Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
There's no regions, it's just different Title ID's (http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database). You can probably write a script to generate an XML for the program to use for telling region like in the original NUSD but otherwise you just gotta know. Also, you can always ask me too :P

I don't particularly care myself, but some folks might want it. However, thinking about it, I can always add back in the wii impersonator scraping when someone wants a specific countries version. Easy enough to do since I already have the code written to do so.

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I bought my Wii U many months ago and it didn't register it to get club nintendo points because that require me to update the firmware and I will lose the chance to hack it but now that club nintendo is closing and they offer a real good deals , so if I update will I lose the opportunity to hack my Wii U or is it Ok and doesn't matter too much ???

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I bought my Wii U many months ago and it didn't register it to get club nintendo points because that require me to update the firmware and I will lose the chance to hack it but now that club nintendo is closing and they offer a real good deals , so if I update will I lose the opportunity to hack my Wii U or is it Ok and doesn't matter too much ???

Go ahead and update, unless you're a developer and plan to code stuff on 5.1.0 or whatever, feel free to update. By the time anything interesting/useful comes out, it'll be working on the latest version anyways.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
its nice ti hear the kernel and webkit r safe. but how can we be sure that nothing else was blocked in the proccess? like any possible iosu exploits or anything like that? thats the only reason ive been holding out. cos knowing my luck i will b waitin longer and longer the more i continue to update

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even in VM format?

Maybe using something like Qemu, but that again would require porting over to the Wii U (or alternatively Trinux, but trinux is running in vWii mode only with access to only 1 core of the espresso right now, so its very limited atm).

It would be ideal I think to use Qemu in Wii U mode if someone is able to port it over once the kernel exploit is out as that would likely provide more than enough resources (once developers figure out how to fully utilize the Wii U hardware) to properly run Qemu and emulate the x86 architecture (32bit). Then one could possibly port chrome (32 bit version) to the Wii U and run it under Qemu....

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be awesome if after the kernel exploit is released, someone makes a site called exploitmykernel.com that allows users to launch the RPC client on their computer, enter their computer's IP on the Wii U, and then be forwarded to a page that starts the RPC connection.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
It would be awesome if after the kernel exploit is released, someone makes a site called exploitmykernel.com that allows users to launch the RPC client on their computer, enter their computer's IP on the Wii U, and then be forwarded to a page that starts the RPC connection.

Why not you?

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
no people miss out the "big" key point. like when they say its safe they mean the kernel exploit works on latest update but not the webkit browser. !!

True, but i've heard there are people working on the webkit/exploit for 5.3.2. Don't have a clue what their progress is though?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to...