Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info.
added error example for lower firmwares!

You are welcome! Works fine now ;)

Anybody know how Hykem is getting on with the IOSU exploit?

I'd love to hear any info on this also if possible as it's the only thing stopping me from updating from 3.1.0E to 5.3.2E! If you need anything testing with me being on such a low firmware Hykem just let me know.

ExJam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the OSv11 are the libraries stored that we can access with the browser Exploit!
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Cafe_OS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Brett Lawson
Can you share a compiled version of the emulator?

There's no point in getting a compiled version of the emulator, it is only a console window right now and all games crash very quickly. We have not implemented any of the gx2 graphics yet. Games will not be playable any time soon. We will not be distributing any binaries any time soon, you can have a screenshot though.

8b7aaf2299.png

mashiro21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm using opendns right now without any problems. i started using their downloadable dynamic ip updater, and i haven't had any problems ever since. hopefully it stays that way

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
There's no point in getting a compiled version of the emulator, it is only a console window right now and all games crash very quickly. We have not implemented any of the gx2 graphics yet. Games will not be playable any time soon. We will not be distributing any binaries any time soon, you can have a screenshot though.
A bit off-topic now but I've always wondered how someone starts programming an emulator for something when there's not even real information yet available on how it should be in the future.

ExJam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A bit off-topic now but I've always wondered how someone starts programming an emulator for something when there's not even real information yet available on how it should be in the future.

Information doesn't magically appear, people work hard to produce it!

Fortunately there was enough information to get started for the Wii U, for example its processor is just the same as the Wii but 3 cores of it, so the CPU is well known. The first step really is loading binaries, luckily some other people had documented the .rpx/.rpl format and also someone made a plugin to load them into IDA. Once you have binaries loading all you need to do is implement the whole operating system! You can see that is how I started from the first commit https://github.com/exjam/wiiu-emu/commit/b121b9290c1eca5de0a2f43b5497c2ac6613c397

Implementing the operating system just means spending a very long time reverse engineering the binaries which you can acquire from the NUS update files. Which is only possible due to people making tools like the IDA loader, and NUS update download extractor things. Oh and don't forget the nice people who figured out how to decrypt your legally owned games! And the people who make the exploits to let us test code on a real console!

Last edited by ExJam,

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man. I thought there had been a release with gbatemp being down... Received my copy of Mario Party 10 today so it's going to be that much harder to hold off on updating from 3.1.0E to 5.3.2E...

Must
Be
Strong

lol

If anyone working on things could shed some insight into an IOSU hack for 5.3.2 then I can just go ahead and enjoy? Until then I'm going to try my best to stay at 3.1.0E (Although once my daughter sees this game I may have no choice, going to hide it!)

Reactions: JaceCearK1

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh man. I thought there had been a release with gbatemp being down... Received my copy of Mario Party 10 today so it's going to be that much harder to hold off on updating from 3.1.0E to 5.3.2E...

Must
Be
Strong

lol

If anyone working on things could shed some insight into an IOSU hack for 5.3.2 then I can just go ahead and enjoy? Until then I'm going to try my best to stay at 3.1.0E (Although once my daughter sees this game I may have no choice, going to hide it!)
I also thought that!
Too bad... :(

y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Nintendo trying to push another update? i'm on 5.4.0 U, and i have openDNS going, and there is a System Update (that keeps erroring out :)) in my download management.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can always use a crossover cable from your Wii to PC, if you didn't notice

Despite the fact that I have a PC on the second floor and the Wii U on the bottom floor of my parents house, a difference of over ten meters. Where the deuce am I going to find a crossover cable that long? Didn't you see my previous posts regarding this very issue, and where I discuss this with others ad nauseum?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Despite the fact that I have a PC on the second floor and the Wii U on the bottom floor of my parents house, a difference of over ten meters. Where the deuce am I going to find a crossover cable that long? Didn't you see my previous posts regarding this very issue?
Ethernet over Power. Or in this case, crossover over power, same concept.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la