Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah after 15 I gave up and we scrapped and rewrote smea's dumper entirely.
I know your team doesn't like being asked plenty of questions , but can you shed some light on how your dumper works at least , does it write the raw bytes in hardcoded values , does it compress the Nand size ? size of the SD card recommended ?

joacosur15

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry for my bad english, i have a question, the WIIU nand, could be "generic", like x360, when you can inyect the unique data to a donate nand, and it will be valid? Maybe the best option in that, dump the OTP and another unique data, and make a patcher to patch a good wii u 5.5.1 nand..

Whovian NineThreeSixNine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know your team doesn't like being asked plenty of questions , but can you shed some light on how your dumper works at least , does it write the raw bytes in hardcoded values , does it compress the Nand size ? size of the SD card recommended ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-1010#post-6622621 says

We weren't really going to comment on this yet as this stuff's still under development but we'll support creating shrunken mlc images. The minimum SD requirement will ultimately be around 16GB for all consoles, I think. If you're a 32gb owner and you want to keep your entire mlc (onboard storage) usable, you'll need 33GB of space on a 64+GB card. The rest of the SD card is all fat32-formatted, and usable for other cool stuff we have planned.
Additionally, our backup format for system storage (2xslc + mlc + otp and seeprom) dumps has some really smart compression to keep the backup filesizes waaay down.

So hopefully that helps answer at least part of that question! (I AM NOT PART OF SALT, ETC)

Reactions: Ghassen-ga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill