Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be awesome if after the kernel exploit is released, someone makes a site called exploitmykernel.com that allows users to launch the RPC client on their computer, enter their computer's IP on the Wii U, and then be forwarded to a page that starts the RPC connection.

This is not dependent on a kernal exploit. This can be done with the webkit exploit alone, just build rpc.c in the wii-userspace repo. The trick needed would be to edit the hex payload in javascript to alter the IP address.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not dependent on a kernal exploit. This can be done with the webkit exploit alone, just build rpc.c in the wii-userspace repo. The trick needed would be to edit the hex payload in javascript to alter the IP address.
If i were more skilled in web development, id be all over this. Sadly, my skills are minimal in that dept :(

AntagonistX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe I'm missing something here...

Webkit exploit is used to give userland access. This access allows more control and options when exploiting the kernel. If the access point to this exploit is from the unpatched webkit, why would updating be okay? If a kernel exploit is found dependent on utilizing the webkit exploit, is it not the same as having a key to a door with no door handle?

I'm probably missing something, but I'd imagine by updating you would also update the webkit and even if the kernel exploit wasn't patched (and likely won't be until made public) the webkit exploit is which essentially means you now have a door handle with no key.. Unless of course a new webkit exploit has been found and is being kept private and that wouldn't be a far stretch.

I'm very interested in following all this, could someone bring me up to speed?

Also - been creeping for a while now, first post here. I'm a busy guy, figured I'd chime in. :)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm missing something here...

Webkit exploit is used to give userland access. This access allows more control and options when exploiting the kernel. If the access point to this exploit is from the unpatched webkit, why would updating be okay? If a kernel exploit is found dependent on utilizing the webkit exploit, is it not the same as having a key to a door with no door handle?

I'm probably missing something, but I'd imagine by updating you would also update the webkit and even if the kernel exploit wasn't patched (and likely won't be until made public) the webkit exploit is which essentially means you now have a door handle with no key.. Unless of course a new webkit exploit has been found and is being kept private and that wouldn't be a far stretch.

I'm very interested in following all this, could someone bring me up to speed?

Also - been creeping for a while now, first post here. I'm a busy guy, figured I'd chime in. :)

Yes, this is correct, but we have new webkit exploits being worked on behind the scenes, as well

So we essentially have a doorknob with a broken key, but we've called the locksmith :)

AntagonistX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, this is correct, but we have new webkit exploits being worked on behind the scenes, as well

So we essentially have a doorknob with a broken key, but we've called the locksmith :)

Ahh I see.

Then by the powers of deduction, webkit has been exploited for updated versions just not publicly released. Either that, or banking on an exploit to come in the near future (it is webkit after all :P ) while focusing on the kernel itself.. utilizing the webkit exploits on lower system versions.

Otherwise put, we can assume that so long as a webkit exploit allowing userland access exists regardless of the wii u version or method (which may vary version to version), the result would be the same - give some permissions to execute the kernel exploit for full access. Cool stuff. I can also certainly appreciate the secrecy behind the inner workings :)

There is a POC for ps4 webkit, source included which is an interesting read. Just thought I'd put that one out there!

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

NotHere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in other words....... No hack, no HB, no ODE for any time soon :(. I really was dying to play some Wii U games. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in other words....... No hack, no HB, no ODE for any time soon :(. I really was dying to play some Wii U games. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

Homebrew is around the corner. Backups may never happen. I do not recommend buying a console for the sole purpose of either homebrew or piracy, it's a very bad consumer model to buy based on assumptions ;)

In all seriousness, though, I recommend buying a few Wii U games, especially if you can find them cheap. Starting with MarioKart 8, Smash Bros 4, and Super Mario 3D World :yayu:

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think its ok to release this here, mods can remove it if not - pretty simple setup, high compatibility : wiiu disc image site exploit

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you wanted to pirate them? -_-.

Just buy the damn things. You'll be able to play online too, seeing as how Ninty is banning pirates on the 3DS.

I sold my wiiu long ago because I expected homebrew/backup loaders sooner. I will buy a wiiu when BOTH are running. So if there is no wiiu backup loaders than Nintendo has no chance of making money off me.

I do buy 'must have' games for the systems I own. see what I'm saying?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold my wiiu long ago because I expected homebrew/backup loaders sooner. I will buy a wiiu when BOTH are running. So if there is no wiiu backup loaders than Nintendo has no chance of making money off me.

I do buy 'must have' games for the systems I own. see what I'm saying?
I can't see it, sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn missed this one...