 100x better than the osdriver_v2 that I was using.

Attached for anyone else that wants to try.
Thanks for this! Works wonderfully for me :)

Reactions: fiveighteen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q